Status: Active

Lovers in Tokyo

One Day

They did end up somewhere close to the center of Tokyo. The shopping center was packed. He felt a shiver go down his spine when he saw her eyes lighting up. Her eyes weren’t on the shopping center, though. She smiled softly and walked through the agglomeration. He got curious where she was heading to.

The place she wanted to go to was a few streets down, in an emptier and more silent neighborhood. His eyes trailed over every block on the street. The people didn’t give him a second glance; they were completely uninterested.

“This place is creepy”

The girl laughed and shook her head. She chose to wait up for him since the shop wasn’t far.

“This is actually one of the nicest places I’ve ever been to. Some of my friends live around here.”

“It’s too silent. It feels like we’re not in Tokyo anymore” She chuckled and placed her hands into the pockets of her thin sweater.

“It’s here”

They stopped in front of a small coffee shop. It looked a bit suspicious. The building looked very old. His eyes widened after he entered the building. It was amazingly done inside. It smelled of freshly made coffee and wood. There was a small portion where the bar was. On the other side were a few tables. There were pictures of old Japanese and Western indie bands and different pieces of art.
She walked further into the building and opened another door. Nao was amazed. The second room looked like a traditional English living room. It had posters with different English personalities and characters. One wall was occupied by a library. Its shelves were full of diverse literature; the rest of the walls were covered with different art objects brought by customers. There were a few cushions and three small coffee tables on each side.

“It’s nice, huh?”

She sat on one of the cushions and sighed happily. He walked towards the library and scanned the titles and authors.

“This is the first place I came across when I first came to Tokyo. I was intrigued why they used Europe as a muse” Her eyes traveled to the pictures on the walls. “They said it was because of music and the impact European literature and art had on the world”

Her eyes moved on the new acquaintance. He was dressed in a pair of black pants, had a white shirt and a colorful cardigan over it. He looked entranced. She smiled contently.

“This place. How did I miss it?” She laughed and walked closer to him. She touched one book and grabbed it out.

“Sometimes we choose to ignore the things that look different. This building looks awful outside bu it leaves you speechless once you enter” He looked deep in thought.

When he heard the door open and close, he realized she walked out. He sighed and took another look at his surroundings. The room was beige. Everything was very simple but classy and tasteful.

“Are you still admiring the room?” He got completely stunned when she walked back in with two recipients in her hands. She placed the cups down on the table and took her seat. He sat on the other cushion and relaxed.

“How come I feel like is winter instead of summer?” He asked bemusedly. She chuckled and took a sip from her beverage.

“Because it gives off a comforting feeling; homey even” She sighed and glanced at him. He was staring questionably at his cup. “It’s not hot coffee”

His smile disappeared completely and he stared intently at her.

“What´s your name?” She bit her lip and clicked her tongue.

“You can call me Nana” He nodded, though he wasn’t sure why she didn’t tell him her real name. “I’m in my last year of University. I study Business and Management” He was taken aback by her behavior. She became very talkative once they entered the coffee shop.

“I’m a freelancer” They looked into each others’ eyes yet none spoke another word. It didn’t feel awkward. It felt normal, intense even. However, they both felt it.

I knew that was the first and last time we would ever meet. I could feel it in my heart and I was sure he did too. Back then, looking into his eyes made me want to learn more about him and his life.
I didn’t ask much and didn’t tell much either. We started to talk about usual subjects like books and music. But it was obvious he was trying hard not to ask me about different things; to ask me about what we have talked about when we just met.

About life, happiness and dreams

But he didn’t because he knew there was no continuation to our story

One day. It was just one day and one meeting