Status: Ongoing :D

One Story, Four Lives, and the Thing that Changed Them All

Fearce

When I was five I sneezed really hard and pixie dust shot out of my nose. It was fun. Like waking up on your period for the first time. I was freaking out. I called 911 but the phone died in my hands pretty much as I was dialing. My mom came home, throwing open the door seconds before I sneezed again. Instead of taking me to the hospital, she bitched at me for getting glitter all over the carpet. Because for some reason getting glitter on the floor was so much worse than getting cocaine or heroin on the floor. So I was left to vacuum up the mess, freaking out. That's when I really connected with Amelia. Her and her mom pretty much taught me everything I know about being a pixie.

Amelia's mom died a year after Thea was born, and at the time of all this, Thea was five. So the wound is still pretty fresh with Amelia, especially considering how close they were. Amelia's mom was the one who financed all of Amelia's presents to me. She was also the one who bought me a horse, boarded at some stables nearby, and set up my room at their house. She was a pretty well-known interior designer.

SO when her mom died, I was pretty broken up, too.

Looking back on it, we were never even told how she died. We were never told a lot of things that I know now.

**

"Well Aiden was pretty much a jerk and a half today," Vinny said.

"Yea. Sometimes I hate him. What a douche," I shook my head. "You know what he was doing, right?"

"Trying to get Amelia to realize what's going on here."

"Except there is nothing going on here," I said quickly.

"Avery-"

"Not now. Let's go." I finished my my caramel machiatto frap and led the way to his car.

"We have to talk about it eventually," Vinny said about five minutes away from my house.

"We did talk about it. And we decided that we would wait."

"But we did pretty much all last year and over the summer. I'm over it. If she loves us then-"

"If we love her then we'll wait. We couldn't have picked a worse time."

"Avery."

"Vinny." He slowed to a stop outside of the grungy apartments I lived in.

"We shouldn't have to hide this."

"Hide what?" I said defiantly. "There's nothing here until there's nothing in the way of something being here."

"The only thing in the way of us is you. You can't protect her from everything."

"Vincent Thomas do not tell me what I can and cannot do," I said, getting out of his car.

**

"So..." Amelia said to me the next day before fourth period.

"So what?" I wasn't exactly at my brightest.

"So you and Vinny."

I looked at her wide-eyed. "So what about me and Vinny?" What did she know about me and Vinny?

"So what happened last night. All of twelve hours ago you two were like besties and today I haven't seen you talk once."

"Well we had a bit of a disagreement."

"About what?"

"About whether we like Chuck or Kevin Tran better." I stopped in front of my locker.

"Chuck or Kevin who?"

"The prophets from Supernatural." I freaking loved that show.

"Aaah. And that's why you aren't talking."

I looked at her, then put some things away into my locker. "Yes. I am very devoted to Chuck, but he likes Kevin better." I closed my locker and started walking towards class. "I mean, I see why. Kevin is a badass asian kid, but, I mean, Chuck. I just love Chuck. Of course not as much as my Sammy or my Dean or Cas or even Bobby, but he was by far my very very favorite- you aren't listening."

"No, no I am not."

"You have no soul, Amelia dearest."

"I know- Jake!" she called rushing to catch up with her boyfriend. I shook my head and went to class.

'Thank the heavens it's Friday,' I thought. I never understood why the first week started on Wednesday. It just didn't make any sense.
**

"I'm sorry," I said over the phone.

"I know," Vinny replied. "I'm just..."

"Frustrated," I murmured.

He laughed a little bit. "Yea. That."

"But you understand why?"

"Yea. But I still think that if she cares for us then she would want us to be happy."

"Yea... but this isn't the time."

"Mmmm... what are you doing later? Can I see you?"

"Lance found this gay bar and he was going to take Amelia and Aiden and Spencer. You wanna tag along?"

"Aiden and Spencer's going?"

"Yea... why?"

"I didn't think they would be willing- whatever. Sure. I'll meet you at Amelia's."

"Be there in an hour," I smiled, hanging up the phone and getting ready.

I was literally on my way out the door when my mom stopped me.

