Status: One Shot For Katie!

All I Want For Christmas

This Is All I'm Asking For

Katie smiled at her family as they gathered by the Christmas tree. It was a tradition to decorate it the day before Christmas Eve. Her mother organized the ornaments and her siblings helped put them up. Her younger sister giggled as her father picked her up to place a small ornament on the tree. Katie sat on the beige living room couch, watching her family socialize. She looked like a happy girl, but there was something on her mind and it wouldn't go away.

Her younger sister jumped on top of her, smiling, “come help us, sis,” she showed her missing tooth.

“I will,” Katie patted her sisters head, “maybe later Mel.”

Mel, Katie’s sister pouted but left her alone. Katie only wanted one thing for Christmas and he was thousands of miles away. She could still remember when they first met. It was last Christmas when they met. She just wished he was with her to celebrate her favorite holiday.


“Oh Shit,” Katie was caught off guard, “are you quite alright?”

Katie stared at the boy that interrupted her mission. She was about to sneak into the back door when someone swung it open in her face.

“Bloody hell,” she faked a British accent.

“I’m sorry, love,” his curly brown hair blew back as he rushed to her side, “I didn’t know someone was by the door.”

Katie groaned in pain as she clutched her nose. Blood spewed out like a faucet. Her vision wasn't all there either, but she found the boy’s voice familiar. She blinked a few times before taking notice to the green eyes on her.

“Holy shit,” her American accent returned.

He looked at her strangely, “you’re American?”

She nodded and crawled backwards with one arm. Her voice escaped her and she couldn’t come up with anything to say. She just whimpered away from the boy she knew.

“What’s your name?” came tried to calm Katie down.

“Ka-Katie,” she whispered.

“Katie,” he smiled showing off his dimples, “I’m Harry.”

She nodded, “I know.”

“So, you know me,” his smiled widened cheekily.

“Yes,” she sprung up from the cold alleyway ground. Brushing herself off she continued, “don’t get cocky with me Styles.”

She didn’t know where her attitude came from. She adored the boy standing before her. Even if his cheeks grew red in the winter air. His hands were shoved inside his pant pockets and she stood his ground. She folded her arms across her chest.

“So, Katie,” he took a step forward, “what brings you here?”

“I here on vacation,” she rolled her eyes, taking a step back.

“You’re a fan, eh?”

“No,” she snorted, “I was just on a walk and I saw the back door and thought I’d make an appearance.”

“Or to sneak in,” he shrugged his shoulders playfully.

She laughed inwardly, “maybe, maybe not,” she rolled her shoulders for warmth.

“Come on Katie,” Harry groaned, “can you stop backing away?”

“No,” she shook her head in emphasis.

“Why?”

“Because if I’m too close to you, I may not recover.”

“Recover from what?” he took another step closer to Katie.

“From a heart attack,” her eyes grew wide when his strides grew longer.

Katie tried to escape the curly haired boy, but his arms caught her. He turned her around from a sprint. Her eyes were a bright blue. Her curly blond hair blew in the cold wind. Her cheeks were flushed and the tip of her nose was painted red from the frigged breeze. Her eye lids fluttered in shock.

“Would you like to meet the band?” his voice was deep and raspy.

Katie’s heart flipped in her chest. Her arms flapped down by her sides as she looked at the famous boy. Her head nodded once and she was led into the building.

Katie didn’t know what had just happened. A warm breeze blew on her face when she entered the concert venue. Instead of the bitter cold surrounding her, the heat caressed her cold body. She began to ease up. She was more in control of herself.

She eyed the boy that held her hand. She widened her eyes as she noticed it was Harry Styles of One Direction.

“Lads,” his voice echoed.

“Harry,” she cocked her head to the voice, “where have you been?”

“Louis,” Harry’s cheeks flooded with color, “this is Katie. She’s quite sassy. She may out sas you, too.”

“I don’t think that’s really possible,” I retorted.

“Well,” Louis folded his arms and snorted, “I don’t think I’m that much of a diva.”

“Okay, then,” I laughed.

