Snowed In

Sam

Sam just sat in the room, tears running down her face as she sat on the edge of the bed. Niall had come and broken things off with her, telling her that it turned out Annie was just as mad about him as he was about her. But that wasn’t why she was so upset.

The look on Harry’s face when he’d seen her in the doorway, the hurt in his eyes as he asked her silently how she could do this to him, was too much for her to bear. She felt like a stupid, selfish whore and she didn’t even want to live for another moment. She had gotten dressed, opting to stay in the room her and Niall had been in as opposed to the shame of facing Harry.

She closed her eyes, lying down and pulling the blankets tightly around herself as she prayed for a tree to fall and crush her. She knew everyone would be loads better off without her fucking everyone’s life up. And the thought of Harry knowing what a slag she had become was worse than any sort of death she could think up. She burrowed further into the blankets, shaking violently from the cold as she laid alone, hoping hypothermia would take her as she drifted off to a fitful sleep.

* * *


“Sam.” His voice was like honey, the Cheshire accent like music to her ears as she felt one of his large hands run through her hair. “Samantha.” He sounded so far away, as if he was floating off on an iceberg, drifting out to sea. She was having a difficult time opening her eyes as the warm, dreamy feeling flooded through her body. She felt blissfully warm as she forced her eyes open to be met with the emerald green of Harry’s gaze.

“Mmmm.” She grumbled softly. Everything was blurry, but she could see the concern on Harry’s face. He looked so handsome as he stood there, the slight stubble on his chin making him look so much older.

“Samantha do you know where you are right now?” He asked, his eyes searching hers. She simply smiled.

“Harry.” She whispered. “I’m sorry I’m a whore.”

“Fuck.” He hissed. He quickly scooped her up, blankets and all before crawling in beside her and rolling them up so tightly she could hardly breathe. His nose was pressed softly against hers as she looked at him, smiling sleepily.

“Does this mean you forgive me?” She whispered.

“Samantha listen to me. I need you to-”

“I wouldn’t forgive me.” She murmured, shaking her head. “I’m just a worthless no good slag and you deserve so much better than me Harry.” He froze at that, his gaze locked on her as she felt tears prick her eyes. “I would just let me die if I were you. Throw me into the woods and let the wolves have at me. It’s what I deserve-”

“Don’t you dare say that.” He whispered. “You made a mistake Sam.”

“I made a lot of mistakes Harry, and all they did was hurt you. I don’t deserve someone as perfect as you.”

“Sam I’m not perfect.” He promised. “I went out with all those girls to make you jealous. I played games and toyed with you when what I should have done from the beginning is tell you that you’re beautiful and charming and have the sexiest accent in all of Canada.” She giggled lightly as he pressed his forehead to hers. “Sam, I’ve been crazy about you since the first second I laid eyes on you.”

Even in her frozen state she felt the words sink in and she blushed, her cheeks getting a small amount of color back as he looked at her. “Harry…” She murmured.

“Let me finish or I’m never going to get this out.” He whispered. He took a deep breath, his gaze locking on hers. “Samantha, I love you. I know that you probably think I’m full of shit and are going to tell me I’m a complete jackass when you’re fully yourself but it’s true. There, now you can talk.”

There was a long silence between the two as Sam began warming up from Harry’s body heat. And as his confession fully sunk in she became very aware of how close they were. There wasn’t a breath of space between their bodies as they sat rolled up like caterpillars in a cocoon. She looked at him, into his sparkling eyes and felt her body shaking, but not from the cold.

Harry loved her. Harry Styles, the most beautiful man she had ever met loved her and she had been treating him like shit this entire time. She used Niall to make Harry jealous and had broken his heart. She didn’t care what he said to her, she felt like a worthless piece of garbage as he looked at her.

Tears pricked her eyes again, but this time she didn’t stop them as she began crying softly. His eyes flew open as she started sobbing uncontrollably, trying to get out of the tangle of limbs and blankets to go wander into the woods and freeze. Then she would just be a whoresicle and everyone’s life would be a lot better. “Sam please don’t cry.” He whispered.

“Harry, you can’t love me.” She said simply, looking at him.

“Why not?” He demanded.

“Because I used you! I fucked with your head and I had no place to. I’m a terrible person.” She started crying again, struggling to get away when she felt arms around her. Harry squeezed her tightly as she tried to fight him off, but eventually she gave up. She buried her face in his neck, crying softly as he held her, running his fingers through her hair.

“I don’t care if you murdered your own grandmum.” He said simply, cradling her. “I love you Samantha and I will never let anything happen to you.”

“But-”

“But nothing.” He whispered. “The only reason you played me is because I played you first. I have to accept some responsibility. Besides, these aren’t exactly normal circumstances, you didn’t know if we were going to die tomorrow, you didn’t have time for games.” She opened her mouth to speak again but Harry silenced her by catching her lips in a soft, chaste kiss.

She kissed him back before pulling away and smiling, holding him as tightly as he held her. “Hey Harry?” She whispered.

“Yeah?”

She then reached over, giving his bum a small smack before she smiled. “What does the entire NHL have when you put them all together?” He chuckled, unable to believe she remembered the joke he’d told her the first day they met.

“What do they have?” He asked, already expecting the punch line of ‘ten teeth.’ But she simply smiled, giving him another small kiss.

“Not nearly enough ‘I love you’s” she whispered. And then she pressed her lips back to his as they just spent the night holding each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
AWWWWW.
Sorry about the corny hockey joke by the way
it was the best I could find
ha ha.

oxoxoxox
LS