Past The Sun

Chapter One

“What do you think they are talking about?” whispered Clark. We were scrubbing a blood stain outside the office doors of our boss Seth’s house. Cleaning blood up in his house was something we did at least once a week.

“Shh!” I harshly whispered back, “you know they have good ears.” Our eyes met as I scolded him. A member of Seth’s security team raised an eyebrow at us as he walked past the thick wooden door and continued down the long hallway.

The house I am forced to clean is- well it’s different. It’s very dark, you hardly ever see the sunlight peek through. The carpet was thick and had this old fashioned designed, which followed the rest of the house. The walls were an eggshell color that went with the crimson red curtains that flowed all the way down to the carpet.

Clark and I both stayed quite, though I knew he was trying like hell to listen to the conversation on the other side of the door. Just as we finished cleaning the blood, the office doors opened and out walked a lady with a deep purple dress that went well with her black hair and pale skin. She closed her eyes for a moment before speaking.

“You missed a spot,” she said giving an evil smirk before using her high heeled shoe to shove my bucket so the water and blood spilled back onto the carpet.

Satisfied with her work she smiled and continued walking down the hall until I heard her shoes click clack down the steps where her people were waiting for her.

Sighing I ran a hand through my blond, almost white hair before starting to clean once again.

“Emma,” called Seth. Instantly I stood up tall and ready to take orders. You do not dare disrespect Seth.

“You need to start cleaning the dining room, I have company coming over later.”

I nodded before grabbing my rag and bucket. I then looked to see he had started walking down the hall.

“What about me?” called Clark. I winced as I knew what his fate would be if he kept doing things like this. Mainly speaking. Around here you do not speak unless spoken to.

“You?” questioned Seth turning around to look at him. He only gave a solid, sadistic laugh before continuing back down the hall and down the steps.

I stayed close behind him, breathing quietly so I would not irritate him. Granted his ice brown eyes are enough to scare you. He stands at about 6’2 with brawny shoulders and his white shirt helps his muscles look even bigger. His dark brown hair is always slicked back and he barley ever touches a razor, seeing as he always has 5 o’clock shadow.

He did not speak to me as we walked into the dining room, in there was a revolving door that led into the kitchen. Once there he stopped to talk to a security member and I continued my way into the mudroom to clean out my bucket and get different cleaning supplies for the room.

I walked back through the kitchen and Seth was gone, his employee Roy was there, texting away and laughing at his cell phone.

“Hows it going there blondie?” he asked before smacking my ass as I walked past him. Ignoring him I continued to walk into the dining room and start cleaning. Roy followed me in there and watched me as I cleaned. I continued to ignore him.

There is only one way out of this place and I don’t want to find it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't written a story in over a year, hopefully this original story turns out good. Please comment I would love feedback. Good or bad.