Snowed In

Sam

As the rest of the group laid sleeping Sam let out a small sigh, nuzzling even closer to Harry in an attempt to stay warm. All of them were shaking, their bodies doing any and everything to try and keep them alive as they all sat cuddled in front of the fireplace. Sam was pretty sure she was the only one who was still awake, much too cold to sleep, until Harry’s brilliant eyes fluttered open, meeting hers. He reached out, cradling her face in his hand as he looked at her.

Even in the dim light of the dying fire she could see his lips were beginning to turn blue, and his fingers were like icicles against her skin as he looked at her. She pressed her lips together, knowing none of them were going to last much longer if they weren’t rescued soon. “Harry.” She whispered, trying to move closer. “I’m scared.” He reached out, pulling her close until their bodies were nearly fused into one. He wrapped them together in the blanket again, trying desperately to conserve heat as she started shivering.

“It’s okay Sam.” He whispered, gripping her tightly. “I’m here, I’ve got you.”

“We’re going to die, aren’t we?” She whispered, looking at him with wide eyes. “No one’s going to come get us, and when the storm passes we’re just going to be popsicles.” She felt a tear roll down her cheek as she looked at Harry, but he quickly kissed it away.

“We’re not going to die.” He whispered. He knew it was much too big of a promise to make, but he needed to keep Sam calm. He needed to protect her, and if that meant lying about how close to death they all really were then he was willing to lie. He looked at her, pressing a soft kiss to her frozen lips. “We’re going to get out of here and go to hockey games and eat pancakes with lots of maple syrup, just like your people like.” In spite of everything she giggled, smiling at him.

“And then can we have tea and crumpets gov’na?” She asked, slaughtering his beautiful accent.

“Yes love, yes we can.” He gripped her as tightly as he could, trying to ignore how badly she was shaking. Her fingers felt like ice cubes as they burrowed into his back and he was worried they might start getting frostbite. He pulled back, taking her hands in his own and looking at her. “We need to warm these up.” He whispered. She giggled again, rolling her eyes.

“I’m not sticking my hands in your pants Harry. I don’t care how badly you want one last hand job.” He smiled softly at her, sticking her hands under his arms before pulling her close again.

“Then this will have to do.” He murmured. She blushed as Harry just looked into her eyes and she could start feeling the tips of her fingers again. She leaned over, pressing their lips together again as Harry held her. She was still terrified, and she knew that their possibility of rescue was slim to none, but she had Harry. She would go out with no regrets because she had someone who cared about her and held her close, and that was all she ever really needed. She pulled away, pressing her forehead to his and just looking into his perfect eyes.

“Harry?” She whispered.

“Yeah?”

“If we get out of here, can you promise me something?” She murmured. He bit his lip, nodding as she blushed. She snuggled closer, not wanting anyone to hear in in case they weren’t the only ones awake. “We’re going to figure out how many of the rumors about you are true.” His eyes went wide as he smiled, looking at her.

“Well, we can find out right now.”

“You’re half frozen Harry, I don’t think it’d be your best performance.” He chuckled again as he looked at her.

“I mean you tell me one of these rumors about me and I’ll tell you if it’s true or not.” He then paused, biting his lip. “And you do the same.”

“There are rumors about me?” She asked.

“Among some of the lads, yeah.” He snuggled closer, smiling. “Like that you sleep in the nude.”

“False.” She said, giggling. “Who told you that?”

“That bloke Todd who works the ski lift sometimes. He said he saw you through a window once getting up in nothing but your birthday suit.”

“Well I know the first thing I’m doing when I get out of here.” She muttered. She then let her eyes shift back to Harry, smiling. “Are you really so good that you can make a woman black out?” He bit his lip.

“I had a girl pass out before, but that’s because she was drunk. And even then all we did was snog.” He pressed his lips together, thinking. “Is it true that you…er… gave Niall’s trouser snake a nice kiss once in the storage shed?” She laughed at that, her head falling back against the floor as she struggled to reign in her laughter.

“Very false.” She finally choked out. “Niall and I have been friends since this whole mess started. And I’m not that kind of girl.” He smiled at that as she racked her brain for another rumor. “Is it really a foot long?”

“Is what a foot long?” He asked, smirking. They both knew he was well aware of what she was talking about, but he loved to see her get flustered.

“You know, you’re… um… thing.”

“What thing?”

“What’s your term for it? Trouser snake?” He chuckled, pulling her closer until their noses touched again.

“Sorry to disappoint but no.” He admitted. She pretended to look crushed as Harry chuckled. “It’s not the size that counts love, it’s how you use it.”

“Okay that question is done.” She giggled, her cheeks flushing. He looked at her for a long time, his eyes sparkling.

“Is it true you’ve been mad about me since day one?” She smiled, giving him a small nod before she pressed her lips to his.

“And until the day I die.” She whispered, pulling away. He reached forward, grabbing her hips and bringing her lips back to his when a small noise broke them apart. “Do you hear that?” She whispered. He nodded, sitting up as they strained to hear what sounded almost like a small heartbeat. But as they listened the noise steadily became louder and louder until they looked at each other with wide eyes, finally knowing what it was.

A helicopter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Could they all really be rescued?

oxoxoxox