Status: Welp... Don't hate me... Exploding feels...

A Match Into Water

The First Punch

A MATCH INTO WATER:

CHAPTER THREE: THE FIRST PUNCH

VIC'S POV:

Kellin and I walked down the street to a small coffee shop. God, I wish I knew what to say or what to do. We practically ignored Justin on the way out after putting our bags into the hotel room.

Everything seemed fine after a while of just talking about things of no importance. Kellin was actually smiling and laughing for the first time in days. He looked much more attractive when he smiled. I heard Kellin's phone go off with a short, high ding. He jumped a little, as if he knew who this particular tone belonged to. He pulled it out of his pocket and unlocked it. His smile immediately fell.

"Justin?" I asked. I shook his head. "Katelynne?" He nodded and typed out a response. It took him several minutes. He must have typed a huge paragraph. He finally set his phone on the table. He laced his fingers calmly and looked at me. "What?"

"Wait until I get my hands on that tiny throat of his. I will kill him and take pleasure in every. Damn. Second." He enuciated the last few words. I shook my head.

"He didn't..." Kellin nodded his head. His face tiwsted in a look of pure hatred.

"He did. Now K thinks I am a drunkard and gay and I only used her to have Cope and now she's living with her mother in New York and she's filing for divorce and custody of Copeland. She doesn't want me to have anything to do with her or her baby." His voice cracked on his last words. I shook my head.

"That bastard. Justin had no right to even speak to her." Kellin shook his head.

"No, he didn't, but what am I supposed to do? My marriage is ruined." I looked up at him. His eyes were dry. His voice, calm. "I won't ever get to see my baby grow up, Vic." He wasn't even going to cry. Must be numb. There's only so much you could possibly go through without going numb to every thing and everyone.

"Let's go back to the hotel. Maybe we can figure something out on the way." I started to grab my jacket from the back of the chair.

"No." He looked me with dangerous eyes. "Because if I see his disgusting face, I will rip him to shreds. And I can't afford to do that. Not now." I nodded, understanding. "Let's go to a bar or something." I looked at him.

"Kells, it's like 5:00. It's still light outside. You seriously want to go drinking now?" He nodded, grabbed his things and headed for the door. I left a tip on the table, grabbed my jacket and rushed out after him.

--------------

"Ah shit, Kells, you're heavy. Come on, help me out here." I had an arm around Kellin as support. He could barely stand. "I shouldn't have even let you walk into that bar." Kellin giggled.

"Vichter." He said, his speech slurred almost beyond comprehension. He tried to compose himself and speak once again. "Vichtor. I don't whant to gho bahck. Justin is a total dick and I hate him." I shook my head, frustrated.

Kellin bursted out in another fit of giggles. "Kellin, we need to get back. It's getting late and you are completely shit-faced. Come on, buddy. I am practically carrying you. Help me out a little."

He stood up, straightened out his hair and clothes and tried to walk by himself. He tripped over his own foot and fell through the front door of the hotel. He turned over and giggled again. "Dammit, Kells." I picked him up, waved to the concerned-looking girl at the front desk, and walked him to the elevator.

The doors opened shortly after the bell sounded. I looked into the hallway, making sure nobody from the bands were out of their rooms. I drug Kellin as fast as possible to our room. I pulled out my key and tried to insert it into the door. Kellin swatted it out of my hands and pushed me against the wall.

"What the hell, Kellin? Let me open the door." He shook his head. His lips were parted. All I could smell was the alcohol from his breath. "Come on, dude. Let me go." He tightened his grip on me. "Kellin. That's starting to hurt." His eyes looked hungry. And I was his prey. Shit.

"Kellin fucking Bostwick. Let me go, now. I don't want to hurt you. I don't want to make a scene. Let go." He shook his head and leaned in closer to my face.

"I want you, Vic." I rolled my eyes and looked him in the eyes, beginning to panic.

"No, Kellin, you don't. You're drunk. Let go of me." I tried pulling away again. He pushed me back against the wall once more and my head hit hard. He seemed to have heard it and loosened his grip.

He shook his head. "Shit. Vic, I am so sorry." I rubbed the back of my head as a kneeled down to pick up the dropped room key. "Vic, are y- Are you okay?" I nodded and unlocked the door. Kellin stood in the same place, swaying slightly, looking worried. I grabbed his waist and put an arm around him.

"Come on, drunk ass. You need a shower and a lot of sleep."

"Hey, where have you two been?" Mike asked as I opened the door, dragging Kellin my the arm. "Woah!" Mike ran over to grab Kellin's other side, as he almost fell. We walked Kellin over to the nearby couch. I handed him the car and room keys. "Damn, this is what you've been doing?" Mike's face was etched with concern. Kellin looked up at us and started giggling.

"Oh shit. Not again, Kellin!" Mike looked back and fourth between Kellin and I. He motioned for me to follow him.

"Vic, what the hell. He was wasted last night and now you got him drunk all over again?" I shook my head.

"No, it's not like that. He's having a rough time with-" I stopped myself. Kellin didn't want anybody to know. "He just isn't doing so well right now and he wanted to have some fun. So I let him. I didn't drink at all. I wanted to be ablt to take care of him. He kind of needs me." Mike nodded in agreement as Kellin rolled off of the bed and laughed again. I shook my head and rolled my eyes.

"I'll go stay with someone else, tonight. You get him sbered up and showered. He wreaks of alcohol." I gave him a hug and walked back over to Kellin who hadn't moved from the floor. He had found interest with the tassles on the throw pillow from the couch. I kneeled down and got his attention. His glassy, unfocused eyes set onto my dark, sober ones.

"Come on, Kells. Let's get you showered up." He violently shook his head and tried to get up off of the floor, falling over several times, before finaly succeeding. He stumbled over to the bed in the other room and plopped down. I waved to Mike as he left the room with his bag.

I made my way into the small kitchen area and started making a pot of coffee, just big enough for two cups full. I turned the pot on and went into the bedroom. I hadn't heard anything out of Kellin. I looked at him, his hair strewn out across the pillow and plastered to his face. I slowly undressed him and covered him with the thick, white blanket.

"Sleep well, Kells."
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited by Marie.
Her Twitter: @Ohwhaleohwhale
My Twitter: @KellicFTW
My Tumblr: KellicFTW
<3 Manda Leigh