Status: This will most likely be sporadically updated.

The Only Fight Truly Lost, is the Fight Never Fought.

1: Why me?

"No, no, please, no!" I begged as some unknown man grabbed me from behind and drug me towards an alley.

He inhaled my scent deeply before rasping in my ear, "Oh, such a pretty little girl and so... innocent. We'll change that, won't we Rex?" The guy chuckled as another stepped out of the shadows.

Tears spilled over my eyelids as I thrashed, and tried to scream, but he shoved a piece of cloth into my mouth, and kept his hand clamped over it. His friend tore off my clothes, roughly, scratching my skin in the process.


$$$

My eyes flew open as I lay in bed, breathing hard when I awoke from my nap. My sister, Rain knocked on my doorframe, and leaned against it as she gazed down at me.

"Doctor's appointment today... Mom told me to remind you that it's still not too late." She rolled her eyes as she took out her keys.

"It's not the baby's fault, I never considered abortion," I sighed, sitting up and pushing myself to my feet.

"I know that, but she's always gonna preach... You know how she is... if you don't go along with what she wants... You're dead to her," She said, as I pulled on a pair of jeans (Wanna wear them until I'm too big to), a baggy tee, threw my hair up in a pony tail and slicked on a little bit of eyeliner.

"Whatever." I shrugged slipping on my tennis shoes and followed her down the stairs.

We climbed into her car in silence, and turned on the music to make the ride more comfortable. I could feel Rain glancing at me out of the corner of her eye, but I easily ignored her, not caring about how worried she was about me. Before, I would've done my best to appease and convince her nothing was wrong, but since the thing happened to me, I really didn't care. Nobody knew the truth about my pregnancy, or why I wasn't asking the father for support, and it didn't really matter to me.

I got over being open and honest, when I learned that it's every person for themselves, and there's no point trying to please other people when they're only out to please themselves. I glanced at sister out of the corner of my eye humming and tapping her hands on the steering wheel to the song on the radio, and I was struck with the reality of how innocent she was. She was 5 1/2 years older than me, but she had no idea what the world was like. Rain saw the good in everyone, and every situation, and if there wasn't any, her mind conjured some form of it. To be honest, I could only wish that I still thought that way, but no matter how hard I tried, I saw no good... There was only bad. I closed my eyes and leaned my head against the window, just letting the world pass me by until we got to the clinic.

"Do you want me to come in with you?" Rain asked looking at me with concern written clearly in her face.

"Rainy, I'll be fine, I know you all still look at me like I'm a little kid-and I kinda am-but I can take care of myself," I promised giving her the same brilliant fake smile that had been fooling people for the past 57 days.

"If you need me, Stormy, just call my phone. I'm here for you," She swore grasping my hand hard before letting it go.

"I know." I gave her one last small smile before I got out of the car and jogged into the building.

"Storm Larsen," I said to the lady at the front desk when she looked up at me.

"The doctor will be right out," She repeated for probably the 10th time today.

I walked away from the desk and sat down in the waiting area, and not even 5 minutes later someone came out and called my name. We went in the back so I could weigh myself, check my temperature, and get my vitals done. Then they put me in a room and left me to sit there by myself until a doctor came in. I felt a little nauseous as I waited, and I started sweating a little bit in anticipation. Her name was Dr. Johnson, she had short blonde hair and pretty blue eyes, that smiled when she did.

"Now, Storm, this may seem a little odd, but I'm going to have to put my fingers inside you, to check, then I'm going to have to use a really long ultrasound, and stick it inside you, because it's too soon to check through the abdomen, is that okay?" She asked leaning towards me in her chair.

"Jeez, no first date?" I asked sarcastically, before I gave a short laugh, "No, it's fine."

I laid back on the bed after I put on a blue hospital grown, and she crouched between my legs and put 2 gloved fingers inside me, making me tense. When she pulled them out she slid a rubber cover over a long gray thing, and I tensed again as she pushed it inside. I tried to fight the thoughts and images flashing in my brain, but they wouldn’t stop. Tears threatened to well in my eyes as I clenched my teeth, and balled the tissue paper up in my fists.

"Just relax... Okay, look at that, there's a little heartbeat right there, can you see it? That's your baby!" She said smiling down at me.

I smiled too thinking about the life I had growing inside me, and I couldn't wait to meet the person they would become. I could imagine a life of taking care of someone else, someone who needed, and depended on me, and was a part of me.

As I left the doctors office, I had a real smile on my face as I thought about the years to come, and a small twinge of disappointment hit as I realized I would miss my entire childhood helping someone live there's. But it was only a small twinge.
♠ ♠ ♠
First Chapter. :) Comment?