Status: One Shot

If They Only Knew

I

HAYLOR SNAPPED IN TATTOO PARLOR!
I turned to the first page of my new magazine and sighed when I saw a, rather blurry, photo of Harry and Taylor in a tattoo parlor. I scanned over the few blurred snaps of the two before bringing myself to reading the column about the two.
It seems that things are heating up between Taylor Swift and One Direction’s Harry Styles when the two were photographed together in a local tattoo parlor in LA. The two superstars were discovered laughing and flirting openly, sharing glances, dopey smiles and gentle touches. On lookers say the two looked very smitten in each other’s company…


I snapped the magazine closed and threw it away from me, it landed behind one of the couches with a light ‘thud.’ Nervously I began unconsciously gnawing at my thumbnail as my eyes flicked over to the hallway door. Slowly I rose and padded toward the door pulling it open and tiptoeing down the hallway before coming to a stop outside his door. Resting my hand on the smooth wooden surface I bit down on my nail it snapped off between my teeth, quickly I spat it out and pressed on the door.

A sliver of silvery light filtered through the crack between his drawn curtains, in the light I saw his curls splayed across his pillow, the curve of his naked shoulder and the way his chest moved as he breathed. Soft snores fell from his lips and a smile spread across my face as I slowly walked toward him.

It had been three months since I last saw him, three months since he had been pulled away from me for another tour, another continent another time zone.

I knelt down in front of him my silvery blonde hair falling in front of my eyes; quickly I curled the strands behind my ears so that I could get a clear image of him.

I had reminded myself that everything the magazines were saying were nothing but viscous rumors about Harry, none of it was true he had assured me every night before I drifted off to sleep. He had promised me that none of what they were saying were true.

Even with his reassuring there was a small nauseating thought in the back of my mind that kept poking it’s vile head reminding me that Taylor Swift is a famous star, what management are looking for, she and Harry could easily be seeing each other.

My nose began to tingle and tears formed in my eyes. I shook my head inhaling deeply.

Don’t cry! It’s not real, they’re just assuming things, none of it is real.

I bit my tongue and looked away from Harry quickly swiping my eyes.

Stupid girl!

I cussed myself for being so weak.

“Sylvia?” his voice was thick with sleep, turning my head I looked at him, his eyes had cracked open and he was staring at me.

“Hey,” I smiled trying to hide my tears. “Sorry… I’ll just go…” I began to get to my feet when one of his hands reached out and gently grasped my wrist.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing,” I lied, he always knew when I was upset and I hated it.

“Liar,” his tone was light and playful but there was seriousness in the undertones. “Sylvie, babe what’s wrong? Why are you crying?”

“I’m not crying…”

“Then why is you’re wrist wet?” he cut in.

Damn it! my habit of wiping my tears with the back of my wrist had caught me out and now I had to explain.

“It’s alright Harry, just go back to sleep.”

“Sylvia I’m not going to sleep until you tell me what’s wrong, what’s made you cry Love?”

I bit my lip and tried to think how I was going to tell him. Finally taking a deep breath I spoke, “I just, I read somewhere about you and Taylor and…” my chest constricted at the mention of the singers name and I had to fight the urge to cry. “I’m sorry Harry… I’m so sorry, I know you said it was rumors, that I was never to believe what they write in the magazines but I can’t help it sometimes. I mean she’s beautiful and she’s the one that management are trying to get you with and I s’pose it just scares me that maybe…”

I was silenced when he reached out and clicked the bedside lamp on, the sudden brightness causing my eyes to squint in pain, I looked up at him meeting his emerald coloured irises and a shiver ran down my spin at the emotion behind them. It was a mixture between sadness and anger. I gulped and squirmed pulling my eyes away from his.

“I’m sorry Harry, I try real hard I really do but we both know that management don’t like us together…”

“I don’t care what they do and don’t like,” he snapped at me and I winced at the intensity in his tone, “I love you Sylvie and nothing is going to change that.” His tone softened and I hesitated to look at him, but when I did he was staring intently at me.

“I love you Harry, God do I love you,” I stated he looked at me before shaking his head and getting to his feet a frustrated sigh leaving his lips as he wandered over to his dresser. “W-what are you doing?” I stuttered my heartbeat rising with fear as I slowly pushed myself onto my feet.

“Well I was going to wait but…” he pulled open his first drawer and began feeling around before he stopped. I caught a glimpse of green before the drawer was pushed closed and he turned to face me a light smile spread across his face. My brows knotted together in confusion as he stepped toward me. “I think now would be a good time.”

“What are you going on about Harry?” I asked, he chuckled as he ran his fingers through his curls.

“I’m sick of all this shit that is going down Sylvia, I love you and only you, what management don’t know about us is everything we have done. The nights we spent up together just talking and cuddling, the conversations, all the ‘I love you’s’ everything and I am sick of them trying to hide the truth so…” he trailed off when he got closer and I watched him as he sank to one knee, my heart beat was going crazy and my hands had begun to shake along with my breathing. “Sylvia Jane Kenney will you do me the honor of becoming my wife… no more hiding this, I want the world to know the girl that has captured my heart, I want everyone to know that you are the girl I want to be with the girl I wanna have a family with, the girl I wanna to grow old with, I want them to know that I will never be pulled away from you… ever!” my breathing hitched when he opened the green felt case and a silver banded diamond ring winked at me. A antique mine cut diamond ring.

“Yes,” I nodded my head a sob of happiness falling from my lips, Harry’s smile widened as I held out my left hand and he slipped the ring over my finger. I looked at the ring briefly before I was pulled flush against his chest and his lips were on mine in a passionate kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck and held him tightly.

“I love you Sylvie,” he smiled against my lips.

“I love you too Hazza,” I giggled pressing my lips against his again, the ring snuggled on my finger contently
♠ ♠ ♠
Well here is entry for the Take Me Home Contest, please leave a comment and tell me what you think. Greatly appreciated :D
Cheers
Esther :D