Status: Bittersweet Goodbye. This story is now complete.

Let the Walls Fall Down

Chapter 22

I pulled up to Rian’s house, but I stayed in my car for a while. A couple days ago Jack called me and said that him and the guys were throwing a party at Rian’s house tonight and said I HAD to be there. I was skeptical on coming because I know that Alex would be here and I knew he had yet to break up with Debby. I really didn’t want a repeat of Brian’s birthday party either. I doubt that would happen since Selena is in Texas and has no memory of knowing these people. I reluctantly got out of my car and went inside the house. I quickly spotted Lex who seemed like he was in a hurry to do something. “Hey!” I squealed as I hugged him.

“Hey! I missed your face!” he laughed as he hugged me back.

“So why do you seem like you’re in a hurry?” I questioned him suspiciously.

“Because I am. I really have to do something, but I need you to do me a favor.” He said. I furrowed my eyebrows and nodded. He turned around, clasping his hand on someone’s shoulder. Brian turned around and Lex pulled Brian toward us. “I need you two to stay together, and at some point in the night you will be asked a question. I need you guys to help this person. Okay?” he said cryptically.

“I don’t get it.” Brian said.

“Just do it!” Lex threw his hands up in the air and ran off.

I just shrugged, “Want to go find somewhere to sit? I really don’t feel like mingling.”

“Me either.” He sighed, shoving his hands in his pockets. I nodded my head to the side, telling him to follow me. As we were talking threw the crowd of people, looking for some where to sit he stopped me, “Do you want a beer or something?” he asked.

“Just a water.” I told him. He nodded. “I’ll be sitting over there.” I pointed to a couch in the far corner of the room.

Brian disappeared toward the kitchen. I went over and sat down on the couch, hoping that no one came up to me to make small talk. I don’t understand why Jack insisted on me being here when he is nowhere in sight and Lex is acting strangely. Brian finally appeared, handing me a bottle of water and sat down next me. Neither of us wanted to be here, but we talked like we were old friends. It seemed like we were sitting here talking for hours, and no sign of Lex or Jack. I saw Rian and Zack; they talked to us for a little bit, but were both tipsy and left to go mingle with their friends.

"Have either of you seen Debby?" Alex asked after he appeared at the couch that me and Brian were sitting at.

"Nope and I like it that way." I said rudely. I know I shouldn't be taking my anger out on him but he's the only one I can right now since my poop heads have disappeared.

"Sorry man I haven't. And as much as I love my little sister I really don't care to see her right now." Brian said as he slumped down in his chair.

"What's wrong with you?" Alex questioned Brian.

"Other than the fact that the one girl who I love more than life itself doesn't remember me and it’s all my fault. And she would be perfectly fine if I had just listened to her and not take up for Debby. So maybe I am holding some sort of a grudge." I smiled at his bitter tone. Someone else who has some bitterness toward that girl.

"We’ll let me know if you find her." He said.

"It's not that big of a house she can't be too far. Or maybe she just left you high and dry like the bitch she is." I replied bitterly. Alex just shook his head and walked away.

Once he walked away I realized something. "Jack said that we would be asked something tonight and we would need to help. Do you think that's what he meant?" I asked Brian.

"I guess." He shrugged, “he was dead set on us staying together so what else could it really be?"

"So I guess we go find Debby." I sighed and stood up, holding out my hand for him. He put his hand in mine and I pulled him up.

We made our way through the crowd of semi drunk people. We went over to the stairs and there was Alex about to go upstairs. We were walking down the hall calling Debby's name. I heard some shuffling around a voice coming from one of the rooms.

"Is that Selena?" Brian asked highly confused. We all looked at each other with the same confused look.

"It can't be, she's in Texas." I shook my head.

"Ow! Shit!" The voice said.

Brian already had his hand in the doorknob and opened it quickly. We all were shocked to not only see Selena standing there holding duct tape in her hands but Debby lying passed out on the floor.

"What the fuck did you do?!" Brian yelled as he and Alex rushed to Debby's side and tried to wake her up. I couldn't move I just stood there staring at Selena.