"Where do you think you're going?" Mom asked, a joint hanging off her lip. I didn't even stop moving, just closed the door as I spoke.

"Out."

**

Gay clubs are way cooler than straight clubs. Guy on guy action was everywhere. It was awesome. Don't ask me how we got into the club because Spencer would not like me sharing that info. But i will tell you it involved a little bit of bribery, sneaking, and nip-slipping. Because thats how we roll. It was a lot more crowded than we thought it would be and ended up getting split up almost immediately. Me and Vinny managed to hang on to each other for about ten minutes and then he let go of my hand for one second and I got lost, pushed to the bar by the crowd. I stood there, surveying and trying to find someone- anyone- I knew. But there was no one.

A girl with bright red and green hair approached me, grinning. "Hey there," she said, leaning against the bar next to me. I thought it would be fun to play along.

I smiled sweetly. "Hi."

"Can I buy you a drink?" She leaned towards me.

"Oh, goodness, I'm parched. I'll have a coke," I grinned.

"What will it take for you to let me put some alcohol in it?"

"Oh," I said, kinda flustered. "I-I can't drink because of this one time... there was this thing and it-"

"I understand," she chuckled, waving over the bartender. She ordered our drinks and then invited me out to dance.

"I'm sorry, I'm-"

"Taken," Amelia said, coming up behind me and slipping an arm around my waist.

I turned to Amelia, grinning. "Sorry," I said. The girl looked annoyed and walked away. "I'm sure I could've gotten free drinks all night had you not come along," I said, pushing her playfully.

"That, my dear Pond, was a train wreck waiting to happen."

"Holy shit, there you are," Vinny materialized out of the tightly packed bodies. "Where the hell did you go?"

"I go-ed here," I said, taking his and Amelia's hands. "Buddy system," I called, pulling them into the mass.

Lance found us next, pulling Spencer and a mexican guy along with him. "This guy," Lance said, "is the best wingman I have ever known. So I have brought him here to return him and I am taking off with this lovely man. Goodnight my loves. I will see you on Monday." He was absorbed back into the crowd.

"So I really don't mind if we leave," Vinny shouted over the music.

"We need to find Aiden," Amelia replied.

We found him about twenty minutes later, up against a wall surrounded by four guys. He seemed to be trying to climb inside the wall as they all got closer to him. They were complimenting his eyes and his muscles and throwing horrible pickup lines at him. We came to his rescue, telling his admirers that we had to be off. One of them had the balls to actually slap his ass as he left the group and we had to stop moving so that I could regain control of my laughter.

"Yea, laugh it up, Avery. I got shit on you," he hissed quietly enough so Amelia couldn't hear it.

"Oh, God, it's almost worth it," I gasped. "Almost.'"

**

"Where the hell have you been?" Jake demanded as we parked outside of Amelia's house. Fredrick stood in the doorway.

"At a gay club," Amelia giggled, trying to hug him, but he pushed her away. "What?"

"Why the fuck would you be at a gay club? You didn't even call me," he said. I started walking forward, seeing this going bad quickly.

"I have a life besides you," she replied, stepping back. I looked back to the cars. Everyone was out of the cars, but they were all kinda hanging back to watch the scene play out.

"Obviously. What's this shit going around that you're supposed to marry that freak?" Jake said loudly, gesturing at Aiden. I prepared myself to get in the middle of this.

Amelia looked at her hands. "It's not really my choice."

"Don't act like you don't fucking want it!"

"I don't-"

"Then why don't you fucking stop it?"

"Because it really isn't her choice," I said.

"Avery stop, I can handle this." Amelia said glancing at me.

"No, he's being a jerk."

"Why do you hate him so much?"

"Why do you always defend him?"

"Because he's my boyfriend!"

"Well maybe I shouldn't be anymore," he shouted, throwing up his hands and stepping towards us. Fredrick stepped out of the doorway, uncrossing his arms.

"What?" Amelia asked, voice small.

"Well you obviously don't need me anymore. You've got all the people you need!" He gestured around him. Fredrick suddenly appeared behind him.

