I'll be there.

happy memories

Her fingers fiddled with the buttons on her white silk blouse. Once she was all buttoned up, she smoothed out any wrinkles that had embedded themselves into the shirt. She had spent last night ironing her items of clothing she planned to wear today though she still wasn't exactly happy with them. Everything had to be perfect, down to the last minor detail. Jimmy deserved that.

It was the third year she had went through this routine. Tossing and turning the entire night thinking about him only to crawl out of bed early the next morning and prepare herself for the long day ahead.
Everyone said it would get easier. It hadn't.

The first year it was expected to be a complete and utter mess. The second year it was alright to still be devastated by it all but by the third year, nothing had changed. She still cried her eyes out, begged for some sort of God to bring him back to her. She only needed one last moment with him. That's all she wanted, that's all she needed.

An unexpected knock on the bathroom door caused her to drop the brush in her hands. She was in her own little world, a world in which Jimmy was still alive. Running around giving people hell.

"Hey babe, can I come in?"

She turned seeing Brians head peeking inside the door, his hair limp and his eyes heavy with dark bags.
She nodded her head before turning back to the mirror to finish up with her makeup. She didn't notice Brians chocolate eyes watching her as she moved almost lifelessly, as if she was on auto-run.

She tensed at the feeling of his large tattoed arms wrapping around her waist before she relaxed. His chin rested softly on her shoulder, her eyes meeting his in the mirror.

They stood like that for several minutes, swaying from side to side slightly as he hummed a tune. It took her several moments before she recognised what song it was.

"Just call my name and I'll be there.
And oh, I'll be there to comfort you.
Build my world of dreams around you, I'm so glad that I found you.
" He sang ever so softly, his voice only just heard by her due to the closeness of his mouth to her ear. His voice and his breath against her skin causing goosebumps to rise on her skin.

Her chest was heaving as she tried desperately to contain the tears that were begging to release themselves down her cheeks. She put her arms on top of Brians, her hands gripping his.

Jimmy wasn't the only person she needed. The other person being the one standing behind her, holding her in a selfless act. He was her rock. Her heart tightened at the thought. She knew how tough this day was for her, yet it probably didn't even come close to how Brian was feeling and yet still he was comforting her.

"I love you." She whispered. Her eyes staring at his face in the mirror as she stroked his tattooed hand.
He smiled gently. He may have had thin lips, but to Julia he had the most beautiful smile she had ever seen. No matter how she was feeling, that smile seemed to brighten everything up.

"I love you too."

They eventually parted, knowing they had to get ready quick otherwise they'd be late to meet up with the rest of the guys.

Their hands were locked the entire journey. They weren't saying much, but somehow the small romantic gesture was keeping the two of them connected in a way that spoke much louder than any words could.

Soon enough they came into view of the small group. She took several breaths as she looked around the almost empty grave yard. She had been here several times before but it always felt slightly wrong. Speaking to a lump of stone buried into the ground was nothing like speaking to Jimmy. He was full of life, full of energy and love. His clothing may have never been bright, but his presense always was.

Soft sympathetic smiles were shared as they made their way towards the group. The usual close group of friends stood with their other halves aswell as Jimmys close family.

She wiped her tears away furiously, feeling like an idiot for crying when Jimmys mother was managing to keep herself composed.

"How are you, dear?" She asked Julia.

"I'm fine." She smiled. "You?"

"I'm as good as I can be." She replied, her tone very soft.

Julia could only nod, unsure of what else to say to the woman who had had to bury her own son. Her eyes looked down at her hand that was still locked with her lover. He was conversing with Jimmys father. They had always gotten along so well, just like Brian and Jimmy though nobodys relationship could ever really compare to those twos.

She kept her gaze directed to the ground as the others spoke. She couldn't look at Jimmys father, not without seeing Jimmys face. She wanted to, the voice inside of her head telling her she so desperatly wanted to, just to be able to see a small glimpse of Jimmy but she couldn't be so selfish as to make the man feel uncomfortable.

"Hey Jules." Matt said, causing her to lift her gaze from the ground to meet with his sunglass covered eyes.

"Hi Matt."

She was taken slightly by surprise when Matt threw his arms around her shoulders and pulled her tightly against his chest. Her eyes were wide as she glanced at Brian who also looked slightly taken back by his friends actions.

Julia quickly adjusted and wrapped her arms tightly around Matts waist holding him tightly. He may have looked largely intimidating but he had a warm heart, a very big one.

