Status: Ongoing :D

One Story, Four Lives, and the Thing that Changed Them All

McMake-Out

So back to Vinny.

He's so cute.

But that's beside the point.

So Amelia started dating him and that was fun. Me and him got to hang out and it wasn't too awkward. Not horribly. Kinda. But that can't be avoided, can it? I don't think there's ever been a normal relationship between someone's best friend and boyfriend. There's always that barrier. 

Until, as I iterated in the previous chapter, he broke up with her for seemingly no good reason that was made apparent to only me. And eventually, Aiden and Spencer and, of course, Freshman, too. And finally Amelia and the rest of the world.

Vinny had a fat, nasty crush on me. 

But you guys already know that, don't you. 

Maybe the better topic of conversation here would be why I resisted him for so long. Because I was scared. I mean, yea, I didn't want to hurt Amelia. But honestly, like if there was anything more between me and Vinny, I could care less what Amelia thought. Vinny was right. She needs to love me for me. So why was I scared? Remember the whole shpeel about the illegalness of hybrid babies? Yeeea. It makes some sense now, doesn't it? I was scared I would fall too in love too fast and then it wouldn't work out anyways because if it did, it would be illegal. So my logic was to not even start it. 

But at some point, I think I stopped caring about that...


I checked myself in Amelia's private bathroom mirror and fixed my hair, then smudged away some stray eyeliner. Amelia was talking at me from her room.

"And then you know what he did?" she demanded.

"Pray tell," I mumbled, but she was already talking. 

"He fucking tried to tell me I was wrong. Me. No one tries to over rule me about my knowledge of Matt Smith god damn it. God I fucking haaate Aiden. I cant believe dad wants him to move in. Ugh."

I left the bathroom and leaned against the door frame. Amelia was still talking. I stopped her in the middle of a sentence. 

"That was the doorbell, I think," I said. Freshman was supposed to be on her way. 

She narrowed her eyes at me. "What?"

"Someone just rang the doorbell." I grinned. "I'll go get it!" I rushed for the door. 

"You just don't want to listen to me talk," Amelia said. 

I didn't answer, just skipped down the stairs. No one else was home, it was just me and Amelia, so no one else was going to open the damn door. I just wanted to do my second home a favor and make people not hate them because they didn't answer the door. And also I didn't want to listen to her talk. 

I threw open the front door and Vinny was standing right there. It was later in the day, so the sun was setting behind the huge house across the street, and it cast an orange glow over him that made him even more beautiful than usual. He was wearing this thin almost see-through white shirt that honestly did not hide anything and some cologne that made my butterflies go ape-shit. I had to prop myself up on the door I was holding open. 

And then he said my name really quietly and I swear I just melted from the inside out and suddenly I was mush like a crayon that someone left in the car all day and all I could think was 'Fuck it' and then I was kissing him and it was like--

Exhale. Finally.

Like this is what I've been waiting for. This is what I've been needing and why did I ever miss out on this. 

And then-

And then it was over, and I wanted it back in the worst way. Until I saw why it was over.

"Wow since when do we make out with strangers at the front-- holy shit, Avery," Amelia said. 

I pushed him away, but had to reach out again because my knees were so weak. I blinked a few times before I realized what was happening. Amelia was staring at us, mouth open and eyes wide. She suddenly broke out in a chuckle. I was utterly confused. 

"What?" I asked. 

"God damn, I was fucking wondering when that was going to happen. Thank god, the sexual tension was killing me. Like a perpetual episode of Bones, Jesus Christ. Finally." She threw up her hands, then turned around and left, yelling, "Carry on!" 

***

"Let's go do something," I said. We were sitting around Amelia's living room doing nothing, with Vinny, Aiden and Freshman. 

I was feeling little bit awkward after the scene at the front door and I just really wanted to be alone with Vinny. But I also didn't want to leave Freshman alone with those two, so I had kinda stuck it out until then.

Amelia looked at me, "What?" 

I shrugged, "I'm bored and kinda hungry. Let's go do something."

"How about you and Vinny go do something," she shrugged.

I looked at her, frowning, and tried to convey through facial expressions that my idea was to not leave her alone with Aiden and also expose Freshman to anything that may ensue, be it a verbal or physical fight or violent making out. Meanwhile, she was trying to convey that whatever just go with him we'll be fine. 

Eventually I was the one who gave up and I said "Okay fine. Come on Vinny. Let's go."
I stood up and stomped out. 

"What was that?" Vinny asked getting in the passenger seat of Sally. 

"What was what?" I asked, putting Sally in neutral and rolling her back onto the road. Sometimes she only started when she was moving, so Vinny helped me roll her up the street so I could start her. When we got back in and were turning into the main road Vinny continued.

"You and Amelia."

"Oh... well she wanted me to go out with just you, but I didn't want to leave Freshman in that situation for fear of her either in the midst of a shit storm or fit or violent passion."

"Oh. That makes sense."

"Yeah I do that sometimes. Crazy. Anywho, I'm feelin' Mickie D's." 

Vinny shrugged, "Okay."

So we went to Mickie D's and Vinny ordered a McBurger with Mcfries and a Mcdrink and I got a Mcsalad with Mcsweet tea and a Mccookie and then we sat down in a Mcbooth to eat our Mcfood. It was Mcfun.

That's when I met Thor. Not like the super attractive movie slash god Thor. He's actually not all that attractive. Maybe kind of godly.  He's scrawny thin but like super tall with dark hair and these huge ass glasses. he was with Russell, his cousin, who kinda looks like Misha Collins when he was Eric in Charmed. Adorable. 

Vinny got up to go get McSoftserve and so I was sitting there and then Russ and Thor sat at the table next to me. They have accents which I find super attractive and thus I found it hard to ignore them. Especially when Russ started talking to me. 

They were talking about finding somewhere to go for dinner. Russ turned to me with that grin he gets and said, "Sweetie, you know a good place ta get some grub?"

I smiled. "Sure, if you aren't worried about money, Fabio's is this fantastic little rustic pizza place. They'll put anything you want on a crust. Otherwise, City Diner has like the best hamburgers in town and they're pretty cheap."

"Thank you, little Bird. What's your name?"

"I'm Avery," I grinned resisting the urge to wink because part of me felt like it would be a cute addition to the dialogue but then the other part of me felt like I would insinuate that more than I wanted to insinuate considering Vinny and all. 

"I'm Russ. Russell Veveiros. This is my cousin Thor."

"Nice to meet you guys," I said. I saw Vinny coming back and waved him over. "This is Vinny."

Russ opened his mouth to say something but then his phone rang and he held up a finger. I raised my eyebrows and exchanged looks with Vinny. Russ said some stuff and then hung up the phone. 

"And we're off, Thor." He turned back to Avery. "It was nice to meet you Sweetheart, and your boyfriend. Despite his gloomy exterior, Thor also enjoyed this encounter. Cheers," he smiled and they got up to leave, waving at them. 

"I liked Thor," I said watching them pull out in an ugly rental car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well shit that only took eons. My bad. We're gonna try and post regularly again.