“Harry,” an Irish brogue called, “Zayn won’t leave me alone.”

“Shut it Niall,” Zayn came into the room.

“Who’s that?” Niall and Zayn spoke at the same time.

“This is Katie,” he introduced Katie to everyone.

“Well,” Liam sat up, “why is she here?”

“Because she’s a fan and I found her in the back alley way. I though I’d bring her in,” Harry sat next to Liam on a black couch.

“Hi,” I waved at them.

“Harry you really need to stop bringing in strays,” Zayn chuckled at his friend.

“I thought it would be good karma,” Harry shrugged.

Katie eyed each boy one by one. She sized them up. Her head was in a frenzy and she didn’t know what to do with herself. She just watched the boys argue amongst themselves.

“It’s almost Christmas.” Harry challenged.

“So,” Niall shook his head, “that doesn't mean you could just bring in every girl you see on the street.”

“Can I just-” once Katie piped up all the boys snapped their heads to her, “Oh, okay, um,” she stammered, “I can, um, just leave,” she backed up.

“Don’t be silly,” Harry grabbed her hand quickly, “you stay and enjoy the concert.”

“If you’ll excuse me,” she ran to the nearest restroom.

How could Katie be so lucky to run into Harry? She was in London for just a week and not to mention she had only two days left of her trip. She was never this lucky in her entire life! Her eyes found a mirror and stared at herself. Her cheeks had a natural blush to them. She didn’t wear any makeup and had little care for her attire. She looked like an average girl. She just sighed and left the bathroom once she felt better.

“How could you say that,” Katie stopped behind a wall, “you've just met her,” it was Liam.

“Look, mate,” Harry’s voice sounded deeper, “it’s like I wanted this. I just like her. Like love at first sight, you know?”

“Harry,” Louis sighed, “she’s fit, but get to know her before you plan your marriage.”

“I figured as much Lou,” Harry snorted.


Katie sighed as she remembered the first time she met him. He was just a hopeless romantic, like herself. She believe in love at first sight. Returning home and being away from Harry was hard. Keeping in contact with Harry was difficult for Katie, too. He was barely available and when he was, she wasn't.

Just then her phone rang. Noticing the number, her face lit up. She answered quickly, rushing into an empty room.

“Harry,” her voice cracked.

“Hey, love,” he smiled, “how are you?”

“I’m okay,” she sighed, “I just miss you.”

“I miss you, too,” he blew out a breath, “but,” he paused, “I have a surprise for you. You’ll have to go outside. I got you something.”

“Harry,” Katie grumbled, “you know I didn’t want anything.”

“I know, but you’ll like this!”

Katie obliged by his demands. When she got to her living room, her parents asked her who it was. She didn’t answer and just went outside.

“Alright, Harry,” she placed her hand on her hip, “I’m outside.”

Suddenly lights were lit up and she was graced with Christmas music. All I want for Christmas Is You was the song that was playing. It wasn't just the song that made Katie cry, but the voice that sang it. Harry rounded the corner of her block, the rest of his band following suit.

“…’Cause I just want you here tonight. Holding on to me so tight. What more can I say? All I want for Christmas you. You, baby…” his voice echoed through the entire block.

Katie waited until the song ended, until she ran over to her boyfriend. Harry wrapped her arms around the petite girl. Katie let the tears come out and Harry brushed them away, using his thumb.

“I love you, Katie,” Harry whispered in her ear.

She pulled back to look at him. He had yet to say those words to her. She was in shock to say the least.

“Merry Christmas,” Harry smiled at his girlfriend.

“I-,” her vision blurred in tears, “I love you, too, Harry!” she jumped on Harry, "Merry Christmas," her voice soft.

Harry wrapped his arms under her and brought her lips to his. Katie and Harry were finally together after an entire year of not physically touching. It was the only thing Katie wanted and she got her Christmas gift early.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is for Miss Katie! I'm sorry it's not that great, but I hope you at least enjoyed it.
I didn't know how the whole meeting should have gone down, but yeah! :D

X Dani