Status: Ongoing :D

One Story, Four Lives, and the Thing that Changed Them All

What Happened Last Night?

I like talking about Vinny so let's do that again.

When Vinny was a freshman, he was playing football and he hit his shoulder funky. He ended up having to have surgery on it and couldn't play for a year. It really messed him up, physically and emotionally. His parents were on him constantly about playing and his grades, which suffered after his injury.

It got worse when they took him off his pain meds after his surgery, and by they I mean his parents. They basically told him to deal with the pain until his grades came up. He got angry and bitter, understandably. I don't know if the pain became too much and their parental instincts kicked in to protect their son, or if the doctor told them he had to take them or what, but whatever it was, those meds brought back the Vinny we all knew before his injury. I think it was a relief to everyone.

His grades went back up, he was able to play football again, everything was good. For a while.

I think it was when his doctor took him off the meds again, but the timing doesn't make any sense. It was when he broke up with Amelia, right before and for a while after. Like a long time after he got hurt, right? Well he started acting like he did when his parents took him off. I don't know if it was because of the breakup, or if it was because of the meds, but like I said the timing makes no sense. It was practically years after he got hurt and I'm pretty sure that with that hardcore of a pain med, they would try and get him off ASAP. Right?

Oh well, that's not my tale to tell. Vinny's back to normal now anyway.


I woke up twice the morning after. The first time I was cold and there was something stabbing me in the ribcage, so I rolled closer to the soft warm log next to me. The log groaned but I didn't think much of it because honestly I was invading on this log's space and so it had the right to be a little upset with me.

The second time I woke up, my head felt like it was sitting under a bunch of bricks and I couldn't open my eyes. When I finally did, I came face to face with a nipple. That nipple was attached to a very impressive naked man chest, which was part of a torso that was connected to a fully naked body. Further inspection in a downward direction revealed that I myself was naked. Did I mention we were naked? Cause we were.

I looked up and realized that this body was attached to Vinny's face. Honestly I'm glad that I woke up next to Vinny rather than Russ or something, but I still didn't like the fact that I was naked with a man. It was not where I was hoping the night to go.

I looked around and realized that I was in the middle of a forest. Like there were trees and shit all over the place and the thing that had been stabbing me was a rock. To this day I have a deep seated hatred for rocks. Anywho, I sat up and tried to preserve what was left of my innocence-- which I knew had been seriously minimized due to the nakedness of me and Vinny-- by covering myself up. Except my head hurt so damn bad that I automatically removed the hand shielding my chest and pressed it against my forehead. Vinny groaned and I knew that he was either waking up or had already woken up, so I released my head and returned my hand to try and protect what little dignity one can have sitting naked in a forest with no clue how she got there.

And then it dawned on me that I truly did have no clue how I got there. I tried to think back, but the very last thing I remembered was waking up Saturday morning. Me and Amelia had stayed up late on Friday night accessing all social media sites to try and draw a huge crowd to Aiden's bonfire party, we fell asleep in the living room, Frederick woke us up and sent us to our rooms, and then I woke up and then everything beyond that was a blank.

I shivered because I was naked and outside in mid-October. I looked around, deciding that my clothes had to be somewhere near but I didn't see them. Vinny's hoodie was bunched up on the other side of him, and I hoped that we had at least had the decency to put that down before we did what it was becoming more and more obvious we had done. Half of it was still stuck under Vinny, so I congratulated myself on maintaining an ounce of class, before tugging it out from under him.

I pulled it over my head and stood up to go look for our clothes, which made a trail back to The Cove. Even though I didn't remember how we had all ended up there, it made sense because it was walking distance from where we were supposed to hold the party.

It looked like the aftermath of a battle. People were sprawled out all around the campfire, bags of marshmallows and drink cups were spilled, and one of the sitting logs had been rolled half into the pond. It was a mess. I decided not to mess with it until later since no one was in truly compromising positions, as I had been with Vinny.

