Imperfections

I saw her sitting there by the window inside the local coffee shop. Her crutches were tenderly placed by the wall next to her, and her non-existent leg poked out from the seat. I saw pity in customer's eyes as they glanced over at her, and the barista couldn't help herself from staring at it. But I knew exactly what Jessica dealt with on a daily basis. She didn't let her imperfections get the better of her. No. Jessica was a strong, brave, independent woman who thrived off of her imperfections because that was what made her so perfect.

Jessica Dahlin fought cancer when she was only nine years old. She beat it, and survived, but the cancer caused doctor's to need to amputate her leg in order to save her. She didn't mind, and has grown to love stub on her body because it reminds her everyday that she was a survivor.

But for others around her, including Zack Karlson, her stump of a leg is something to pity. But quickly Zack begins to realize that Jessica doesn't desire nor like the constant pity she recieves, and that she would much rather be treated like an average human being than instead of being treated as if she is on the endangered species list. Zack becomes intrigued by her confidence and wants to get to know her better, that is - if she'll let him.