Love is Blind

Audrey Calvin

The cold wind whipped against my face, as I made my way down one of New York City’s busiest streets. I was determined to get to my mother and I’s apartment before she did, and as it was nearing 2am, that time was getting closer. She would be getting home late, and so would I, but neither of us cared.

Sliding my card through the slot next to the door, my building’s large glass doors opened wide, allowing me to enter. As they opened, the heated air from inside blew against my face and sent a chill down my body. It was one of the best feelings in the world.

From behind the large, circle desk, Renee smiled at me, welcoming me back to the building. She hated the night shift, and I knew that, so I flashed her an extra-large smile.

My finger pressed against the up arrow, calling the elevator to pick me up. It always took a few moments to arrive at the lobby floor, so I used the time to check my Twitter feed.

The door dinged in front of me, as the metal slid apart. Just as I stepped in, a boy raced into the building, calling to me to hold the elevator. I debated shutting it, but didn’t want to leave Renee trapped with the boy while he waited for the next elevator to arrive.

Sticking my hand out, I stopped the elevator door from shutting. The boy thanked me with a smile, his feathery hair whipping behind him.

I hadn’t seen him before, which came as a surprise to me. I knew nearly everyone my age in the building, especially the ones who were handsome.

Eyeing him up and down, I took in his straight leg pants and black pea coat. He looked well put together, and I liked that. I would have to make it a point to get to know this boy.

“Cold out there, isn’t it?” he said, shaking his head as a chill passed through his body.

I laughed. “That’s New York City for ya. Some of the coldest winters around.”

The boy smiled, as he bit his lip. “I like it. It reminds me off home.”

Based on his accent, I knew his home wasn’t anywhere around here. Somewhere over the pond, one of the English speaking countries, but I didn’t know which.

“Where’s that?” I asked, as the elevator began heading up. “England.”

The boy nodded, as he folded his arms across his chest. “You’ve got a good ear.”

It was really a stab in the dark, but he didn’t need to know that. It was his first compliment to me, though it was a simple one. That didn’t matter though; that was always how it began. From there, I could have him up in my bedroom before the elevator reached his floor.

“Thank you,” I said, smiling at him. “I don’t think I’ve seen you around.”

Nodding his head, he shoved his hands into his pockets. “I just moved here. I’ll only be around for about a month.”

“Better make it a good month then.” I flashed him the largest grin I could manage, and I knew immediately that I had him hooked.

His eyes locked mine, as his lips turned up to a smirk. I chewed my lip in response.

The bell dinged signaling we had reached his floor. He took a few steps forward, moving slowly out of the elevator. Before he could land in the hallway, I reached for his arm, turning him around to face me.

His lip trembled, as he spoke without thought. “My place?”

I nodded.

At that moment, we had an unspoken agreement. I would go back to his place and we would do whatever our bodies desired.

All we wanted was a little fun and nothing more.

With his hand wrapped around mine, he led me down the hall to a room on the end. His key pressed into the door. The knob turned slowly. The door was wide open and we were through it in moments.

Before I even had a moment to look around, his lips pressed against mine with a force so great it nearly knocked me off my feet. The way his soft lips felt against mine sent a chill through my body.

His hands wrapping around my waist pulled me against his body. I could feel every muscle beneath his clothes and I couldn’t wait to see them.

Those rough hands then snaked down to my legs, lifting me into the air. With our lips still locked together, he carried me through the large apartment to a room in the back.

My back met the soft silk sheets of his bed, as they wrinkled beneath me. He was on top of me in seconds, as his lips meeting my ears in several soft pulls. My eyes fluttered shut with each warm touch of his fingers.

When they opened again, I was met with the bright pink of the sheets flung over our bodies. The same sheets I’d had in my room just a few years before.

“Girlfiend?” I asked, referring to the sheets.

“Ex.”

I nodded. Nothing more needed to be said.

While his hands moved over every inch of my body, my head fell back to the pillow. His fingers pressed against the small of my back, causing the skin to tingle. Every sensation sent my body racing, and I knew the whole adventure would be worth it.

Our romp in the sheets would lead to an awkward goodbye in the middle of the night, along with stumbling to gather clothes, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Maddi here(: I will be writing for Audrey!
Things got hot and heavy with Audrey and Louis! I hope everyone is enjoying this so far!