Status: Ongoing :D

One Story, Four Lives, and the Thing that Changed Them All

The Pudding Part: Part Two

At some point in a teenagers life, it's time to face the facts and realized that you are going to need to grow up soon. You're going to have to get a job and buy your own car in order to get where you're going and save money for that extravagant trip to a foreign country you've always dreamed of. My dad bought my car though, so I had this small savings of my own that I was waiting to get reasonably big, so I could make a life of my own. Or I was. To be honest, I hated the feeling when my dad bought me stuff. Because, although he cared and gave me things because he cared, it was still the most expensive toy in the toy shop. When I would have been fine with a cheep doll to play with.

The place I worked at was a good sized bakery in the heart of the city, it payed minimum wage and me and Cara -the owner- split tips at the end of the day. It was a cute french looking bakery, Cara always said she did her best to make it look like the ones back home. That kind of explaining, the name, Bonjour. The place was always steady, never a dull moment and we met plenty of interesting people from interesting places.

It was always my escape, I loved to bake and I was pretty good at it too when the boys weren't over at the house and eating it when it was cooling. Cursing at how it was hot and I should have warned them, when I had a million times and scolded them because they ruined my un-finished masterpiece. Aiden would always laugh and tell me "A masterpiece is always finished, you're just bad at everything.".

My favorite day was Cara's Fabulous Friday's, when we listened to whatever music we felt, unlike every other day when we listened to calming french music. The stuff she had from when she was a teenager. It was a fabulous Friday when everything in my life started to get fantastic.


~
Friday-

"Ahh Cara! Look at how cute these ones are!" I carried the tray of flower cupcakes up the the front. Cara was in the middle of packing some fudge and a cupcake in a box. She handed it to the lady on the other side of the counter.

"Thank you for visiting, and come again!" Adding our half of the receipt to the rubber-banded stack Cara turned to look at the tray in my hands. "You're getting good Amelia."

"I think this is my best batch yet, they're fantastic. I spent forever folding the pedals and dying them, talk about a head ache, I think I took half a bottle of ibuprofen. I swear." I laughed before stepping up to the display case, opening it and sliding the tray in with all the other delicious looking treats.

Saturday-

Saturdays were usually my days off, but Cara had her first OB appointment in the afternoon and she wanted her husband to tag along and then they would be going to dinner. So she called telling me I would need to come in about 2 and then close the shop at 9.

Except that Saturday morning I was unusually ticked off, I got up first thing in the morning so that I could watch Thea. Only to receive a phone call at 8 from my Dad, he was in God only knows where and the third sentence out of his mouth was "I want Aiden to move in." I panicked when he said that, suddenly I didn't know what to do. My cell phone dropped from my hand and I couldn't breath, I was gasping for air and I didn't know what to do. I felt like I was drowning but I wasn't I was in my house, I needed to breath, become aware of my surroundings.

"Am, I'm hungry." Thea came walking into my room. "You okay?" I looked at her.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I picked my phone up pressing 'end' on my dads frantic calls of my name. "What do you want to eat?" I asked Thea as I followed her into the kitchen.

"Fwoot." I laughed.

"How about a pancake and some fruit?"

"Yeah!" I had Thea go and sit in the living room as I made her breakfast. The medium T.V. on the wall in the conjoined dining room played Doctor Who as I cooked. It was 'The Pandorica Opens' one of my very favorite episodes with Matt Smith in it. I grabbed the fruit salad out of the refrigerator and poured a small amount into a child's bowl, putting the bowl on a plate with the pancake.

"Thea!" I called. She ran in a few seconds later and sat on the table.

"Who's that?" She asked as I set her breakfast in front of her.

"That's the Doctor, he's pretty cool." I walked back over the the stove to finish making pancakes with the remaining batter.

"Hey Thea, guess who's moving in!" I heard Spencer say walking in.

"Who?"

"Aiden." When he finished saying his name I heard the scream from my little sister. She had a big crush on Aiden, it was pretty hilarious to watch sometimes.

"Ew dad told you too?" I asked turning around.

"Nah, Aiden's mom called." He said walking over.

