Love is Blind

Olivia Lucas

With my recorder in hand, I flashed my press pass to one of the many security guards on duty. I was still shocked that Kathleen had given me another important project, but her pleasure with my double interviews with Harlow Davis and One Direction gave her a new found confidence in me.

I had hoped she would realize I could handle some bigger projects, and based on the fact that she had assigned me to cover a red carpet event, it appeared that she agreed.

Some of the more experienced members of the press were scattered around the red carpet, as they waited for the celebrities to arrive. It wasn’t often there was a move premiere in New York City, so I had the upper hand of being familiar with the cold weather, while many of the other news staff had flown in from California and hadn’t become used to it yet.

I slid past a few of the press members, going unnoticed by their shaking forms. They didn’t seem to care about the young girl in the pea coat, and I didn’t mind. It only made it easier to get to the front.
Directly in front of me was the red carpet, where the celebrities would be walking just a few moments.

When the first limousine pulled up and its large doors open, the paparazzi immediately perked up their chilled ears. They were subtly pushing and shoving behind me, in their attempts to get to the front while still looking professional.

Emma Stone walked out onto the red carpet, followed by various other celebrities I recognized. Kathleen had told me to snag a quick interview with anyone I could. At red carpet events, anything I could get would be good enough. She wasn’t expecting much.

As my eyes darted around the red carpet, eyeing the beautiful gowns of some of Hollywood’s hottest celebrities, they fell upon a group of boys who I immediately recognized.

The five of them stood in nearly identical suits, as they smiled at the cameras. Flashes blew into their eyes over and over, but they didn’t seem to mind.

Biting my lip, I watched as they made their way down the line. When they were in front of me, a few feet away, my eyes locked with Liam’s and he shot me a soft grin. He moved away from the boys, taking a few steps forward, until he was within talking distance of me.

“Olivia,” he said, shoving his hands in his pockets. “How are you?”

I still hadn’t become used to talking to celebrities. After all, this was only my third time, unless you count Charlie Sheen, which I don’t. My palms grew sweaty immediately, but I forced words to fall from my lips.

“Liam,” I said, my face forming a natural smile. “How’s the hand?”

He laughed immediately, remembering he’d told me about his secret kissing sessions when he was a boy.

“You always gonna hold that over my head?”

I nodded my head quickly, as if I’d flirted with celebrities a thousand times before. I couldn’t believe how naturally my body responded to every move he made. Every word he said, I had an immediate one back, and I was thankful for that.

Liam laughed again. “I suppose I need one of your secrets, then. That way I have some blackmail for you.”

Behind Liam, Harry called his name, signaling that it was time for them to move forward. I bit my lip, moving my gaze from the curly haired boy to Liam. He smiled at him, nodding his head in my direction.

“Just tweet me, yeah?”

Nodding my head, I smiled back at him, as he turned to walk back to the boys. They kept walking along the red carpet, along with the other celebrities.

I knew by the way the people were moving it was going to be near impossible to get in an interview, and Kathleen would be right.

The night wouldn’t be a total waste, though. Even though I hadn’t learned any gossip to use for the magazine, I had learned something better.

I had learned that Liam Payne knew my name.
♠ ♠ ♠
If I could tweet Liam Payne I would be sooo happy.
I hope everyone is enjoying this so far and I can't wait for what's to come(: