Status: Welp... Don't hate me... Exploding feels...

A Match Into Water

You Kill Me (In A Good Way)

A MATCH INTO WATER

CHAPTER TWO: YOU KILL ME (IN A GOOD WAY)

KELLIN'S POV:

I rolled over in my bunk and looked at my phone. Two missed calls and several text messages from Vic. What could he possibly want? Oh. The memories from early that morning slammed into my already pounding head. Shit. I slid my thumb across the screen and typed in my password.

Victor: Kellin can we talk?
Victor: Kellin please text me back.
Victor: Shit. You're probably still asleep. You were wicked drunk last night.
Victor: Please respond to me as soon as you wake up.

I took a deep breath and typed out a reply.

Kells: Hey sorry I passed out as soon as I got on the bus. I'm also sorry about last night. Forget it ever happend?
Victor: Sure... You alright Kells??
Kells: Sure. As good as I can be. Worried sick about Cope. Hey when we stop do you want to go find some place with coffee? I'm in major need of caffiene.
Victor: Sure, man. I hope you hear from her soon. I'm worried too. Does anybody else know?
Kells: Nope. Just you... I'd like to keep it that way. Not everybody needs to know about how fucked my marraige is...
Victor: Of course. Looking forward to coffee. Got a hangover from hell. (;
Kells: (: It's a date.

I locked my phone and crawled out of my bunk. Damn it's already 12:37 in the afternoon. I walked in a zombie-like state into the other part of the bus and grabbed a water bottle and two asprin. I swallowed them both in one gulp of water. I yawned and looked at the other members on the bus, obviously hung over. I chuckled to myself and sat on the couch next to Jesse who was on Twitter on his phone, reading mentions from fans.

"Look who's alive. The great Kellin Quinn. Nice to see you didn't off yourself last night. You looked pretty upset." I knew he was joking, but his words hit too close to take it in the manner he meant. I gave him a convincing fake smile and leaned back against the couch.

"Nah. I was just pissed about the bus. I was almost asleep when we broke down." I sighed. "Where are we?" Jesse looked out of the window and checked the time. He shrugged.

"Somewhere in Texas? Hell if I know." I rolled my eyes at him and pulled out my phone. "So useful." I muttered. Texas meant we'd be in Dallas soon enough. Which meant coffee. Which meant I'd get to see Vic.

I was nervous about having coffee with him, but it's just two friends getting coffee together, right? Why was this freaking me out so much? I tried to shake off the uneasy feeling that was creeping into my body.

It was probably just the kiss that had me feeling so off. I can't believe I actually did that. I kissed my best friend. It didn't mean anything though. I was just upset and did something really irrational. That's it. I couldn't possibly have feelings for Vic. I laughed at the thought.

I opened my eyes to see Justin looking dead at me. Has he been glaring this entire time? He took his eyes off of me to do something on his phone. A few seconds later he was looking at me again and my phone buzzed. I looked down and saw Justin's name pop up. Confused, I unlocked my phone.

Justin: Really? U kissed him? R u fucking stupid? U have a damned wife you dick. Not all of us are lucky enough to have a girlfriend let alone wife. How could u cheat on her u fucking ass hole?!
Kellin: Excuse me? Do you even know what the fuck you're talking about?
Justin: I saw u. im not an idiot Kellin. Just dont fuck up again or shes going to hear about it. Got it?!
Kellin: You ignorant prick! You have NO IDEA what is going on between me and Katelynne! Nor Vic and I! Back off, bastard.

I pressed send and glared at Justin, fuming. He slammed his phone on the table and went back to his laptop. I rolled my eyes and shoved myself off of the couch. I swiftly passed Jack and Gabe who looked just as shocked as I felt.

How could he say that? He has no clue what I'm going through and has no right to accuse me of cheating on my wi-EX wife. Dumb ass. Why does he think I could possibly cheat on somebody? I am not that fucking shallow.

I threw my fist at the wall and heard whispers from the other part of the bus. A few moments later, Jesse came through the doorway and looked at me with wide eyes. "We're at the hotel," he stated simply and left. My hand ached for the second time.

I pushed passed the others and stormed off of the bus in search of Vic. I immediately walked over to Pierce the Veil's tour bus and knocked impatiently on their door. Mike opened the door and let me in.

Vic looked up from his phone and nodded. He grabbed a few things and follwed me out of the bus. I silently walked over to our manager and held out my hand for my room key. He raised an eyebrow, but handed me the key anyway. "You'll be sharing with Justin." I glared at him and demanded a different room. He sighed, frustrated. "You'll have to room with Vic and Mike if you aren't going to room with Justin."

"It's cool. He can stay with us." Vic stated and grabbed his room key. "Come on, Kells." We walked into the hotel, passed the front desk and stepped into the elevator. I crossed my arms and tapped my foot imaptiently waiting for the bell to signal the arrival at level three.

The doors opened and Vic stepped in front of me. He walked down the hallway and arrived at room 305. He pulled the key out of it's paper holder and slid it in the door. The light flashed green and let us in. Vic let me walk in front of him.

Hot tears streamed down my cheeks as I fell into the nearest chair. Vic put on arm over my shoulder and waited for me to calm down. "What happened, Kells? News about Cope?"

I shook my head and pulled my iPhone from my pocket. I unlocked it and pulled up Justin's messages. As Vic read them, his dark eyes widened and his jaw dropped. He slowly handed my the phone. I locked it and slammed my already sore fist into the soft chair.

"I can't- I don't even have words. What a dick." Vic said. His words dripping with as much digust as I felt. I shook my head, my leg bouncing rapidly with uncontrolled anger. Vic pulled me into a tight hug. It was nice. He was my only source of comfort during all of this madness.

"I just don't want to believe that it's happening. I mean, I understand I'm on the road a lot, but I contacted her and Cope as much as I possibly could. You know that!" I practically yelled the last sentence into Vic's shoulder. His arms constricted tighter in understanding. "I just can't do anything right, Vic. I'm a fuck up father, just like he was. I promised her I would never do to her what my so-called father did to me!"

I was sobbing, wetting the yellow hoodie, Vic favored. I felt bad getting it all wet. I lifted up and tried to brush the tears off of his shoulder. He held my shoulders half an arms length away. He lifted a hand to my cheek and wiped the slowly falling tears off.

"We'll get through this, Kellin, together. I promise you." I hugged him again. "Now, how about we clean up and go for some food and that coffee you promised?" He beamed at me. I couldn't help but smile. I nodded and wiped my face with the back of my hand.

"Yeah, we could both really use a shower," I laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
No note needed
Edited by Marie.
Her Twitter: @Ohwhaleohwhale
My Twitter: @KellicFTW
My Tumblr: KellicFTW
<3 Manda Leigh