Status: On going. This is not perfect writing, but I'm trying

Addison Academy

Prologue - Larissa's POV

America - 2005

Looking down at Ebony in her Moses basket never got old. She had only been born a few weeks back and her body was the size of a 3 month old; yes, she grows fast. Her brown hair was long, which made her perfect. From the first moment of seeing her beautiful face, I knew that she would be different. In addition, her hair was the reason she got her name, is suited her perfectly though. Her eyes opened to me, they were just as perfect as her fathers, sapphire blue, which had always made me smile. Opening her small mouth slightly only showed her milk teeth. I will admit, it was weird at first. Nevertheless, I had gotten used to it, what would expect for a child who had half vampire blood running through her veins. I smiled at her as she made her small sound, which I knew meant ‘feed me’. How could I forget from my last child. Therefore, I picked her up and held her against me.

“Hello angel. Is my little Ebony hungry?” my voice was soft and slightly child-like as I held her against my chest. I knew from the look on her face that she could sense my blood running round my body, but she never bit me, unlike her brother when he was her age. I sat down in the rocking chair by the window, watching what was left of the night go by. It was never that bad to feed her. Breast-feeding was my way of life, the only thing that really reminded me that I was human in a world that had evil all around. Plus, this was the only way to get the vitamins that the human half of her body needed, but also feed the vampire side of her. Yes, she didn’t only take milk from me, but blood too.

Holding my sweet angel in one arm and with the other I unbuttoned the top of my shirt enough so that my breast was easier to get to for her. Maternity bras were always best for times like these. I loosened the strap and held Ebony to my breast. It was not long till her teeth where around my breast. I waited for the sharp pain to come from her teeth sinking into my skin. After only a moment, that pain was gone. By now, I was used to it, after all, I had my first child, Ambrosius, 2 years ago and he had fed from me the same way for a year.

I smiled down at Ebony as she fed, her small hand resting against my skin. I began to sing a lullaby in Russian, the same lullaby that my mother had sung to me as a small child.

Ebony eyes always watching me all the same.

Moments later, I heard the sound of someone clearing their thought, and it was not hard to guess who it was. My voice drifted off as I looked up and out towards the night away. I could see his reflection in the glass pain as he stood at the bedroom door. His broad shoulders almost took up the entire doorframe that complimented his extreme height of over 6 foot. His blonde hair hit his shoulders, but the front was gelled back out of the way, exaggerated pale skin, he was insanely handsome for a vampire, Antonio, and he was all mine.

Dabro pajalavat damoi, Antonio.” I looked over my shoulder slowly as I welcomed him home once again and smiled lovingly at him before turning back to her. Eyes flickering upwards towards the direction of the door then back to me. I had always forgotten how at times her eyes would shin like stars in the darkened nights.

“Larissa!” his voice was soft as he spoke me name, putting on a bit of a Russian accent to give it more of a ring to it. Although he had only travelled to Russia, he still was able to place a perfect accent to his lip. But no matter what, his voice was something that had always called to me. After all these years, you would have thought that it would have worn off on me and that I would be used to it. Yet, I had always been hooked.
Shaking my head, it also got on my nerves when he called me by my full name. It was just one of them things though. My mother was Russian, but my father, he was British. “Don’t! You know I hate being called that.”

I brushed Ebony’s hair back from her face and watched as she pulled away from my breast. With her left over saliva on my breast, it had caused it to heal quickly. Not as quick has it would be with a full vampire, but quick enough. I covered myself up and placed her comforter (her blanky) on my shoulder then her up to rest against it so I could burp her. Cooing sounds came to her lips as she saw her father then a little giggle.

“And I’ve told you. I won’t call you Lara because it’s not your birth name.” I could see from the window’s reflection that Antonio was making funny faces at Ebony, hence why she was giggling. I rolled my eyes at him and watched as he walked over to us, taking Ebony from my arms and held her close.

“Careful. She may burp on…” I laughed as Ebony did so and she giggled.

“Lovely Ebony.” Antonio rubbed his nose against hers.

I smiled and watched as he put her down into the basket. It made me happy when I saw him like this with her, but there had to be something up because it was not long after putting her down that his expression on his face changed into worry. Making my stomach knot when I saw it, but I did not ask. Not yet anyway! Ebony needed to sleep.

I slowly walked over and placed my head against his arm, smiling down at her. “She’s so beautiful.” I whispered as a small yawn over took her mouth. Very cute. Ebony’s eyes then began to close as tiredness took over her. Not fighting the sleep she needed after a good feed and a long night.

“Just like her mother.” Antonio mumbled, kissed the top of my head then he pulled away and headed out the room. I shook my head once more and followed him. I did not like it when he was like this, and I had to know what was wrong. What had happened tonight that had made him act like this? It made me feel sick to the stomach, and worse, like I was being locked out again.

