Snowed In

Sam

Sam sighed as she set a fresh ice pack from the freezer to Annie’s black eye. She felt like a fucking idiot and nothing she did or said was going to make this alright. Harry had punched this poor girl in the face, and was probably going to murder Niall, because she didn’t have the guts to tell him that her rudeness to him was just a front to hide how she felt. And on top of that, her close friendship with Niall would probably be ruined now, all because she just had to say the name of someone who was here. Finally Annie’s voice broke her from her thoughts.

“So, you like Niall?” Sam bit her lip, debating letting Annie in on her secret, but judging by the swelling of her eye, she didn’t think the girl would appreciate it.

“Yeah.” She lied. “I mean, we’ve worked together so long I guess I just…” She felt like she was going to be sick as Annie gave her a small smile.

“You two would be cute together.” He said. Sam simply nodded, too caught up in her own drama to notice how forced Annie’s smile was. The brunette scrunched up her nose as Annie took the ice pack, holding it to her eye as the two girls stayed in the kitchen.

“Really? What makes you say that?” Sam asked, leaning against the counter. Annie shrugged.

“Well, he’s so sweet and you’re so sassy, I guess you two would just balance out.” Sam pressed her lips together. Harry was the only person who was able to keep up with her banter, one of the things she pretended not to love about him.

“I guess.” She said, licking her lips. “Look Annie, about Harry-” The girl merely lifted her hand, cutting off the rest of Sam’s sentence.

“He was angry; I would be too if I was him.”

“Huh?”

“Harry’s crazy about you Sam, I don’t know how you don’t see it.”

“Right, and when he’s screwing all those other girls-”

“He doesn’t.”

“What?” Annie simply chuckled.

“He always tells them that there’s someone else that he’s trying to get. He doesn’t sleep with any of them.”

“How do you know this?” She simply shrugged.

“You hear a lot working in a little coffee stand; they talk about him all the time.”

“Then how do they all know how good he is in bed?” Sam asked, knowing all the rumors the girls had spread about how Harry could leave a lady unable to walk for a few days.

“One girl tried to pretend he had slept with her and started all that.” Sam bit her lip at this information, cursing herself for never talking to Harry himself about it and just going off rumors. Annie saw the look on her face and sighed, placing a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

“You should talk to him.” Sam chuckled sadly, her eyes moving to meet Annie’s brown ones.

“I don’t think he’s going to want to talk to me.”

“Sam.” She said, her voice soft. “He can’t blame you for who you like; maybe you two can still be friends.” Sam pressed her lips together before she nodded, giving Annie a tight hug.

“Thank you.” She said simply. Annie hugged her back as well as she could while still holding the ice pack to her eye.

“You’re welcome.” Sam then quickly turned and walked out, making her way back to everyone else in the lobby.

She let out a long breath as she made her way towards Niall and Harry, both of whom looked ready to murder the other. When they saw her approach an awkward air formed over the trio. Sam licked her dry lips, turning to Harry. “Can I talk to you?” She asked, feeling like she was back in grade school. Harry glared angrily at her, shifting his body and glaring at the wall.

“I think you made a mistake love, your little boyfriend is over there.” His green eyes moved up to hers and she saw the pain in them he was trying desperately to hide.

“Harry please.” She whispered. Finally he let out a long sigh and stood, making his way towards the hallway without looking to see if she would follow. Just as she was about to walk out of the lobby Niall’s voice stopped her.

“Sammy.” He said simply, his eyes meeting hers. “We’re going to have ta have a little talk of our own when ya get back.” She simply nodded, feeling like walking out into the woods to die as she quickly jogged to catch up with Harry.

Finally he stopped, leaning his back against a wall and glaring at her. “So?”

“So what?”

“So talk.” She wanted to tell him that she had lied about Niall, she wanted to leap into his arms and have his lips press to hers again, but she couldn’t.

“About what happened yesterday…”

“What, the kiss or you telling me you fancy my best mate?”

