Snowed In

Annie

Annie sat in the hotel room, hugging her legs as she pressed her lips together. Everyone else had gone to sleep, leaving her alone as she simply stared off into space. She had talked to Sam about Harry again when they’d gone off to fill the generator. It was obvious Sam was crazy about Harry, so why didn’t she tell Niall? Why didn’t she make everything right so all of them could have a happy ending? Annie let out a long sigh, a quiet voice causing her to nearly jump out of her skin.

“Can you not sleep either?” Harry asked, moving to sit beside her. Annie shook her head and he sighed, giving her a small, one armed hug. He pressed his lips together, his eyes far away. “I should have just asked her out the second I met her.” He whispered. “Then none of this would have happened.”

“Well, I doubt it would have stopped the blizzard.” She said, giving him a sad smile. He chuckled at that.

“I guess not. The weather doesn’t really care about our problems now, does it?”

“Probably not.” They were both quiet for a long time before she spoke again. “I should have just worked up the courage to talk to Niall sooner I guess. Just attacked him with kisses.” They both chuckled again at the image of Annie kiss attacking Niall. But then Harry’s smile fell as he sighed.

“I shouldn’t have played all these stupid games with her. I should be the one in the other room. I should have…” He stopped, running a hand through his curls.

“Harry, did you spy on them?” She asked, looking at him. He turned scarlet as she looked at him.

“No.” He admitted. “I was going to try and talk some sense into Sam but she was… busy.” Annie narrowed her eyes at him and somehow Harry seemed to become even more depressed. “Never mind.” He said quickly.

“Harry.” She pressed. Finally it clicked as she saw how crushed he was. “No.” She murmured, shaking her head. “Niall would never, He’s not like that.”

“I didn’t think Sam was like that either.” He whispered. “I guess the threat of death makes people change.” Annie kept shaking her head as she shot up, running out of the room they all shared to the hallway outside. She didn’t know which room Niall and Sam had gone to, but as she heard a small whimper she froze. There was a creaking sound a few rooms down and she prayed it was the ceiling as she jogged down the hall until she stood outside the door.

“Niall wouldn’t do this.” She whispered. “Not in a million years.” With that she gently turned the knob, cracking the door just enough to peek inside. She felt her heart stop as she saw then, her hand flying to silence her gasp. There was Niall, Sam moving slowly on top of him as they looked at each other. It was like the only thing they saw was the other as he guided her, those blue eyes Annie had fallen so hopelessly for seeing nothing but Samantha.

She closed the door, sliding down the wall as a tear slipped down her face. She didn’t even have to look to know Harry had sat down beside her as he pulled her into a small hug, running his fingers through her hair as she cried into his shoulder. Finally she got enough control over her tears for Harry to guide her a few doors down to where a small bench sat. As she kept crying Harry chuckled softly.

She pulled back to see his eyes get that far off look again.

“What?” She asked. He looked down at her, scratching his chin where stubble was beginning to form, peppering his handsome face.

“Nothing I just…” He smiled softly. “The first time I met Samantha I smacked her bum and made a joke about hockey players.”

“You’re lucky she didn’t get you fired for sexual harassment.” She commented, chuckling sadly as she wiped away her tears.

“Yeah.” He agreed. He pressed his lips together again and sighed. “We’ve really gotten ourselves into a mess, haven’t we Annie?” She nodded, looking at him.

“What should we do?” He shook his head slightly, sighing.

“If I could just get her alone for a second I know I could make her leave him.” Annie blushed, biting her lip.

“What should we d-” She was cut off by the door opening to Niall, Sam just behind him as they stood scantily clad in the doorway. Niall saw Annie’s red eyes and rushed over, kneeling down in front of her ad looking into her eyes.

“Annie, what happened?” Annie blushed, taking a quick glace to Harry. However, the curly haired Brit was in the middle of a staring contest with Sam before she slammed the door. Once his distraction was gone Harry turned to Niall and Annie.

“Bad dream.” He lied for her. Annie shot Harry a quick smile as he stood, making his way back towards the other room. “Can you talk to her Niall? I’m beat.” He didn’t even wait for an answer before quickly walking down the hall, making his way into the room everyone was sharing. Niall looked at him for a long time before turning to Annie, running his hand over her hair.

“So, a bad dream huh?” She nodded. “What about?” She blushed, looking up at him. She knew that if she struck now, if she was brave in this one moment then everything would somehow end up right. She would be with Niall, Harry would be with Sam and they’d all be rescued.

“Well, I had this dream that you were… that you were in love with Sam.” Niall’s eyes shot open as she looked at him, her heart racing.

“What?” He whispered. She swallowed all her fears and reservations and shot forward, crashing her lips to his. But as he simply sat there she felt her heart break. She shouldn’t have done that. She was an idiot and a fool and Niall had never really even liked her a little bit. But as she pulled away he was smiling sadly.

“Annie… I…” But then he beamed, grabbing her face before he happily kissed her back.
♠ ♠ ♠
THEY KISSED.
So Micah had to drop this story
So I will be writing for Annie!
I hope you liked it!!

oxoxox
LS