Beautiful Mistake

Promise

“Daaad,” I stretched out the ‘a’ in Dad over the phone.

“Honey, I’ve been reading the tabloids and well,” He trailed off.

“Well?”

“Well are the rumors true? Are you with this Zayn fellow?”

“I don’t know. What exactly are the tabloids saying?”

“Well it’s not just what they’re saying. They have pictures. Lots of pictures.”

I rolled my eyes, “You’re overreacting. We’re seeing each other. We’re just not official yet. We don’t really want to put labels on our relationship or get too serious too fast, you know?”

“Overreacting? Honey there are pictures of you snogging on the front page of every major tabloid. Imagine my surprise, when I walk by the newsstand and all I see are pictures of you.”

“I know this isn’t exactly like the other boys I dated, but really we’re just taking things slow. We don’t want to get in too deep. Both of us aren’t really looking to commit just yet.”

“Well,” He huffed into the receiver, “Just be careful. You know boys these days. They just want that one thing and they’ll toss you to the side. I just don’t want you to get hurt.”

“I know. I’ll be careful. I promise.”

Image

We stumbled out of the elevator, our hearts racing and our lips locked. Our bodies clung to each other and I could feel every contour of his body through his wet shirt. His tangled themselves in my rain-soaked hair. The visceral sensation of his lips parting mine and his tongue found mine and captured me in a long, drugging kiss as we staggered to the flat door.

Our lips separated, when I had to dig through my pockets for my keys. I was dizzy. It felt like all the blood had left my brain to go to my lips that were full and throbbing.

Zayn continued to plant kisses on my temple and then moved to my ear, nibbling ever so lightly.

I finally found my keys in my coat pocket and shoved the key into the lock, twisting it open. I pressed to my lips to his neck, feeling his pulse quicken against my lips. My hands tugged on the waistband of his jeans.

“Harrumph.”

Both of us froze in our positions, our limbs tangled, me trying to unbutton his jeans, Zayn’s hands peeling off my shirt.

“Dad,” I gasped, my breathing ragged and my cheeks flushed. “I didn’t know you were coming.”

“I came over to apologize for earlier today. I wanted to say that I had right to treat you like a hormone-crazed teen.”

“Um,” I mumbled, “Apology accepted,” My mind was wading through an ecstasy-filled fog. “Have you eaten? I was planning on making lasagna.”

My dad had a sly smirk and devious glint in his eye, “Sure. I can eat.”

“Just let me change out of these wet clothes and I’ll start,” I grinned, completely oblivious. Zayn had that effect on me. He made me lose touch with the real world. “Oh and this is Zayn. Zayn this is my Dad.” I padded down the hall to my room, with Zayn following.

Zayn pulled open his designated drawer and started changing into a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know my Dad would be here,” I pulled on a sweater and pants.

“Don’t worry about it. I guess it was getting to be time to meet the parents,” He gave me a wry smile.

I smiled, “Yeah, I guess,” I pressed my lips against his for a quick kiss, “Time to feed you to the lion,” Our fingers intertwined and we headed down the hallway to see my Dad watching football on the telly, yelling at the screen. I pressed my lips against his in a chaste kiss and we parted ways. He took a seat with my father and I started dinner.

Image

“So what are you planning with my daughter?” Jack turned his steely-eyed gaze to the young boy next to him. He saw in his eyes the youth and inexperience. The naiveté. They didn’t carry the pain and knowledge of loss that Jack’s held.

“Look, sir, I just want to say: I don’t know if we’ll last two more days or forever, but I love your daughter more than anything in the world. I won’t ever hurt her. I just want you to know that and understand that.”

“Son,” He paused, “You and my daughter are a lot alike. You both like making me promises that you don’t know if you can keep.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you liked it! Please review and let me know your thoughts!