"I think you should leave now," Fredrick said, standing over him. Jake sneered at him, then turned his glare on us.

He got in his car, saying, "We're over." Then he drove away.

Amelia looked at me, mouth open and on the verge of tears. "Amelia-"

"Thanks for the help, Avery," she whispered.

I stood there, mouth open, stunned. We all just sort of stood there as Jake drove away, Amelia let out a low sob.

"I-I can't..-" She said as she walked into the house sobbing.

"I'm sorry!" I yelled at her, trying to catch up.

"I work- I worked so hard on that relationship! So hard! And my dad goes and takes it away from me and gives me something that I really just don't want!! Then in five seconds flat it's over and I can't even explain!" She yelled her sobbing growing with her words. Amelia fell to the ground crying, I thought of Aiden for a second knowing he had heard what she said.

"You would ha-"

"No! No, I was going to fix it!" She yelled getting up and running off to her room. I glanced back at Vinny, he gave me a sympathetic look before walking up to me and wrapping his arms around me.

"It's not your fault." he whispered in my ear. I looked at Aiden who just shook his head before running off to somewhere in the house. Fredrick I assumed returned to whatever he does, baking in the kitchen or running off after Thea. "Come one, let's go lay down and watch V for Vendetta." I nodded and we walked up the spare room that had practically all of my things in it.

**

The rest of the weekend went by with no events. Amelia completely ignored me and almost every time I would tear up. It's not like I really tried to get them to break up, I wasn't the biggest fan of Jake but I wouldn't intentionally do that to my best friend. Me and Vinny stayed the whole weekend, me because I didn't want her to do something stupid while I wasn't there. Spencer tried to talk to her, but she was extremely hard headed and wouldn't listen to anyone. She just locked herself in her room with music blaring and no contact with anyone except for Fredrick, who brought her food. I think Fredrick loved those three kids more than their dad did. He took care of them when Christian wasn't home. Christian is Amelia's dad BTDubs. I think we forgot to tell you... Oh, well.

Anywho, me and Vinny were watching Supernatural reruns, waiting for an episode of Criminal Minds to come on. The Episode was Sam, Interrupted where they check themselves into a looney bin- one of my favorites. Dean doesn't shave for a while and- oh heavens- I heart facial hair. For some reason, they let my Sammy shave. I didn't understand. But Dean was talking to the psychiatrist who turns out to be a figment of his imagination. But, anywho, it was when he first 'met' her and he does the quote from Hannibal Lector and then does that thingy with his perfectly sculpted lips. His lips are so so perfect. So when he did that, me and Vinny start laughing because it's super funny. Like if you haven't seen it, youtube it. (A/N: For real. Youtube it. Search: Dean Winchester Supernatural Hannibal Lector Sam Interrupted. It's there. And it's hilarious No joke).

We kept rewinding it and watching him do it over and over because it was so damn funny and then we started trying to do it, but it's pretty much impossible.

"How the fuck does he do it?" I laugh, trying do it.

"I don't know... Fafafafafafafah."

"No, I think he sucks."

"Really? Oh, well I guess he does. No, I think he blows."

"That is not blowing. You obviously don't know what blowing looks like-"

"What's happening in here?" Aiden asked, coming through the huge archway from the foyer.

"Look," I said rewinding the clip again. "That is what we're trying to do." I stopped it again and turned to Aiden.

"Like this?" And then he did it. Perfectly. I looked at him open-mouthed.

"I really have no clue why Amelia is so against marrying you. How do you do that?"

"Well first of all, it's sucking, not blowing," he smirked at Vinny. "And then you just-" He did it again.

"Well thanks for the elaboration."

"No problem." He grinned and left.

"I hate that kid," I said. "I understand why Amelia doesn't want to marry him."

Vinny laughed and played it one more time. "Hifhifhifhifhifhifhif." (A/N: And thus sparked a debate on how to spell the noise.)
♠ ♠ ♠
So I would just like to accept your thank you's right now for being so damn speedy. I know, I rock and stuff. But tis all Imma say because I'm watching Supernatural right now and Sammy just got naked....