I turned around and gathered mine and Vinny's clothes, then I got dressed and left him to wonder why he was naked in the forest as I had. I was still mad at Vinny. I had tried to explain to him that I'm kinda fragile. I have so much shit to worry about even without him practically throwing himself at me every chance he gets. I like the guy, but seriously. That's why I was in such a shitty place leading up to this party, and I guess waking up next to him made me a bit more bitter, and a bit more eager to spread the misery as far as it would go.

I walked back to the bonfire and, apart from Tom and hundreds of red Solo cups, it was deserted. He was sitting on the ground with his legs crossed rolling a joint on one of his knees, with what looked like a gas station burrito on the other. I sat down across from him as he licked the paper to seal his joint, and flashed me a lazy smile. He reached out and pulled a pine needle and some bark from my hair.

I'm not generally fond of drug addicts, but there was something about Tom that I liked. Maybe it was that he was comfortable and easy to be around, maybe it was that he didn't act like an addict, or maybe it was something else. Whatever it was, I was cooler with him than I was with anyone else who did drugs, which BTDubs is more people than you would expect.

He raised the joint to his lips, lit it with a smouldering stick from the bonfire and inhaled deeply. He held it for a second before releasing the smoke with a slow, easy breath. He coughed once, then offered it to me. I shook my head and he took another drag, this time blowing smoke rings when he released it.

¨Were you here last night?" I asked. He nodded, taking a bite of his burrito. The smell made me want to hurl, but I held my composure very well I felt. ¨Do you remember what happened? I can't remember any of it.¨

He nodded again and then realized that I might want a verbal reply, so he swallowed and cleared his throat. ¨Uhm, there was music and stuff. That guy, Colin or whatever, made Amelia sing a song and then you all kinda cleared out. I found you guys in The Cove. You were mad a Vinny about something and then one of the other guys from that band offered you all drinks. I left cause I was pretty baked already and sometimes you just gotta roll with the stone, ya know? Can't harsh it with alcohol. I fell asleep in the bed of Vinny's truck.¨

I thought about it for a while as he smoked some more and demolished his burrito. ¨Is that it?¨ I asked. ¨You didn't see me and Vinny going anywhere?¨

Tom thought about it, lips pouted, then shook his head. He pulled a second burrito out of his pocket and devoured it in two bites. He stood up. ¨I'm out of burritos. I'm gonna go get more. You want anything?¨

I shook my head and he got in the front seat of Vinny's car and drove away. I stood there kinda stunned for a second because one, I had no clue that Tom could drive-- at least not legally-- and two I knew for a fact that Vinny's keys were in his jeans pocket all of ten minutes ago. I shrugged it off and went back to The Cove.

I surveyed the unconscious bodies and decided to wake up Spencer and whoever he was asleep under first.

I pride myself in having a high functioning gaydar, and let me tell you Spencer was on it. I love him to tiny itty bitty bits and pieces, but there was something about him. Like, I could just tell that he was a little bit on the fiery side. However, I was also sensitive to the fact that I might be wrong. But then if I wasn't, that meant that he was in the closet and that it would probably be safer for him if he stayed there for now, so I said nothing about it.

I shook his shoulder and woke him up, which in turn woke up the adorable guy that was practically sprawled over his full body. Brett, the guy sleeping on Spencer, picked up and left as soon as possible, and me and Spencer kinda had a silent pact to not say a word about what had just happened. I went around to each person and shook them, seeing if I could wake them up. Most of them just groaned and nonverbally told me to get the fuck out of their faces.

When I got to Amelia, I had to pause because she was actually in a more compromising position than her brother had been in. I mean, I probably got the award for most compromising, but she might have take second. At least, in my view. Why? She was curled up with Jake.

I was a little bit relieved that Aiden hadn't woken up when I shook him because then he would be sad and then his sad face would be etched into my mind for the rest of forever and I don't like that. Luckily Amelia woke up when I told her to so I could yank her out of that situation as fast as possible. I skipped over Jake cause I didn't want to look at his face.