"Why couldn't she have called me? I like her announcements better, rather than dads random ass calls." I turned around flipping a pancake. Spencer dipped his finger in the batter, then eating it.

"I-oo-nn.." Sounded from him, as he shrugged. "That's really good."

"It's batter Spence, and you better not double dip!" I pointed my spatula at him. "Here, take these, you and that disgusting male you call a friend can have them." I said handing Spence a plate of about 10 pancakes. "Syrup's on the table, you both know were the plates are."

"Who's the freak on the T.V.?" I heard Aiden say from the table.

"His name is Matt Smith and he is not a freak." I demanded.

"Are you sure? He sure looks like one, does he dress like that outside of the show?"

"No."

"Doubt it." He said sitting on the table. "Hey Thea, want to watch some good shows?"

"Sure!"

"Aiden Adams, if you're going to move into this how you better get used to Matt Smith. You won't last long otherwise."

"You won't." Spencer added. "It's actually a pretty good show."

"Exactly!" I exclaimed, pointing the spatula in their direction. I'm always right when it comes to Matt Smith.

~

At about 10 o'clock, Avery and I decided to hang out. I was picking out my outfit for the day when the words fell from my mouth.

"My dad called this morning."

"Oh yeah? What did he say?" I looked over at her before turning back to my closet. She was sprawled out on my bed flipping threw a magazine.

"He told me he wants Aiden to move in." I slipped on a pair of jeans.

"Wow, what?" She sat up. "Repeat that."

"My dad wants Aiden to move in."

"That's fast."

"Just a little." I whimpered quietly. "I thought parents were supposed to tell you to never grow up, but mines just telling me to grow up faster. Why can't I be Peter?" I asked with a small smile.

"Because you're Amelia." Avery answered, laying back down. "If you think about it, it won't really be much different. He practically lives here anyway."

"So do you!" I laughed. I pulled on my jean bandeau and a white lace top.

"True." I walked back into my closet to find some flats and my bag. When I walked out Avery was in the bathroom.

"Oh my god! And did I tell you what happened later?"

"No."

"Well I was making breakfast for Thea, and Spence walked in bragging to Thea about how Aiden's moving in and, well, you know Thea, she flipped out. The pour thing, doesn't know a nice guy from a mile away. Anyway, so Aiden comes in and the first thing he says is, "Who's the freak on the T.V." in his stupid deep voice! Then he went on to ask me if he dressed like that off set and I was all "No." And then you know what he did?"

"Pray tell."

"He fucking tried to tell me I was wrong. Me. No one tries to over rule me about my knowledge of Matt Smith god damn it. God I fucking haaate Aiden. I cant believe dad wants him to move in. Ugh." I threw my hands up and fell back onto my bed. "It's like I can't get rid of the guy, if we're getting married or whatever I want as much single and alone time as I can get and apparently-"

"That was the doorbell, I think." Avery interrupted me.

"What?"

"I think somebody's at the doorbell." She grinned at me. "I'll go get it."

"You just don't want to listen to me talk." I humphed laughing as she ran for the door. I collected my things and slipped my flats on before heading downstairs, the curiousness of who was at the door getting to me. I knew it was either Freshman or Vinny, Freshman always tagged along with me and Avery and Vinny was one of the Musketeers. I set my things down on the couch on my way to the door, "Hey guys- wow, since when do we make out with strangers at the front-- holy shit Avery!"

Avery pushed the male being away, revealing Vinny. I starting laughing just staring at the pair, this was great.

"What?" Avery pushed.

"God damn, I was fucking wondering when that was going to happen. Thank god, the sexual tension was killing me. Like a perpetual episode of Bones, Jesus Christ. Finally." I threw my hands up in the air and spun around. "Carry on!" I waved.

~

As one o'clock neared Vinny, Avery, Aiden, Freshman and I sat on the couch. I don't know how everyone else felt but I was in an awkward state. I sat on the end of the couch with Aiden next to me and Freshman on the other side of him. There was this heat between us that gave off the tension from everything going on, along with the tension that had already been there. I couldn't decide if I wanted to puke, or speak, or leave, or start a fight, my body just wouldn't react to anything I told it to.

