Smother Me

Smother Me

‘Vic! Let’s go on this ride first!’ you practically scream out of excitement. He laughs at you, ‘sure y/n, it’s your day,’ he says smiling. You run over to the line and Vic catches up.

After waiting a while, you finally get onto the ride and you guys are next to each other. You picked the ride the goes 100 feet in the air and drops quickly; just the thought makes your heart race. It’s so scary and exciting at the same time, that’s why you picked it. The ride starts going and you look at Vic, you notice him looking at you, too. You can’t help but smile. ‘Vic, I’m kind of scared..’ you whisper in his ear. He laughs at you again for being such a little kid, ‘it’ll be okay y/n, I’m here,’ he says, grabbing your hand. You blush and look ahead, seeing you’re getting closer to the top. Your heart starts to race out of excitement and he squeezes your hand. The ride stops at the top for a split second and drops, picking up a quick speed. You can’t help but kick your feet and scream due to the butterflies; Vic screams with you and you both throw up your hands. You guys laugh and enjoy the rest of the ride with all it’s twists and turns. Vic gets off the ride and runs off, leaving you there to catch up with him.

‘Wasn’t so bad, was it?’ he asks with a grin. ‘It was awesome. Let’s go on another one?’ You guys spend the rest of the day going on various rides, screaming and laughing, and playing different games, mostly Vic winning you stuffed animals. It starts to get dark and you both decide to go back to his place, considering you’re pretty tired from running around in 100 degree weather.

You reach Vic’s house and are sitting in his car outside, just looking into each others eyes for a few seconds before Vic smiles and says something, breaking the silence. ’I had a really great time with you today, y/n; probably the best time I’ve had in a while.’ You smile back, ‘I feel the same way, Vic.’

‘You look really beautiful, even all sunburned and with your hair a mess,’ he says, poking your face and laughing. ‘I put on sunscreen though! But thanks for the compliment,’ you reply, fixing your hair partially and blushing. ‘Hey, let’s go inside, I’ve got something to show you.’ Nodding, you get out of the car, following him in the house.

You both take off your shoes and you sit on the couch; you’ve been inside Vic’s house so many times it’s basically home. He goes into his room, leaving you there. You start to think about this ‘surprise’ he has for you, though you can’t really seem to come up with what it is, but it doesn’t really matter; you see Vic walking down the stairs with his guitar looking at you with a slight smile on his face. You figured he was going to show you a song he made and wanted your opinion; you loved when he played new songs for you, you thought it was cute. You sit up and scoot over on the couch, showing that he can sit next to you. He comes and sits down, fixing his guitar so he can play. ‘Okay, I’ve been wanting to do this for a while. I’m going to play you a song, just don’t laugh if I mess up.’ Vic says with a little laugh. ‘Of course! I’ll be nice…..I’ll try at least.’ He frowns a bit at your reply. ‘I’m kidding!’ you say with a giggle. ‘Okay, here it goes..’ You watch him start to play and listen to the chords he’s strumming, expecting something new and unheard; but after a few seconds you recognize the melody. It’s Smother Me by The Used, his favorite band.

He starts to sing:

‘Let me be the one who calls you baby all the time.

Surely you can take some comfort knowing that you’re mine.

Just hold me tight, lay by my side.

Let me be the one who calls you baby all the time.

I’ve found my place in the world, could stare at your face for the rest of my days.

Now I can breathe, turn my insides out and smother me.

Warm and alive, I’m all over you; would you smother me?’

From the first line, you couldn’t stop smiling; you’re so in love with Vic’s voice. You space out and don’t notice he’s stopped playing. ‘y/n?’ he questions. You blink a few times and smile sheepishly because you were staring right at him.

‘y/n, we’ve been good friends for a while now, and because I’ve known you all this time, I’ve kind of fell in love with you. From your beautiful face to your amazing personality. I can’t imagine you not being in my life; and now i don’t think I can handle you not being mine. Would you be my girlfriend?’

Your jaw drops; to think Vic had feelings for you? When you first met him you thought he was pretty cute but after getting to know him and being his friend for a few years, you fell in love with him. With teary eyes, you smile. ‘Oh my god, of course Vic.’ You grab him and give him the biggest hug and he does the same. Pulling away, he looks into your eyes, grabbing your face and kissing you. You kiss back and after a few seconds you both stop to look at each other. Vic’s the first one to speak up, ‘I love you y/n, so much.’ You’re practically beaming now, ‘I love you, too.’