Status: Finished. ♥

Hold On Until May

I'd Rather Be Dreaming

Her mind awoke, and she got her sense of touch back first. She was lying on a soft bed, covered by a thin blanket. She tried moving her arm, but a piercing pain ran through her vein. Great, an IV.
She opened her eyes, and the bright white light made her close them again. She tried again, slowly, and saw she was in the hospital. She saw her parents and Lauren sitting there, staring at her.
“Oh, sweetheart.” Her mother’s voice broke, and a tear ran down her cheek as she got up and hugged Savannah as though she was fragile. Lauren’s makeup was messed up again, and her lower lip was wobbling. Her father looked depressed and soulless, as though the reaper had come and taken all the life out of him.
“Am I okay?” Savannah asked.
Her mother nodded. “Yes, you are perfectly okay. You just fainted and hit your head.”
Savannah stretched her legs and looked at her father. “Are you okay, dad?”
He nodded, and smiled. His face was still as pale as moonlight. “I was just worried.”
“But I’m okay now.”
He smiled and nodded. “I know you are, dear.”
Finally, she looked over at Lauren. Lauren’s tears and pain filled face showed how much she truly cared about Savannah.
“I didn’t know what to do” Lauren said. “I just started screaming for help. It was so scary…”
“What happened?” Savannah asked, her voice still hoarse.
“I looked at you, and you just looked spaced out. So I asked if you were okay, and you just fell back. I started panicking and you started convulsing and I knew you had hit your head and…” Lauren trailed off, looking away.
“Really?” Savannah whispered.
Lauren nodded.
Savannah sighed, and felt her head. It was sore, but she felt perfectly okay.
“The boys of that band wanted me to give you this.” Her mother reached into her purse and pulled out a big, folded piece of paper.
Savannah unfolded it and found that it was an autographed poster of them, the kind that you could only get at the concerts. She smiled happily, and a tear ran down her cheek.
“And they wanted to meet you as soon as possible. They’re postponing their concerts until they meet you.” Her mother smiled.
“Really? Where are they now?”
“Oh, I’m sure they’re resting. It’s three in the morning.”
Savannah gaped at her. No wonder all three of them had black circles underneath their eyes.
“The doctor should be back soon. He was just getting the papers to admit you out of here.”
“Okay, good. But when do I get to meet Pierce the Veil? Does Lauren get to come?”
“Yes, Lauren gets to come. And as soon as possible. They’re hoping tomorrow, but they said whenever you feel well enough to do it.”
“Yeah, I’ll do it tomorrow!” Savannah sat up excitedly. “I can’t wait!” she grinned at Lauren, and Lauren happily grinned back.
-♥-
The next day, Savannah shot out of bed and into the bathroom to get ready. Lauren had spent the night, and was still sleeping. But Savannah had been waiting up all night for this.
She got ready quickly, and pulled on the outfit she was wearing the day before- the beige sweater, another pair of black leggings, and her ballet flats. She made her hair look extra perfect and she made sure her makeup wasn't going to smudge a bit.
While perfecting her makeup, she heard Lauren get up and run to the bathroom excitedly.
“I can’t believe we’re going to meet them!” Lauren said enthusiastically.
Savannah grinned. “I know!”
Savannah did the final touches on her makeup and let Lauren take her shower. Heading for the stairs, she could smell breakfast cooking and hurried into the kitchen. Pretty soon, Lauren came down, all dolled up, and grabbed a plate herself.
After eating and eagerly talking about Pierce the Veil, they finally got their stuff together and walked out to the car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short & sweet. :)
Longer chapter will be up.
Feedback and criticism is encouraged and welcomed. :)
Comment if you've ever been in a hospital from a problem...♥x