At the end of it all, I had Amelia, Spencer, Zack, and Freshman awake, the rest of the group still asleep. Poor Freshman, I felt so bad for her. She didn't deserve to have her innocence taken like that, I kept saying to myself. I had to remind myself that I was the only one who most likely had sex last night.

We hung around and talked about what we remembered from the night before and waited for everyone else to wake up; I felt like leaving people unconscious in the middle of the woods was kind of a dick move. Slowly everyone else started waking up, and then Tom appeared with us bearing what he called the perfect hangover cure which was just a bunch of those gross burritos and an ounce of weed. I bailed, saying something about a headache, when I heard someone crashing through the underbrush from the direction I had woken up. I did not feel like facing Vinny.

I went back to my mom's house, which thankfully was empty when I arrived, to regroup and try and piece together a vague outline of what had happened the night before. Little things had started coming back to me after I had talked to Tom. I remembered that me and Vinny hadn't made up Saturday day, even though I had planned on at least making a truce. I remembered Russ and Thor cornering me at the party. I remembered watching Colin's fingers while he played guitar for Amelia and feeling a little jealous. And then that was it.

I combined those memories with what Tom had told me and what the others had shared and I felt like I had an overview of the whole night pretty much figured out, except the part where me and Vinny suck off and fucked on his hoodie. The more I thought about it, the more sure I was that we had had sex, the more disappointed I was in myself, the more I found reasons to be mad at Vinny.

I took some Nyquil and slept for a long time.

I woke up to my mom crashing through the door with what sounded like a herd of elephants and twenty-three messages on my phone. I ignored my phone and went out front to find that the elephants were actually four guys maneuvering a couch into the living room of the apartment. Mom smiled at me and went to stand with me.

¨What do you think?¨ she asked.

¨About the couch? I dunno I guess it's fine.¨ She pursed her lips and looked at me, then went to go flirt with the couch guys. One of them was pretty much literally burning holes through my shirt, so I retreated to my room to acknowledge some of the messages I had received.

Most of them were from Amelia alternately telling me about what she remembered of last night and talking about dinner with the boys (As in Colin and them) which I was obviously supposed to attend. The rest were from Vinny.

-Avery, what happened last night?
-You there?
-Hello??
-Hey, we need to talk about this
-Will you text me back? We need to talk
-Avery I hate where we're at right now. Are you going to dinner at Amelia's? I'll see you there

Well now I don't want to go to Amelia's for dinner
I thought bitterly. I took a shower and then went to Amelia's even though I knew it was way too early for dinner and that there was a good chance that Vinny would be there and then I would have to face him.

So when I got there he was there of course, and so I avoided him at all costs. For once, I truly enjoyed the excessive amounts of doors and hallways in Amelia's hugeass house. And so it was very easy to avoid Vinny and snatch Amelia from sitting awkwardly between Colin and Aiden by the heated indoor pool.

¨So...¨ I started when we were in private.

¨What?¨ Amelia asked, obviously distracted.

¨There's like a 99.5 percent chance I had sex last night and I don't remember it.¨

She looked at me, her eyes huge. ¨What?! Are you okay? Was it consensual? Should I take you to the hospital?¨

¨Well… It was with Vinny, so I don't really know.¨
She scoffed. ¨I'm gonna kill him,¨ she said.

¨Okay well slow your roll there homegirl," I held up a hand. ¨I mean, if I know myself as well as I think I do, I may have been okay with it in my intoxicated state, I think. Or-- I don't know. The thing I can't get my head around is the fact that we've been fighting. Like did we make up and make out and get it on or was it like heat of the moment fighting except more slurring than usual and then in a fit of passionate rage we did the dirty-- like I don't even know I can't remember shit, and no one saw us leave and we were a good five minute walk from the campsite so this had to have been like premeditated or some shit. But then on the other hand what if we were just naked and nothing happened and--¨

¨You were naked in the forest?¨ she interrupted.