“What is it? What’s happened?” I asked as I followed his path. When he did not turn or answer me. So I speeded up and placed my hand on his shoulder “Antonio?”

Stopping in his tracks, he stiffened and then shrugged me off. “Nothing…” there was anger and lies in his tone of voice. He began to walk away from me once again and headed towards our room. He was not going to push me out. Not this time!

“Don’t do this! Not this time. What is it? What’s wrong?” Yet again, nothing was said. “I wish to know Antonio, and this time I want the truth. The whole truth.”

He stopped once again and turned on the balls of his feet. Anger was a wall across his face and he spoke with a venomous tone in his voice. “You wish to know? You know what I wish. I wish for my wife not to know. I am in control of this Larissa. Not you.” His step towards me did scare me, more than usual, but I was used to being scared. I guess I had to lock it all down. “You are here to mother my children and not to comment on things that don’t concern you.”

I flinched away; this was one argument that felt like I had been punched in the gut, or worse. My eyes began to fill and I knew he had begun to felt regret for what he had just said to me.

Antonio took yet another step towards me with his hands offered towards me “Lara, I’m…”

“Don’t you dare say you’re sorry…” I spat at him. “I’m your wife, for better, for worse, and you tell me nothing. I have a right to know. I’m more than just mothering your children. Our children! And I’m sure to hell I’m not something you can boss about.” Storming past him was the best way to get out of this right now. I had a job to do, and that was being a mother to my son. Hoping that he would be still fast to asleep.

Opening the door slowly, I saw my son sat up in bed rubbing his eyes. A yawn came from him and he looked towards me. His blond hair that was messy on top of his head that made him look very handsome, even at his age. His bottle green eyes where just like mine, but stood out in the dark, just like his sisters.

“Mommy…?” he mumbled sleepily.

I sat down on the bed just next to him and brushed his messy hair away from his face. As a mother, it was hard to see that your child was sad. Most of all, it was harder to know that it was partly your fault
“What darling?” I asked him as I pulled his 10 year old body into my arms and held him there. It was strange seeing my 3 year old son the size he was. But his aging had slowed over the years, which was hard to understand. I was happy though. Antonio had told me that by the age of 5 there aging would slow all together and start aging at normal speed till all together it would stop.

“Are… are you and daddy fighting again?”

Kissing his head and looking towards the door, Antonio stood leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed over his chest. I let my voice soften as I spoke to Ambrosius “No baby.” looking back down at him.

“Mommy and Daddy were just talking.” I lied, not wanting him to worry. I didn’t need him up most of the day that he slept. I was having that with Ebony.

Yes. My days had also been flipped over.

“Why were you shouting then?” he whispered against my shirt and closed his eyes too.

I took a deep breath and looked over to Antonio again. “It’s nothing. Just go back to sleep.”

Ambrosius climbed back off my lap and laid back down in bed. It wasn’t long till he was asleep again. I kissed his head before leaving the room. Antonio had moved enough for me to close the door to, then stormed past him again. It would get to him all the more, then he would break.

I heard our bedroom door close behind as I headed over to the window next to the bed, wrapping my arms around myself as I watched the night end.

His hand grabbed my shoulder and pulled me round to look at him. My eyes looked anywhere but him. “Would you just stop.” his voice was harsh again.

I slowly brought my eyes to meet his. “Why don’t you make me? Oh…” I let out a sarcastic laugh “… wait, you can’t.” I spat again. I put Vervain in everything I ate and drank. All my life I had done so. That was only due to my mother believing in the undead. Which she had the right to believe in. “Now, let go.” I really was not in the mood for his mood, and sure as hell wasn’t going to take his crap. “Antonio Harriet James Hale, let go of me.”

His hand tightened around my arm and I pulled at it slightly.

“If you’re not going to tell me, then let go.” Again, his hand tightened more, and the pain began to take place. “Ow…! That hurts… Antonio.”

He had only released me from his grip when a loud band came from down the stairs.

“Damn…” vanishing out the room from in front of me.

As soon as he had gone, I ran to the baby’s room and picked her up as she began to cry.

“Shshsh… its okay, mommy’s here.”

That had only been the start of the attack on my family. After everyone had found out about us, that was when things had gotten hard. Antonio kept it from me that night about what was going on and I nearly died because he did not tell me. Now, I know. I know that my family was in danger because of Antonio’s love for me and my love for him. Humans and Vampires where never meant to mix, and when they did, a war would come from it. The Vampire Council did their best to look out for us and that I am grateful for.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited by Becky :)

Russian to English

Dabro pajalavat damoi = Welcome home