Status: Welp... Don't hate me... Exploding feels...

A Match Into Water

Stined Glass Eyes and Colorful Tears

A MATCH INTO WATER:

CHAPTER FOUR: STAINED GLASS EYES AND COLORFUL TEARS:

KELLIN'S POV:

I awoke the next morning with a pounding headache. What on Earth did I do last night? I lifted my head slightly off the pillow. What the hell? Vic had his arm across my chest and was curled up next to me. His lips parted as he breathed heavily. His chest rose and fell slowly. He's so cute when he sleeps.

Did i just think that? Get a grip Kellin. I slowly slipped his arm off and out of the clean, white linens. Vic shifted slightly and rolled over. I breathed a sigh of relief I hadn't been aware I was holding. I looked down at myself and noticed I wasn't wearing much. Just my boxers. Did Vic do that?

I could barely remember yesterday. My breath shook as memories flooded my head. She had divorced me and took my baby girl. I sank to my knees and stared at the floor, thoughts attacking me. I didn't even notice Vic wake up and get out of bed. I felt his warm hands on my shoulders. I jumped at the sudden touch.

My mind was clouded over and my eyes were fuzzy as I tried looking up at the dark figure in front of me. He wasn't wearing a lot of clothes either. I looked at him, unfocused, slowly coming back to reality. I blinked several times before my vision cleared. Vic looked worried. I glanced at his arms that were holding me. Bruises. Large bruises on both arms in the shape of hand prints.

"Vic," He nodded, the look of worry not faltering. "Your arms." He glanced down at his arms and shook his head.

"It's nothing, Kells. You okay?" I nodded slowly, still not all there. "Come on. Stand up. We'll get you over to the couch." I slowly raised up off the floor and into a standing position with a lot of help from Vic. I staggered over to the couch and sat down. I finally looked around the room.

Vic reappeared seconds later with a glass of water, two asprin tablets, and a muffin. He sat on the couch next to me and I looked at him. Vic lifted a hand and ran it through my hair. I closed my eyes and relaxed into his touch.

"What happened last night?" Vic shook his head and rolled his eyes.

"You decided drinking in the middle of the day was a brilliant idea. You drank until about midnight, I believe." I groaned and tilted my head back. "Yeah, you were gone." Vic looked at me. There was something in his eyes, I couldn't quite tell what, but it was something... different. Something I'd never seen in his eyes when he looked at me.

"I am so sorry. You didn't have to put up with me. I could've just gone by myself." I said, feeling more than a little guilty. He smiled and touched my shoulder lightly.

"If I had let you go by youself, I would have been worried about you all night. I'm glad I was there. I don't even blame you for getting hammered." I smiled and patted the hand he had on my shoulder.

"Thank you. Are you going to tell me what happened to your arms? Those bruises look like hand prints." Vic removed his hand and stood up.

"Want to go for some food? I'm starving." I gave him a questioning look, not wanting to push the subject. I nodded and looked at his bare body, then at mine. "Yeah, we should proabably get dressed. And you need a shower." Vic gave me one of his dazzling, crooked smiles. I couldn't help but grin.

--------------

VIC'S POV:

I stepped into the hot spray of the shower head. He didn't remember. I shook my head and leaned back into the water, letting it hit my face. I rubbed the back of my head where it had hit the wall. My fingers ran over a sizeable lump. Good thing I have a lot of hair to cover that up. I won't tell him what happened. He doesn't need more to worry about than he already has.

I finished up my shower and dried myself off. I opened the door to find Kellin sitting on the edge of the bed with his wet hair in his face. He looks like he hasn't moved since I got in the shower. "Kellin?"

His head popped up and his eyes went wide. He looked embarrassed. His face started turning red. "Vic, I am so sorry." I raised my eyebrows and looked at him.

"What are you talking about, Kellin? You didn't do anything." He shook his head and grabbed my arm. I looked into his eyes. Those eyes... It's like he was looking into my soul... As cheesy as that sounds. "Kellin?" He looked down at my arm, the prominant bruises showing.

"I did this," He said. His voice shaking. I looked down at the floor and bit my lip. "I did. Didn't I?" He dropped my arm and sat back down on the bed. My silence was better than any answer or excuse I could think of. He sighed and put his head in his hands. "I tried to think of what happened yesterday. Not remembering was killing me. I remember it, now. It's fuzzy, but I know I did that to you."

I sat next to him on the bed. "Kellin, you were drunk. I don't blame you for anything." I put a hand on his bare shoulder. His breath hitched and his body went rigid. I quickly removed my hand and he slowly relaxed.

"Vic, get dressed," he said to me without even looking at me. He got off of the bed and dressed himself quickly and silently. I followed suit. "You ready?" He asked as he grabbed his phone and slid it into his back pocket. I nodded and picked up the room keys. I handed him one and walked towards the door.

Kellin and I knocked on Jaime's door. I heard shuffling and the door unlock. Jaime was standing in his boxers leaning on the door. His eyes half opened. "What do you want? It's too early for this." I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"Jaime, it's like three," I laughed. " I need Mike. He didn't want to bother me last night. He slept here, right?" Jaime turned around and looked around the room. He shook his head.

"He isn't here. Sorry." He was about to shut the door. "Oh wait. He went to Justin's 'cause he has the extra bed." He looks over toward Kellin. "And Kellin was staying with you." I nodded and looked at Kellin. "Something wrong? You three looked really peeved yesterday." I shook my head.

"Nah. Nothing. Thanks, man." Jaime closed the door and I looked at Kellin. "Justin's it is. You can stay over here if you want." Kellin nodded. I walked down the hallway a bit and knocked on the door.

Justin looked like he had been awake for a while. He had a cup of coffee in hand. "What's up?" Suck it up, Vic.

"Mike here?" Justin nodded and let me in. I walked over to the bed with a huge lump in it. "Mike. Hey, bud. You have the keys to the rental? I gave them to you last night." He groaned and pointed to the bedside table. "Thanks."

I took them, waved to Justin, and left the room. Kellin was zoned out, staring at the ceiling. "Come on, Kells." We walked to the elevator in silence, Kellin still looking dazed. We walked out to the rental car and unlocked it. I slid into the drivers seat and started the car. I turned on the radio and turned up the volume. Kellin leaned his head against the window. I began driving towards the nearest El Chico. I was dire need of a burrito.

Kellin's a mess. He can't even pull his head out of his thoughts long enough to have a conversation. Dammit. There's aboslutely nothing I can do to make him feel better. I'm not Katelynne or Copeland...That beautiful baby who resembels Kellin so much...will never get to know her father.

I looked over at Kellin, his eyes fixated outside of the window next to me. "Vic!" I jerked my head up in time to see a large, white truck slam into the driver's side of the small rental car.

"Vic!" I could hear a high ringing noise, drowning everything out except Kellin's voice. It was getting colder. "Vic, wake up! Please, Vic!" He was crying. No, Kells. Don't cry. I'm so sorry, Kells. I tried to speak, but I couldn't move. Seconds later, everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please don't kill me! There's more chapters up...
Edited by Marie.
Her Twitter: @Ohwhaleohwhale
My Twitter: @KellicFTW
My Tumblr: KellicFTW
<3 Manda Leigh