"Let's go do something."Avery finally broke. I then remembered her and Vinny's kiss in the doorway, I really hope they work how. I ship it so hard, Avery would never understand just how hard I ship them. So. Hard.

"What?" I asked remembering she had asked something.

She shrugged, "I'm bored and kinda hungry. Let's go do something."

"How about you and Vinny go do something," I shrugged back smirking a bit. She frowned in reply, and then we both went into our silent mode. Speaking without words, she was worried me and Aiden would break out into some fight and Freshman would be in the middle of it but I refused to let go. She needed to go out with Vinny and fast, I wasn't patient and I was excited for them to just finally be a thing. I know, I'm a really bad fan girl.

Eventually without much of a fight Avery gave up and stood, "Okay fine. Come on Vinny. Let's go." She stomped out and Vinny followed. I started to laugh once I heard the front door shut.

"Oh my god the pour thing."

"What just happened?" Aiden asked turning to me.

"Oh you'll find out, but you'll have to wait." I waved his question off without a second thought.

"No tell me."

"It's none of your business Aiden."

"Obviously it is if it has to do with my friends. And technically we're engaged so, yes it is my business."

"Are you seriously going to use that one with everything now?"

"Did it work?"

"No."

"Ugh, oh my GOD, Amelia get over yourself. What's so bad about telling me?" I thought about what he said for a moment, it's not like anything was happening. And Freshmen wouldn't say anything if I told her not to, heck she might not even say anything at all.

"I caught Vinny and Avery making out at the front door and I really would like for them to go out. So I told Avery threw facial expressions that her and Vinny should go out to eat."

"Oh I knew that, Vinny told me earlier."

"Then why did I have to tell you?"

"You're pathetic Amelia." Aiden laughed crossing his arms and leaning into the couch.

"Whatever." I stood and went into the kitchen. It was probably a bad idea, leaving Freshman in there with Aiden, I should have had her follow me but we would be leaving soon anyway. I grabbed a water bottle out of the refrigerator, closing it and turning around I ran into Aiden. "Uh, hey." I whispered.

"Hi." He whispered back.

"Why're we--" Aiden cut me off, kissing me. I fell into him and he pushed me against the refrigerator, my water bottle falling. The drop pulling me away from the shock, and I pulled my lips from his. "Why did you do that?"

"Because you're killing me." He breathed, kissing me again only for me to pull away.

"Stop."

"You're doing it again." His hands gripped my waist tighter.

"Doing what?"

"Holding back, keeping me in the dark, being you."

"Well I can't exactly stop being me can I?" I pushed him away. "I have to get to work." I grabbed my bag walking into the living room. "Come on Freshman."

~

So I had a seven hour working day, and 4 hours in I felt lonely. Besides the random texts I received from Avery and Spencer and Aryah along with the few conversations with customers, the bakery was pretty dull without Cara there.

"Welcome to Bonjour! How may I help you?" I asked the seemingly attractive male on the other side.

"Well, what's your favorite?" He asked, in a deep Irish accent, one that made me weak at the knees.

"I don't really have a favorite, but the croissants' are pretty fantastic. I think I'd recommend that one first, plus they come fresh from the oven." I smiled.

"I guess I'll have to take one of those and a... double mocha cappuccino." I punched in the prices.

"That'll be 6.75." I said. He handed me 7 and I gave his change. Walking over to the cappuccino maker and punching some more buttons. "Ireland huh?" I asked, gently trying to spark a conversation.

"Yeah, but I must admit. America sure if a great place."

"If you say so." I laughed, pulling the croissant out of the oven.

"You don't like it?"

"Well, I've been here my whole life. So I know it too well."

"Ahh.." I handed him his coffee and bagged up croissant.

"So what's an Irishmen doing in America."

"Oh ya know, tryin' 'n be successful."

"Makes sense."

"Well, it was nice ta meet ya Amelia, I've gotta go, but I'll bring the boys in 'er sometin." I laughed at his accent.

"Alright... What's your name?"

"Colin, Colin Nabokav."

"Well then, nice to meet you." I smiled.

"You to love."

~

Sunday-

"Hey Amelia!" Cara called from the front of the shop, I was putting another thing of muffins into the oven. "There's some guy from Ireland asking to see you." I walked up front, slipping the mitts off my hands.

