Status: Bittersweet Goodbye. This story is now complete.

Let the Walls Fall Down

Chapter 18

Everyone finally left my hospital room after much convincing that I would be fine if I was left alone. I told them that I am surrounded by doctors and nurses that would keep an eye on me. My mom and step dad really didn’t want to leave, neither did Demi, but I told them they could come back first thing in the morning. They reluctantly agreed and left. But Nick stuck around for a few minutes longer.

“So where were we on this lunch?” he asked curiously. I almost snapped that he should remember when I remembered that I have amnesia and am apparently stuck in 2009. I felt bad for the guy that was standing in the corner and ran out when I woke up. Apparently we had something going on and he had fallen in love with me.

“At your parents’ house, you tried to cook but failed so I ended up cooking for you.” I explained to him.

He nodded, “I remember that day. Joe still hasn’t let me live that day down.” He rocked on his heels awkwardly. I think I know why so I spoke up so he wouldn’t have to deal with this awkward situation.

“It’s okay; you don’t have to go along with my amnesia. You must have a girlfriend to get back to, so don’t let my lack of memory mess that up.” I smiled weakly.

Nick came over and sat on the edge of the bed, taking my hand into his. “I don’t have a girlfriend. I was actually trying to get back together with you.” he smiled brightly. I couldn’t help but smile back at him.

“Maybe this was fate then.” I giggled softly.

“Maybe.” He said quietly then leaned in and kissed me. I jumped slightly in shock because I wasn’t expecting him to do that. But I quickly melted into the kiss. We were interrupted by a knock at the door. Nick jumped and stood up, wiping his mouth in the process. The guy who I remember saying his name was Jack peeked his head in.

“Sorry to interrupt, I just wanted to speak to Selena.” He said. “Alone.”

“Oh uh, I was just leaving.” He said awkwardly. “I’ll see you tomorrow.” He told me then said bye to Jack and left.

“Hi. Sorry for not remembering you.” I scrunched up my face and tilted my head to the side.

“Cut the crap, Selena. I know damn fucking well that you know who I am.” He barked.

I winced and brought my knees up to my chest, he was really scaring me. “I don’t know what you’re talking about. I don’t remember anything of the last few years.”

“Well I find that really hard to believe, because I am pretty damn sure that Demi wouldn’t have called me a penis jokester in 2009, I don’t think she’s ever referred to me as that. She always just calls me a poop head. The only way that would have come to your mind is if you remember. So get to talking.” he folded his arms over his chest but I just stared at him, not knowing what to say. “Look, I am not here to rat you out, I am here to help you. There is obviously a reason for you to be faking amnesia, and I can see the fear in your eyes. I won’t tell anyone that you’re faking; frankly I don’t think anyone noticed. But in order for me to help you, you need to talk to me.”

I started to cry into my knees. Not only because I was scared of Jack’s initial reaction but because he’s entirely correct. I am faking my amnesia and I am a horrible person for lying to everyone. It broke my heart to see the look on Brian’s face when he left after learning that all I can remember is being with Nick. But he already broke my heart; this isn’t revenge on him because I would forgive him in a heartbeat. But it’s easier to break his heart than ruining my career. I know love, family and friends should come before my career, and normally I would say fuck my career but I still need to keep my reputation intact and that has be threatened.

I looked up at Jack with tears still in my eyes, “I’m so sorry.”

Jack rushed over to me and pulled me into his arms. “Everything will be okay.” He whispered then kissed my temple.

“No it’s not!” I snapped. “I am hurting people to save my own ass. I am a selfish and horrible person.”

Jack maneuvered so he was facing me better and took my face in his hands, “You are not a selfish and horrible person. You are one of the best and most genuine people I have ever met, and that’s saying a lot because I am a total asshole.”

I sniffed and smiled weakly. “Thanks for trying to cheer me up, but when you find out what is going on then you’re not going to think I am a good person.” I sighed.

He let go of my face but didn’t move, “tell me what’s going on. I won’t judge you, nor will I tell anyone. I promise you that. I just want to help you. Everyone is so worried about you. I’ve never seen Brian so distraught, Lex is blaming himself for your injury, Demi is beside herself with guilt and worry and your parents seemed like they are about to go crazy.”

“Brian is only distraught because he feels guilty for being an asshole to me. He doesn’t care about me, if he did he would trust me and abide by his promises.” I said bitterly.

“Could be, but I think he’s really sorry. You didn’t see the kid cry when you said you didn’t remember a thing. And from what I heard, he spent the past four days sitting in the corner of his room being an emo kid. Alex said he wouldn’t eat or drink a thing. He really does feel bad for the way he treated you. Especially after those pictures got leaked, he wanted you to know that he didn’t do that and would never do that because he loves you so much.” Jack defended Brian.

“Even if he truly is sorry and wants to work things out, I can’t do it. That’s why I am pretending to not remember him so he will just move on and forget about me. If he doesn’t then I am as good as dead, I might as well have died from my head injury if he won’t back the hell off.” I balled up my fists and hit the mattress as I fought back more tears.

“Don’t you fucking say that!” Jack raised his voice. “You have people here that need you alive.”

“I may have left Disney and am trying to create a new identity for myself, a grown up one. But that doesn’t change the fact that I have a huge child fan base.” I said ignoring his comment. I probably sound batshit crazy right now, but I can’t help that this is flowing from my mouth like word vomit.

