Four Hearts, Two Pathways

Atria Zephyr

Seeing as how we had lost the match, Draco was going to be even harsher on us. More so me, than anyone else since I’m the newcomer.

Sighing, I walked out of the Slytherin dorms and up to the library. I had N.E.W.T’s I opted to take to follow in my parents footsteps as an Auror, so this year I had to study. I had done fine on my O.W.L’s the year before this, but I wasn’t prepared to take my N.E.W.T’s.

I pulled up my hair as I entered the library and sat near the restricted section. I pulled out a book from the shelves and started reading. As I read, I took notes on an empty piece of parchment. I hummed to myself as I studied a book about Potions.

“Add peppermint until the potion turns red, add shrivelfig until the potion turns turquoise,” I mumbled as I read off the instructions for Elixir to Induce Euphoria. I felt someone staring at me and sighed. I wasn’t in the mood for anyone to bug me at the moment. I turned in my seat after putting my quill down. Turning, I saw none other than Harry Potter. I groaned and turned back to my studies.

“Hey Atria, what’s up?” Harry smiled while moving to watch me over my shoulder.

“Seriously, Potter. Respect boundaries and stay away from me,” I snapped. Potter was seriously getting on my nerves.

“Sorry, I just wanted to chat with you before I go to see Hagrid. Would you like to come with?” He asked. I groaned and put my quill back down and wiggled my fingers.

“I guess, if it gets you to stop bugging me,” I packed up my books and papers and stood in front of Harry. He looked at me surprised then shrugged.

I followed him out of the library and he was trying to make conversation with me but I was silent. I was kind of regretting the idea of accepting Harry’s proposal, but I knew if I had stayed in the library until my fingers cramped, I would have missed dinner.

As we passed the greenhouses, I realized Harry was walking slowly through the castle. I was about to complain until I watched Harry disappear from my side and go up to the body that was halfway through the window, stealing some herbs. I stood off to the side and watched Harry act so odd. I furrowed my eyebrows while watching Harry convince Slughorn to come with us to Hagrid’s hut.

Reluctantly, Slughorn agreed and the three of us were on our way. Slughorn and I were in a deep conversation on how to properly brew Draught of Peace. I remember that day we brewed it last year and Professor Snape singled out Harry Potter, like always, and gave him a zero, for simply forgetting the syrup of hellebore. It was a simple misread, just like how Gregory Goyle did. Goyle did worse than Potter sadly, but Snape wouldn’t listen.

The three of us walked to the little hut that held the half giant and we walked to the back of the hut near the dark forest and saw him with a giant spider. I knew there was one there in the forest, but I never met it.

“Hagrid, what happened?” Harry asked the half giant who was crying like a big baby. I looked up at him as he looked at the spider.

“Aragog, he died. I tried savin’ ‘im, but I was too late,” Hagrid said after wiping his nose in a handkerchief. I nodded.

“Oh, I’m sorry Hagrid. I forgot to introduce my guest to you,” Harry said, completely ignoring what Hagrid had said. Harry motioned to me to walk closer and wrapped an arm around my shoulder. I glared at him. “Hagrid, this is Atria Zephyr. She’s in Slytherin, but she’s nice. She’s amazing at potions, like Professor Slughorn here.”

“Harry, dear boy, can’t you see that Hagrid is hurting?” Slughorn said to Potter. Potter nodded. “Hagrid, would you like me to say something upon his behalf?” asked Slughorn. Hagrid just nodded his hairy head.

“Ahem, farewell, Aragog, king of arachnids, whose long and faithful friendship those who knew you won’t forget! Though your body will decay, your spirit lingers on in the quiet, web-spun places of your forest home,” Slughorn said in his most dramatic voice. After Slughorn comforted Hagrid a little, he walked closer to the dead arachnid and held a vial to the fang that held venom.

“It’s good for potions, isn’t it sir?” Harry asked. Slughorn and Hagrid looked at Harry funny as he held his two pointer fingers closer to his mouth and moved them rapidly and made clicking noises. “The teeth, correct? They’re good when crushed,” He simply shrugged. I looked at him funny too. Hagrid didn’t think it was amusing, as he stormed back into his little hut.

Taking that as our cue to leave, Slughorn invited us back up to his office. I accepted, wanting to read up on his potion mastery books. Harry accepted, just for the hell of it. The two of them walked into a smaller part of the office, with Harry holding a small vial that seemed to appear out of nowhere.

After about an hour of the two men talking, I excused myself and walked back to my dorm. I sat on my bed with a book I borrowed from the library and put it on the nightstand. I changed out of my normal clothes and into pajamas, sliding into bed and thinking of my long and weird day I had.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my god! We got a review!!! THIS IS AMAZING!

Anyhow, I'm sorry for the delay. It's completely my fault! I've been packing all month to move and then my roomie deleted everything off of my flash drive so this chapter was rewritten. I'm going to be updating more when I move, since my roomie isn't coming.

Please don't be a silent reader! We love you!!!

Love,
Z