"So you weren't lying." I said as I walked up front, Colin and two of his friends stood at the counter.

"I'm many things but a liar never."

"So what would you like?"

"I'd like the same thing as yesterday, as for these two, have fun trying ta get it out of them."

"Alright, who's up first then." The darker one of the two walked forward.

"Me I guess."

"You'd like a chocolate chip croissant, an apple, green I presume and green tea."

"That sounds delicious I'll take it, Zack by the way."

"Amelia, so that leaves you last." I said looking at the blonde-y. "Hmm.. a white mocha cappuccino and a small poppy seed muffin. You look like me, a small breakfast saves for a big dinner."

"That's fantastic, you're magnificent. I totally see what you were talking about Colin, I'm Ethan."

"Cute name. You guys can sit while I make up your order." I walked over to make their drinks, Cara working on the food.

"We're leaving tomorrow, so I guess this is our last meeting." I turned to see it was Colin talking.

"I guess it is,"

"I'd ask you to hang out with us tomorrow but I'm sure you have things to do."

"Yeah, I have school."

"Hm.." He walked over to the others.

~

I walked into the house about 7 since Cara was at the bakery tonight she said I could go home early. The day had been pretty long and I was tired, so I planned on grabbing something small from the kitchen and then taking a shower.

"Ew, you're still here." I said as I walked through the living room, Aiden, Spencer and Thea sat in the living room watching something on the T.V.

"Moving in."

"Doesn't mean I can't complain." I said back as I kept walking. Bitch. I walked into the dining room, putting my bag on the table and slipping my flats off setting them on a chair. I walked over the the 'frig and grabbed a pudding cup, along with the fruit salad and whip cream. I grabbed a spoon and a bowl, pouring some fruit into the bowl and then putting it away. I opened the pudding cup taking a bite as Aiden walked into the room.

"What do you want?" I said irritated.

"I want to talk about yester--"

"No." I turned away from him, pulling a glass out of the cabinet.

"Amelia come on. You're killing me, you're honestly and truly killing me."

"Well, guess you'll have to deal cause I'm not gonna stop."

"Of course you won't, because you're so fucking stubborn."

"Well then guess what?"

"What?"

"You're gonna have to get used to it."

"I'm gonna have to get used to a lot with you, and that's what makes me so frustrated with you all the time. But it's like I like it."

"You like arguing?"

"No, well, ugh. See, you're doing it again."

"Doing what?" I was so irritated, all my muscles were tight and ridged. I watched Aiden as he let out a long deep frustrated sigh, his beautiful jaw clenching and un-clenching repeatedly.

"I give up." I heard him whisper, before I was pinned against the island. Aiden hungrily kissing me as though it was the last thing he'd ever do. And I just went along with him, gifting him the same hunger that he was giving me. Aiden's hands pulled my waist closure to him and the fatal crunch of something between us broke everything perfect that was happening. I pulled away to steady my breathing as well as look down,the pudding cup that was in my hand had successfully crushed. Pudding all over both of our shirts, our feet and my hand.

Aiden and I looked at each other, Aiden smiled, "Pudding, why is it always pudding?"

"I have no clue." I answered smiling back, taking my hand and whipping it on his face.

Aiden's eyes lite up, "Seriously?"

"Yes." I giggled.

"This is so not over." We raced the two feet the the refrigerator, ripping the door open and taking all the pudding cups we could find. There was about 5, Aiden winning over three so with my two I grabbed the whip cream off the island. We started to walk around the island, as if to dual and suddenly the de ja vu hit.

"I have a full can Aiden, I'd watch yourself."

"I have three pudding cups Amelia, I'd watch yourself." he mocked, opening each one preparing himself. As we continued to stalk each other around the island, smiling like kids, I grabbed my spoon from before off of the counter. Aiden taking his chance and throwing pudding at me, I sprayed him with the whip cream my spoon falling. Aiden ran up to me, smearing more pudding on my face, I closed my eyes spraying him with the whip cream. The bottle not lasting as long as I hoped it would though, so I kissed him, running my pudding and whip cream cover hand through is hair. Aiden pulled away at that, looking at me weird, before rubbing a big glop of the pudding all over my chest.