"She's fine but won't wake up for a while." Selena explained calmly.

Something snapped inside of Brian and he stood up, glaring at Selena. "Wait, why did you do this? You're stuck in 2009 and you guys are friends so what the hell?" He growled at her.

"I can't give you the answers you need right now. But please don't be mad at me." Her voice was quiet and vulnerable.

"Well you better fucking tell me what you did to her! She's pregnant for god sakes!" Alex yelled causing her to jump.

Selena rolled her eyes. "She got what she deserved!"

"Sweetie do you have your memory back?" I asked cautiously because frankly she was scaring me.

"No." She started to say but was interrupted by Lex and Jack coming into the room. Neither of them were fazed by the scene in here. Them and Selena just stood in the corner and talked in hushed tones.

"What the fuck is going on here?!" Brian demanded.

"Be patient!" Jack grumbled.

"You expect us to be patient when Debby is unconscious on the floor?" Alex yelled in frustration as he tried to wake her again.

"Always worried about precious Debby." Selena said sarcastically which answered our question about her memory but why did she just lie to me then? "Maybe if y'all weren't so damn concerned about that horrid person none of us would be here right now."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Brain demanded. "And you said you didn't have your memory back so why are talking like you do?"

"Because I never lost it!" Selena spit out but quickly covered her mouth. My eyes widened with shock, how did I not see that one coming? I've known her since I was seven, how could I not have noticed? I looked over at Brian who looked like he was going to pass out.

"No I was there in the hospital that day, I saw how you looked." Brian rambled in disbelief.

"As horrible as it sounds I am an actress." Selena said running her fingers through her hair.

"Fucking bitch!" Brian yelled and went to lunge at her but jack got in between then and put a protective arm around Selena.

"Don't you dare call her a bitch or hit her. You have no idea what the hell is going on." Jack said angrily. So I am guessing he knows about Selena's deception.

"You knew about this and didn't tell me? Some friend you are." Brian grumbled in frustration. I felt Brian's frustration.

"Demi, please don't be mad at me." Selena begged as she walked toward me.

"Why did you lie?" I asked.

"I had to protect everyone. I wanted to tell you but I couldn't." She said vulnerably. Then she turned to Brian, "I know you hate me right now, but please know that not a day went by that I stopped living you. It broke me to hurt you and Demi."

"Why did you lie? And why didn't you come to me if you were in trouble? I get you were staying with Alex but..." He trailed off and Selena cut him off.

"I didn't tell them if that's what you were thinking. Lex believed I had amnesia and was broken up about it. Jack knew from the second I opened my mouth in the hospital that I was faking and confronted me. He's been helping me ever since."

Suddenly the door flew open and Priscilla and another girl walked in. "We got it!" The girl cheered. Selena squealed and hugged her.

"Hey I picked the lock." Priscilla laughed. Selena rolled her eyes and hugged her too.

"I got the beer, don't I get a hug?" Lex joked.

"You got a hug already doofus." Selena stuck out her tongue at him.

"She's waking up." Alex announced. I looked over and Debby was squirming and tried to sit up but couldn't.

"What happened?" She groaned.

"That's what I would like to know." Alex stated.

"I chloroformed her." Selena said proudly.

"Should have hit her with a damn brick." The girl grumbled.

"Lisa, we didn't want to be violent." Lex chastised her. Ah so she is the girlfriend. Last I saw her she was blonde.

"And why would you do that?" Alex snapped.

"Because she is a bitch who was blackmailing my cousin and we got the proof." Priscilla snapped back and held up a DVD.

“Blackmailing her with what? And for what?” Alex asked astonished as he helped Debby up.

“They are lying.” Debby said shocked.

“Did you miss the part where I said we have proof?” Priscilla rolled her eyes in disgust.

“You probably foraged whatever proof you have.” Debby snorted.

“Selena, tell them what’s going on.” Jack urged her. She took a deep breath and whispered something to him. He kissed the top of her head and whispered something back, whatever it was it gave her the courage to speak up.