“Both.” She looked up her eyes meeting his. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have kissed you and it was stupid, but you’ve got to stop this before you hurt someone else.” His face fell at the memory of hitting Annie.

“Is Annie alright?”

“She’s got a black eye, but other than that, yes.” He nodded, pressing his lips together before his eyes met hers.

“Why?”

“Why what?”

“Why do you fancy Niall?”

“Harry, this isn’t a good idea-”

“Tell me why.” He said simply backing her up until she hit the wall where he trapped her with his hands. “What is it about him that’s so bloody special?” She let out a small huff, unable to believe Harry’s attitude.

“Because he’s not a complete dick.” She snapped.

“Oh please.” He growled right back, getting in her face. “I’ve seen you checking out my arse before, and I’ve caught the lust in your eyes. I know you want to shag me, so what the Hell did Niall do to get you to jump on his trouser snake?”

“Oh please, can you just listen to yourself?” She growled. “You have got to be the most self absorbed, narcissistic ass I’ve ever-” He cut her off by smashing his lips to hers, pressing their bodies together into the wall. His hands immediately grabbed her waist, pulling her closer as he rolled his hips into hers. A small gasp fell from her mouth as he pulled away, a smirk on his lips.

And you never stop me when we’re snogging.” She felt her jaw clench and promptly smacked Harry hard across the face before turning and making her way back into the lobby.

“ASSHOLE!” She screamed back at him before opening the door. Everyone looked at the furious young woman for a moment before returning to their conversations. She let out a long sigh, her eyes meeting the bright blue of Niall’s as she walked over and sat across from him.

“What happened?” He asked, his gaze locked on hers.

“I’d rather not talk about it.” She whispered. He simply nodded as he leaned closer to her. They were a good distance from the others since they were sitting on the opposite end of the lobby, but neither Niall nor Sam were too keen on anyone hearing their conversation. She let out a long breath, running one of her hands through her hair. “So.”

“So.” He mimicked, his eyes meeting hers. “Maybe we should talk in private.” He said simply. She let out a long sigh as she stood, following him towards the rooms. As they vanished up the stairs Sam looked back just in time to see Harry walk back inside. Their eyes met and she could have sworn she saw tears welling up in his emerald eyes. But he turned away, storming into the kitchen before she could be sure.

She wanted to run back and leap into his arms, but she simply turned back as she and Niall headed into the suite the ten shared, sitting down on one of the beds. They were both quiet for a long time before Niall spoke.

“So, you fancy me?”

“Yeah.” She lied. He nodded and she wondered briefly how he was taking the information. They’d been friends since they’d first started working together, forming a brother-sister type bond. Niall knew about how much Harry got under her skin, and she knew that the adorable blonde boy had never had much luck with girls. Both their gazes were turned towards the ground. “So, what are we going to do? It’s not like we can go on a date or anything.”

“Look, Sam…” He started, chewing his lower lip. She looked up, their eyes meeting as she saw the sadness on his face.

“There’s someone else, isn’t there?”

“I don’t know yet.” She nodded, leaning back and looking at the wall before her gaze moved over to Niall. She felt relieved at his rejection as she moved to stand and hopefully apologize to Harry.

“So we want to just stay friends?”

“Well, I didn’t exactly say that.” He said, smiling cheekily at her. She blushed lightly at the look in his eyes as he pressed his lips together. “I mean, we could die up here, there’s no time for ‘I don’t know’.” She felt her heart start racing as he started leaning towards her.

“Niall…” She whispered. But he gave her no time to voice her objections before pressing his lips to hers. She felt tears sting her eyes as she kissed him back, letting her fingers weave into his hair as he slowly started to lean her back onto the comforter. And this time, as they kissed, she really did wish it was someone else.

Only she wished it was Harry.
♠ ♠ ♠
SAM.
Oh my goodness this story.
Anywho, the amazing, wonderful, and crazy talented Paige is next,
so you know it's going to be awesome!