"Awe, look how pretty your hair is!" I yelled laughing as I ran to the other side of the island.

"You're disgusting." He said as he ran after me, I slipped on some pudding that had landed on the floor, catching myself before slipping again. Aiden caught me this time, pulling me to his chest, "You really need to watch yourself." He chuckled, his voice deep.

"You really need to stop chasing."

Aiden kissed me, "You really need to stop running." I looked into his eyes, which were a grey-ish jade color at the moment, they had so much light in them.

"I know.." I looked away, and then to his lips, and then his eyes and then our feet, his fingers brought my chin up so I would look at him

"So does that mean we can stop? Does that mean I can kiss you whenever and wherever I want and you not go all nuclear bomb on me?" His eyes seemed to plead me, his body seemed to plead me. It was like the whole world was pleading me to just go with it, go with fate for once.

"I..I..Aiden.." I sighed.

"Seriously? Seriously, Amelia, fuck." His hands dropped from my waist. "I'm done, I'm so done and we still have to go through everything. Amelia, please for once." And with those words something in me just took off and I kissed him. It was like I had to, I was done too. I was so tired and I could only think that maybe it was me, maybe I just needed to go with things instead of making my life complicated.

I pulled away, "Aiden, I think I want to do this. But I'm warning you, baby steps. Baby steps Aiden, please." his smile grew and he kissed me again. It was all I needed, as long as he didn't stop kissing me.

~

"Oh my god, Avery, ughhh... look how cute he is! Look, look at his laugh. To be honest I hated his hair cut at first but now that it's grown out a bit it looks good." I gushed over the ComicCon video of Matt Smith.

"It is cute, I like it." I grinned, shutting my laptop. It was about 10 and Avery was over for the night, it was a Sunday protocol for her to stay over. To make sure she started the week off in a good mood, so she could get through the rest with her mom.

We sat in the living room, just being us in our pajamas before 12 hit, which was our bed time as Avery would put it, the boys were in and out just all over the house being the boys we had grew up with. From food runs, to Spencer room supply runs, to video game runs. I never understood why all three of them just didn't move in down stairs. It was like a a full fledged second house down there.

Eventually they just came upstairs, Spencer was running to the bathroom Vinny sat on the recliner and Aiden sat on the couch next to me. At bit too close for anyone who didn't know what had happened in the kitchen, which was everyone, except for Aiden and I.

"So you boys finally decided to join the party?" Avery asked, looked up from her binder.

Aiden laughed, "Raving." I slapped his arm, Aiden caught my hand holding it as we had our silent conversation, smiling. Realizing he was still holing my hand he threw it back at me and I scoffed to play off what we planned. I looked over at Avery, she was giving me an odd look but looked back down at her binder ignoring whatever she was confused about.

"I'm gonna go get something to drink." I stood and walked into the kitchen grabbing a glass, pushing the ice button.

"Boo." I screamed turning around.

"Don't do that!" I yelled hitting Aiden in the chest, he started to laugh his grin wide.

"You're adorable with glasses."

"And you're really not sly at all, you kind of suck at being sly." I smiled, he kissed me. "I'm leaving." I walked back into the living room, Spencer now laid sprawled on the couch. "Why did you let him follow me? He scared the shit out of me and I almost dropped my water."

"Almost." Aiden said walking in after me. The sound of the front door opened then, and footsteps.

"Hello?" I called, hoping whoever it was would hear me.

"It's just me Amelia." The sound of my fathers voice rang, he sounded tired.

"Dad, what are you doing home?"

"I have a few days off and I try to spend them at home as much as possible." He walked into the living room. "Oh, speaking of work, my colleague gave me these ticket to some band called Roadside Roar. I don't know if you've hear about them but there's like 5 or 6 tickets and they'e early entry. It's for tomorrow night so it you wanna skip Tuesday it's fine with me."
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my god done! Ugh this took me like 12 hours in total! I hate working and trying to write at the same time. But I'm pretty sure it came out fantastic. I think this is the longest chapter so far. Hope you enjoy it!
--iFF