“What does that have to do with you thinking you should die?” he asked confused.

“Because I am being blackmailed into keeping quiet about a secret that I know in exchange for not leaking a sex tape.” I covered my face so I wouldn’t see Jack’s face.

“You have a sex tape?” he asked amused. I looked up at him and he had a cheesy grin on his face so I slapped his arm. “What? That’s so unlike you. It’s one thing for you to get drunk off your ass, but a sex tape? Really?”

“I didn’t do it! I’m not that skankish to record myself having sex.” I said in disgust.

“Then how?” again he asked confused.

I sighed, not really knowing where to start. I guess I should start back to where I left off with Lex earlier today. “Did Lex tell you what we talked about today after you left to get food?”

He nodded, “about Debby leaking those pictures of you? But you got sick before you told him why.”

I licked my lips, I didn’t want to get into this but I know I could trust him and I guess it’d be easier to have someone to confide in than be completely alone in this lie. “The day I broke things off with Brian, I had to go hang out with the girls who are on that Disney show Shake It Up because I promised them I would. Anyways, I was in the parking lot when I heard a voice so I stopped and listened. It was Debby and she was on the phone raving about how she won Alex by being pregnant, though she’s not really pregnant. She’s faking the whole thing. And she used one of her friend’s pee or pregnancy test or something to fake the test so Alex would believe her. I tried to sneak off quietly but failed when I tripped over a rock. She noticed me and quickly hung up. That’s when she got in my face about how I was going to keep her secret or else. I didn’t get what or else meant so I asked, and that was a horrible idea. Plus I told her I wasn’t going to keep her secret because Demi is my best friend and for that matter Alex has become a friend. But she showed me that she had stolen the pictures from Brian’s phone. I thought I would be able to handle those pictures getting out because they aren’t that bad plus I could always claim they aren’t real. But that’s when she showed me the video. Apparently when she got into with Demi about leaving Alex alone and Demi refused, she said she would go after me. So she bugged Brian’s loft and well we tend to have a lot of sex. She got it all on tape.”

“You obviously haven’t told Demi, so why did she leak the pictures?” he cut me off.

“It was a warning, it’s her way of ensuring that I keep my mouth shut.” I explained.

“That fucking bitch!” he growled. “She’s messing with too many of my friends and I will destroy her.”

“Don’t get dragged into this, even if I don’t tell Demi about it, she still will leak the video.” I pleaded with him.

“Selena, in these past few weeks you’ve become like a little sister to me and I care a lot about you so I won’t let anyone hurt you. I will find a way to expose that girl and get that tape from her before she has a chance to leak it.” he said genuinely which made me tear up again. He wrapped an arm around my shoulders and pulled me to his chest. “I promise I will fix this.” He said then placed a kiss to the top of my head.

“But how are you going to solve this without outing my secret?” I mumbled into his chest.

“I will figure something out. Even if I have to lie and get Lex to lie along with me saying that you told us what happened before the accident.” He thought out loud.

“How will you get Lex to go along with that plan?” I asked but before he could answer the door opened and closed.

“Get me to go along with what plan?” Lex stood there with a raised eyebrow. I looked him in the eye and gulped and felt Jack tense up. “And don’t lie to me Jack, I know when you lie.”

“That me and Selena had an affair behind that Jonas kid’s back and lied about it because she doesn’t want to be with him.” He blurted out and Lex glared at him because he knew it was a lie.

“I said don’t lie, so try again.” He crossed his arms.

Jack looked at me with pleading eyes, he didn’t want to have to lie to best friend, and I don’t want them to fight because of me, so I spoke up. “Go along with trying to find a video that Debby Ryan has of me and keep it a secret that I really remember every detail of my life.”

Lex’s eyes widened in shock at first then squinted in anger. My heart started to race because I didn’t want him to be mad at me but then his demeanor changed and he ran over to me and engulfed me in a hug. I started to rub his back when I felt my shoulder get wet. He was crying. “You’re okay, you’re really okay.” He cried.

“I’m sorry I lied, but I had to. Jack here is shockingly a genius and figured it out.” I laughed.

“Hey!” Jack gasped in offense.

Lex pulled away and we both laughed. “That is shocking.” He shook his head. “So what’s this video?”

I bit my lip because I was embarrassed. “It’s a sex tape that I didn’t know was taken.”

“I will fucking kill him.” Lex snapped in rage obviously thinking that Brian took it without my knowledge.

“It wasn’t Brian. Debby had his place bugged to get any kind of incriminating information on me and that’s what she got. She’s using it to blackmail me into keeping quiet so I just pretended to have amnesia so she would leave me alone.” I explained to him, leaving out a few details.

“Well then I will kill that bitch.” He grumbled. “No one messes with my little sister and gets away with it.”

“Dude that’s what I said!” Jack laughed and they high-fived. I just rolled my eyes because they are ridiculous. We spent the next two hours formulating a plan to take down Debby and get back my life. They probably would have stayed longer but the nurses kicked them out since visiting hours were over. I just hope they can pull off the plan because if they don’t I’m going to be reduced to not remembering my life and I don’t know how long I can live like that.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Selena really doesn't have amnesia, but is pretending so she won't have to deal with Brian trying to get her back so Debby won't leak a sex tape she has. Raise your hand if you hate Debby? *raises hand* So what do you think that Lex and Jack are planning? All I have to say is shit is about to go down! haha