Snowed In

Sam

A lone, female rider stood at the top of the black diamond course, goggles strapped tightly to her face as she stood, teetering on the edge of the run on her snowboard. She was a small girl both thin and short with massive brown eyes scanning the snow; her long brown hair blew out in the wind behind her as she finally leaned forward and was off.

The cold wind stung her face, making it flush as she carved through the snow, dodging trees and rocks as they zoomed towards her. She forgot the next class of snot nosed children she was supposed to teach, parents screaming at her that she had no idea what she was doing, everything vanished as she saw the jump before her. She leaned her body forward, adding to her speed as she hit the heightened level of snow and time just seemed to slow down. She kicked her board up to the side, grabbing it in one hand with a broad smile. Adrenaline was coursing through her veins as she saw the ground starting for her as she released her board just in time for it to impact with the snow.

She landed perfectly, dodging trees for a few more feet before twisting her board to the side, sending up a tidal wave of snow and stopping. She quickly unfastened her boots from the board, picking it up in her hand and starting to make her way over to the ski lift, pulling her goggles to the top of her head. She had no idea where everyone was, the lift wasn’t even being operated by anyone at the bottom as it ran slowly back up to the resort.

She saw the water bottle she’d left on her last run down and started to reach for it, but a familiar large hand appeared from behind the small desk and snatched it before vanishing again. Sam let out a long groan as a curly haired boy with mischievous green eyes and a smirk popped up, water bottle in hand.

“Harry, give me back the water.” She snapped, extending her hand.

“Alright, if I get a private lesson.” He wiggled his eyebrows up and down. “That was some serious skill on the jump, I’d probably break something. You should teach me.” Sam kept a scowl on her face.

“Make an appointment like everyone else Styles.” She snapped, trying to grab her bottle from him, but he just pulled it back pouting at her.

“You’ll just give me Niall, like last time. I can’t very well flirt with a lad now can I?” She rolled her eyes, reaching out for the water bottle.

“I don’t choose who you get.” She lied.

“Is this about the ‘eh’ comment? Is that why you hate me?”

“That’s what started it.” She said. “And let’s just say you haven’t done a good job of repairing that with the other Canadian jokes.”

“You mean the hockey one?”

“Yep.”

“And the igloo one?”

“That too.”

“And I bet the Avril Levine comment didn’t help my chances.”

“Not in the slightest.” She growled. “If you don’t watch your mouth you’re going to find yourself at the end of a lot of British jokes.”

“Oh, you mean like our sexy accents?” He said, leaning on the small wooden barrier between them and finally returning her water bottle. She snagged it out of his hand with a measured glare. “But me teasing you can’t really make you despise me. So what else is it?”

“Maybe the fact that you’ve had to get about six new bedposts in the few months you’ve worked here because you ran out of room for notches.” She said.

“Ouch love.”

“Well we all know it’s true.” She said coldly. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to get back to see if my next class’ here.” With that she turned to make her way to one of the lift chairs, but his husky, deep, and- she hated to admit it- sexy voice stopped her.

“Wait! Sammie!”

“Don’t call me Sammie.” She growled. “What?”

“I actually did come down here to tell you something.”

“Really, you didn’t come to do your job?”

“I’m done for the day, I just wanted to see your lovely face.” Sam rolled her eyes.

“What’s this news?”

“You’re not going to have any more classes today; they’re closing the resort for a few weeks. I guess there’s a big ass blizzard headed right for us.”

“Because that never happens in Canada.” She said sarcastically. “I’ll just have the slopes all to myself then.”

“Sam that’s crazy, you’re not going to stay up here, are you?”

“Well, I’m sure if I tell them I have four wheel drive and chains they’ll make me stay up here late and clean anyway.” Harry smiled, setting his crossed arms on the table and leaning closer to Sam.

“They already asked me to stay, all that sweat in the gym and whatnot has to get cleaned and they figured I have nothing better to do.” He said, sticking out his tongue, but then a devilish smirk then took up his face, exposing his dimples. “Maybe we’ll get stuck up here together.”

“I’d rather take my chances with the blizzard.” She said. Harry simply smirked.

“One of these days Sam, you’re going to admit you lust madly for me.” She scrunched up her nose as she made her way back to the lift.

“Don’t hold your breath.” She turned to the chairs and jumped on, but to her distaste Harry sat right beside, her, grinning and scooting closer.

“So if you really have all day free you should give me a lesson.” He said, grinning cheekily at her. “I can give you a lesson too, but that one’s best saved for behind closed doors.”

“You’re a pig, do you know that?” He shrugged.

“I prefer the term ‘connoisseur’ personally.”

“There’s a word for a sex connoisseur actually, it’s called a whore.”

“Two shots in one day love? If I didn’t have thicker skin I’d probably be crying.”

“Oh please, that can’t be the first time you’ve been called a whore.” He pouted at her and Sam could see why he always seemed to have a different girl on his arm, he was adorable. With those massive emerald eyes and those curls that she could help but picture with her fingers knotted in them, Harry Styles was damn near irresistible and that’s why she had to stay away. She’d seen the dozens, if not hundreds of girls in his short five months of working here, but she’d also seen them the next day, bawling their eyes out because Harry had told them that he didn’t want anything more than a one night stand.

Harry noticed that she’d spaced out staring at him and took it as her checking him out. He smiled and set his hand on her upper thigh and started to lean in. Sam snapped out of her thoughts and, with one giant shove, he was out of the lift chair and in the snow about five feet below them. He pulled his head up, spitting the now freezing water out of his mouth and Sam started laughing. She knew he was okay, and he simply smirked at her, screaming something about getting revenge as she waved from her chair. As he started back to the bottom Sam simply nodded contently.

Yes sir, Harry was a player. And if Sam was going to be forced into joining his game, then she was going to make sure she beat him at it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello mibbians!
I'm Ashlee and I will be writing for Sam
The amazing and wonderful Paige is up next!