Status: Finished. ♥

Hold On Until May

Galaxies

A couple hours later and the house was filled with Savannah’s family. Little kids running around, making noise. Drunk uncles on the couch, laughing and watching the football game. Aunts in the kitchen, cooking and gossiping. Teenagers hanging around, doing nothing.
Nobody was in the den except for Tony and Savannah. Savannah didn’t want to be around family right now- all she really wanted was to be around Tony.
“What made you want to get that piercing?” She asked, looking at the glimmer below his left eye.
He shrugged. “I don’t know, really. Why don’t you have piercings?”
Savannah grimaced. “Because I don’t like needles…”
“Oh, they’re not that bad.” He laughed.
“Says the man covered in tattoos.” Savannah said. She noticed his knuckles. “Wha-what? Do you really have Star Wars tattooed on your knuckles?”
He laughed. “Of course I do! You just don’t understand how amazing Star Wars is.”
She held up her hands in defense. “Okay. Whatever you say, Tony.”
“Savannah!” she heard her mom say. “Savannah, we’re opening presents now!”
“Okay!” she yelled back. “Do you want to come, or?”
Tony was silent for a moment. “I mean, it’s already six. I should be getting back to the bus. They probably want to leave now…” he let the implied question hang in the air.
Savannah sighed. “Tony…I don’t know. What if my mother doesn’t even let me? I’m barley eighteen. I’m still in high school. I’m not even in my senior year…”
“What does school have to do with this?” Tony asked.
“What I’m saying is that I’m still young, Tony. She’s barley met you, what makes you think she’ll be comfortable with the idea of me going on a bus with four or more men?”
“It’s only for a few more days.”
“How long?”
Tony didn’t say anything.
“How long, Tony?” she asked, more calm.
“Like, a week.”
A week? A week? What happened to a few days?
Savannah thought for a second. Maybe her mother would let her...she did let Lauren drive me to a venue…and she knows how horrible Lauren drives…but that’s nothing compared to this.
“I suppose I could give it a shot.” Savannah said quietly.
Tony looked up. “You sound like you don’t even want to.” He stood up. “Look, I’ve got to g-“
“No.” Savannah stood up and took his hands. “I’m just…I’m just scared of her saying no.”
“Well, Savannah, you’re 18. You’re no a little girl anymore. You’re of age, she can’t tell you what to do.”
“I just don’t want her to worry…”
“Savannah?” Her mother asked, stepping into the room. “Did you hear me earlier?
Savannah turned around. “Yeah. But, um, mom? Can I ask you a serious question?”
“What is it, Savannah?” her mother looked concerned.
“Uh…well, this may seem crazy but…Tony’s in a band, right?”
“He is?” her mom looked at Tony, impressed. “How far have you gotten?”
“Well, the 9:30 Club was sold out for three shows in a row.” Tony said, naming a club in DC.
Savannah’s mom looked even more impressed. “Wow, I’m proud of you. What do you play?”
“I’m the guitarist.”
“Anyways,” Savannah said, regaining her mom’s attention. “Well, mom. Tony has invited me to come with him on the bus for a couple of days while they finish this tour.”
“What do you mean?”
“Like…I’d be basically spending the night on the bus. Only for a week…”
Her mom’s eyebrows went sky-high. “Excuse me?”
Savannah’s hopes were crushed. That was an automatic no.
“Well, see. There’s going to be other girls there. The singer, Vic, his girlfriend will be sleeping on the bus, too. And half our roadies are girls, and they sometimes sleep on the bus too. So, it won’t be just boys.” Tony rescued the situation.
“I don’t know…”
“Please, mom? This is my favorite band.”
Savannah’s mom looked at her. “Wait, your favorite band? Pierce the Veil?”
Savannah nodded.
Her mom sighed, deciding. “I’ll think about it…”
“Well, it’ll have to be today because the bus is going to leave soon…” Tony said.
“What? You mean you won’t be here for the rest of Christmas?” Savannah’s mother said, frowning.
“Well, later. When everyone leaves. Please? Please? I’ll call you every hour,” Savannah got to her knees, begging her mom. “I’ll text you every minute. I’ll do anything, please?!”
Her mom looked amused. “Welll…”
“Yes?” Savannah asked.
Her mom hesitated, and then said. “Yes.”
Savannah cheered and hugged her mom. “Oh, thank you thank you thank you thank you!”
♠ ♠ ♠
As you can see, I update a lot. :)
Feedback and criticism are welcomed and encouraged! :D ♥