"Sorry." He apologised as he pulled away from her. He wasn't looking at her, his chin up and staring straight ahead - above her head. "I just needed that."

"You don't ever have to apologise for that."

He sent her a quick smile and a squeeze of the shoulder before he headed in the other direction. Her eyes followed him for a moment before a broad chest blocked her view.

"What was that all about?" Brian asked, concern evident in his voice.

"Just needed a hug, that's all."

"Everyone needs a hug from Jewel now and then." Zack added, flashing a bright smile in her direction.

"Hey, hands off Baker." Brian joked, jabbing his finger into the shorter mans shoulder.

The pair continued to jokingly bicker as they all took the tortorous walk to Jimmys grave. Matt had returned, his glasses still firmly placed infront of his eyes. Julia turned to him, noticing that he was the only one who didn't have someone to console him after the recent break-up with his longtime girlfriend. Her free hand reached out towards him, her fingers brushing against his silently asking if he wanted some comforting. He looked down at her as he opened up his large hand and allowed her much smaller one to slip in his. She could vaguely see behind the blacked out glass in his aviators. Beneath his eyes were wet droplets but she wasn't going to call him out on it.

She stood, with her hands being held tightly by two of her bestest friends as she listened to a memory Zack was sharing of Jimmy when they were kids. She remembered being there at the time. Matt had been pulled into the principals office, having been accused of messing with the principals car yet again. Jimmy had been fighting with one of the women who worked at the school trying to persuade her to let him in the office to be Matts 'attorney'. She chuckled as Zack recieted the words Jimmy had spoken.

"He has the right to an attorney! He can't afford shit so I have been assigned to him!"

She felt Brian chuckling against her when he pulled her tight against his side, kissing her head now and then. Her head turned when she felt the loss of contact with Matt. He had walked off again.
"Bri." She whispered, not wanting to interupt the others.

He looked down at her, frowning when he saw the tear stains on her cheeks. "Yeah, babe?"

She nodded her head towards Matts retreating form. Brian tugged on her hand slightly, pulling her in his direction.

"Lets go see him."

They didn't call after him as they followed after him. It was possible that he just needed a few minutes alone but they wanted to check anyway.

When they finally caught up with him they found him sitting against a tree with his knees tucked up to his chest. It was strange to see such a large man pulled into such a small position.

"Matt?" Julia said quietly, trying to gain his attention.

He looked up, his chin resting ontop of his pulled up knees. He looked so lost.

"What's up, buddy?" Brian questioned as he crouched down to Matt.

"I miss him, dude." Matt mumbled. "I still miss him so fucking much."

Julia had to look away. She couldn't bare to see Matt in such a state.

"I know, Matt. It's tough but we've got each other."

Matt nodded slightly knowing that what Brian was saying was true. Their group was very close knit. He looked as if he was thinking for a moment before a large dimpled grin broke out on his face. "Jimmy would have loved to see you two together."

Brian looked up to Julia, smiling at her lovingly. "I know."

"He always said you two would get together." He added. "Even when we were kids, I remember him trying to get me to bet one of my Pantera shirts that you two would get together. I don't think you guys even knew each other that well at that point." He chuckled.

Brian and Julia also laughed. It was quite spooky how right Jimmy always was about things. For years he had hinted to the two friends that they needed to get together however it wasn't until Jimmys death that they finally did. Both of them had seeked comfort from each other, only to realise what they had been missing the whole time.

"He bothered me for years about it. Whenever I'd split up with a girl he'd be all 'You should just get with Jewel then you wouldn't have to go through all of this bull shit'. I wish I would have listened to him."

Julia rested her hand on Brians shoulder. "I think we all do."

"What ya guys doing?" Came Johnnys voice from behind them. They turned to see Zack and the Berry brothers had also joined them.

"Where are the girls?" Julia asked.

"In the car, they wanted to give us some time." Zack answered.

She nodded before ushering the other men over to the little circle they had formed. It made her laugh, watching the men try to sit down with their suits on.

They sat for hours, just chatting and speaking about memories they had with Jimmy. No memory they spoke of was ever repeated. There were so many good ones that they didn't have to. No memory with Jimmy was better than another. Each and everyone was special to each of them.

They had laughed and cried but it was time to look forward, that was what Jimmy would have wanted.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little on the short side and doesn't really have much of a storyline but I just wanted to post this.

It's been three years tomorow and this is just a little something I wanted to do in Jimmys memory. I hope everyone has a nice day tomorow despite it being the anniversary of such a special persons death.