“First off I want to say sorry to everyone for being incredibly selfish and trying to save my own ass and not stepping up a long time ago. For lying to everyone and hurting you all in the process.” I could see the tears in her eyes as she spoke so I know whatever is coming next is really bad. “The day I broke things off with Brian I went over to the Shake It Up studio to hang out with Bella and Zendaya. And well I accidentally overheard a conversation that Debby was having on the phone, this information she doesn’t want to get out. So she did the natural thing a person would do who has a secret, she blackmailed me with videos that I don’t want out. Videos that could ruin my career and my reputation.”

“And we have the videos, and will destroy them after this.” Priscilla stated.

Lex was now standing behind Selena with his chin resting on her head as he rubbed her arms. Jack stood next to them, glaring at Debby. They are being really protective over her which made my stomach twist in knots. I know this is bad. “So what are these videos and her supposed secret?” Brain asked in a bitter tone.

“See this is exactly why I lied! If it weren’t for Demi most likely hating for the rest of my life I would walk out of this room and let you assholes get hurt.” Selena said angrily.

“Dude seriously shut the fuck up.” Jack told Brian. “You will regret your words once this is all said and done.”

“You might want this.” Lisa took something out of her purse and threw it at Alex. It hit his chest and fell to the ground. He bent down and picked it up and looked up with a confused expression on his face. “Why would I need a pregnancy test? I may have long hair but I’m pretty sure I have a penis and not a vagina.” Alex said to Lisa.

“Because your girlfriend isn’t pregnant.” Selena said smugly. “She faked the one she took so she could trick you into staying with her and not breaking up with her for Demi.”

“How the hell do you fake that shit?” Alex raised an eyebrow.

“You really do underestimate what girls can do, bro.” Jack laughed amused as she shook his head.

“They are lying, why would I lie to you about something this important?” Debby told Alex in a whiny voice.

“What did she blackmail you with?” I asked curiously.

“Remember how she told you that she would hurt me if you didn’t stay away from Alex?” she asked and I nodded and shuttered at the memory. “She went into Brian’s loft and bugged it. I don’t know when or how, but she did. And the videos that could ruin me are of me and Brian having sex in various rooms.”

I gasped and looked over at Brian whose face is now pale. Guilt was written all over his face. And Alex looked like he was about to throw up. Rage took over my body and I stalked over to Debby and slapped her hard across the face. I went to start wailing on her when someone pulled me back. “It’s not worth it, Demi.” Jack told me.

“Let me go, I’m going to fucking kill her!” I thrashed around in Jack’s arms.

“Is this true?” Alex asked Debby.

“Oh sure believe them? Demi has being trying to get back with you for months and Selena will make up anything to get Demi what she wants.” Debby threw her hands up in the air.

“Shut the hell up Debby!” Brian barked. “Why the hell would you put cameras in my house? And why would you threaten my girlfriend? I never did anything to you so why would you hurt me?”

“She was never your girlfriend!” Debby fired back. “And we both know that you’re just a rebound anyways so why would you waste your time, I did you a favor!”

Brian went to say something but Selena cut in. “I may not have been his girlfriend, but we were working toward something official and you ruined it. You tore me from the best relationship I ever had. And Brian never was a rebound for me, I’m in love him. And obviously you don’t care about him at all because a good friend won’t break the heart of a friend. Who cares if I had been using him, it’s not your place to ruin the relationship, and you’re supposed to be there to pick up the pieces.”

Brian opened his mouth but closed it and just stared at Selena. She looked like she was going to say something to him, but I could see the fear in her eyes. Alex handed Debby the pregnancy test and she looked at him weird. “Take the damn test, right now.” he demanded.

“So you believe them? How do you know they aren’t bluffing with that DVD?” she exasperated.

“I’m not lying!” Selena yelled then snatched the DVD from Priscilla and went over to the TV and put the DVD in. I was shocked that she was going to show this to the entire room. Thankfully though when it first came on it wasn’t Selena and Brian having sex. At first it was just them cuddling on his bed but it soon escaladed from there.