I glared at her. ¨Well yeah how else do you think I would come to this conclusion?¨

She shrugged. ¨Well I dunno, I guess you might have felt it down there cause you were a virgin, right?¨

¨Yeah and I did but the whole both of us being naked in the middle of the forest together was a little bit off putting as well.¨

We sat together quietly for a little while and then Frederick texted Amelia that dinner was being served so we went down and joined the festivities. I dived into a seat between Grace and Thor, two people whose conversation I felt would be harmless until I noticed Russ across from me. At least, I conceded, Vinny wasn't around to make me uncomfortable.

Luckily Russ filled the gap nicely. He started out our dinner conversation by telling us about the woman he lost his virginity to, which both grossed me out and made me feel shittier than I already did. By then end of the story I wanted to projectile vomit on him just to get him to shut up. Then he told us about several of his sexual escapades after the loss of his v-card, and then, in graphic detail, he told us about his last sexual partner. I left shortly after, unable to finish my dinner.

School the next day was a welcomed distraction.

***
Avery was avoiding me. Several times I watched her literally hide her face and run into a random room to get away from me, which made me feel like a stalker creep. So I left her alone. She really didn't have to make a break for the seat halfway down the table from me, I was gonna give her her space anyways.

Monday came and I left her alone then, too. I didn't really know how to approach her about what happened. I knew that we were naked in that forest; I had woken up once before and not thought anything of it until it dawned on me later that we were naked. So I let her just be by herself. I took some of my pain meds because I felt my shoulder pain coming on and went to last period.

It took about eight years for that class to end and then the bell rang and it was time for football practice. I changed into my practice uniform and went out, but I felt my shoulder start to hurt again so I went back into the locker room to grab some more pills.

There was only one left in the bottle, and that wasn't enough. I debated going to the nurse, Joan, who would always give me a note to refill my prescription, but I felt the pain coming and I didn't want it. I knew of this kid who was on kinda the same stuff I was because of his knee, so I went to his locker.

It was locked, so I fiddled with the combination a little bit. It didn't work, so I tugged on it and the lock clicked open. I stared at it, surprised. The locker room door was opening and I knew that I was going to lose my chance, so I opened the locker and just took the whole bottle.

Spencer came around the corner at the worst possible time. I was literally holding the bottle in one hand and the locker door with another. We locked eyes and he opened his mouth so say something, but I just shoved the pills in my pocket, slammed the door, and blew past him. I knew he wouldn't say anything about it.

**
My boobs hurt really really bad. I told Amelia this but she kinda just laughed it off. But they hurt. Like they were really sore.

We were out looking for Halloween costumes, the sluttier the better. It was the one time a year where I could dress like a whore and not feel like a whore. We were thrift shopping, looking for a way to make slutty Doctor and slutty TARDIS costumes because we're nerds. How is the Doctor slutty? Well, we had yet to find out. But it would happen because Amelia already had a pretty blue dress that we were going to paint like the TARDIS and you can't just have the TARDIS and not the doctor.

Meanwhile, my boobs hurt. Like they would brush up against something and I was like nooo I already went through puberty I don't need this shit. Like do my boobs honestly have to get any bigger? I was nearing boob-stick status already and it was ridic. No joke.

I had to pee, so I went to the bathroom and by the time I came back, Amelia had found some lady suit pants that we could cut off and make slutty lady suit shorts and that was really the final piece of the puzzle, so I went pee again and we went home.

I dropped Amelia off but whatever Frederick was cooking made me want to vomit, so I went pee and went home. Mom must have gotten new cigarettes or some shit while I was at Amelia's, because they made me want to barf all over her new couch. They smelled like hurl. And then the thought of hurling and things smelling like hurl made me want to hurl more and so then I did hurl. Not on my mom's new couch, but in the plant next to it. Gross.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, so here's QDon'tNo's chapter. Her's is way shorter than mine but it's done quicker. I'm working on my next chapter. It might be awhile again... I have a lot to add in...