“Okay that’s enough. I think that proves everything.” Jack said as he bolted to the TV, turning it off. That was shocking to me, I would I have thought the most immature guy I know would want to see free porn. But he seemed to be really protective over Selena. He wrapped his arms around her as she hid her face in his chest. I am really thankful that he is there for her though. Once again my blood began to boil, she was going to leak this and ruin everything that Selena has worked for her entire life. If anyone in this industry deserves the fame, it’s Selena. She’s the most humble and talented person I know. Once again I lunged for her; I got one good punch in before someone pulled me away from her. “You ever mess with my friends again and I will kill you!” I screamed at her.

“We are not adding murder to your resume.” Lex said.

“I’m taking your refusal for taking the pregnancy test as you’re lying and Selena is right. So go to tell Debby, I never want to see you again.” Alex snapped at her then came over to me, cupping my face in his hands and kissing me hard on the lips.

“Get a room!” Lex laughed as Jack yelled, “Someone’s getting laid tonight!”

“Fuck off!” Alex laughed at them as he intertwined our fingers. I laughed as I looked around and saw that Debby had disappeared. “Want to get out of here?” he asked me.

“Um...” I bit my lip then looked over at Selena who looked sad. “Give me a minute.” I told him then went over to Selena. “I understand why you did what you did, and I forgive you for lying.”

“Thanks.” She smiled at me then hugged me tightly. “Go get your man; you two deserve a happy ending.”

I looked over at Alex who was smiling brightly, “You get yours too.” I winked at her then turned to Brian, “You take care of my girl, or I will castrate you.” I pointed my finger at him.

“I plan on it.” he smiled.

“So is everyone getting laid tonight but me?” Jack pouted.

“Who says you aren’t.” Priscilla smirked.

“Now that’s settled, lets get out of here.” I said then grabbed Alex’s hand and walked out of the room.

We walked through the crowd of people, had to stop a few times to say hi to people that we hadn’t seen yet tonight. Finally we made our way to the backyard. We walked over to a tree and Alex sat down with his back against the trunk and motioned for me to sit in between his legs. I felt my cheeks heat up as I walked over and sat down. I sat with my back against his chest and rested my head against his shoulder. Alex intertwined our fingers and rubbed circles on the back of my hands with his thumbs. “I know I just broke up with Debby, but we both know that was a long time coming, we planned this…” he rambled causing me to giggle.

“Get to the point Alexander.” I kissed his cheek.

“Demetria,” he teased, “will you be my girlfriend?”

“I thought you’d never ask.” I smiled widely.

“I know this is corny, but you’ve seriously made me the happiest man alive.” He said as he kissed my forehead. “There’s something I need to do.” he said then reach into his pocket and pulled out his phone.

“What are you doing?” I questioned.

“Giving some advice to my fans.” He snickered. I didn’t ask any questioned I just watched what he typed out on his phone.

Don’t date actresses, because well…they’re actresses, they act.

After he sent the tweet I smacked his chest. “Dude, you’re dating an actress right now. And you sorta quoted Selena, so I'm not sure if that's a dig at her or Debby.”

“One, I know, but I’ve never viewed you as an actress. You’ve always been my sexy rock star." He said sweetly. "And two, I would never diss Selena. She's a sweet girl and I understand why she lied, Debby on the other hand is just a witch who just wanted her own way.”

I shook my head and smiled, “you’re something, but I wouldn’t have you any other way.”

In this moment, just sitting here with Alex, looking up at the stars, I felt like my life was complete. I am with the man I have loved since I was a teenager, I am healthy and happy for the first time in my life, I have an amazing family and friends, and I have the best fans a girl could as for. There is nothing else in life that I need.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I just realized that I posted the wrong chapter yesterday. This chapter was supposed to be posted yesterday, not the Selena chapter. But it's nearly the same thing except for the beginning and the end. So here is this chapter early since I messed up. I'll post the Valentine's Day chapters some time over the weekend or early next week.

How adorable are Alex and Demi? I love them together. I wish they would get back together in real life.