Who's Afraid of the Dark?

Zayn Malik

Zayn sighed lugubriously as he followed the Tomlinson siblings around the back side of the castle. He didn’t want to be paired up with Louis and Lottie because they were the most obnoxious siblings in the world. They were more obnoxious than his sisters all put together. Except Lottie and Louis were older and bantered back and forth way more frequently than Zayn did.

“Why did we have to come here, guys? It was just a stupid bet that drunk guy told us. That’s it.” Zayn groaned as he followed the siblings through the tall grass at the back.

Lottie turned around and grinned at him. “Just tell us where the door is, Malik. And don’t pout about it because we’re hear and we aren’t turning back. I think you’re just scared.”

“No, I just think it’s asinine to be sneaking into Leap Castle just to prove that we aren’t just all talk. Seriously, what if we get caught and we get in major trouble for breaking and entering? And then he charges for trespassing. How do you think our parents will respond to that? They get a call from the Irish police saying their kids are all in jail for breaking and entering and trespassing. I can’t even begin to think about what my father would say,” Zayn muttered.

Louis chuckled. “Stop being such a pussy, Zayn. Just because you’re afraid of the dark doesn’t mean that this won’t be fun. We’ve got torches and mobiles to call if we need help. Seriously, it’s no big deal.”

“I’m honestly not worried. I just think this is one of the worst things we’ve ever done and we’ve done a lot of stupid things. I think we should just forget all about that stupid bet and just go home.” Zayn stood in front of the massive window at the back of the house, glancing around the back property. There were tall and ominous looking trees in the back and down the left side of Leap Castle, he saw what looked like Niall and Ember walking hand in hand along the wall. “I’ve got a bad feeling about this, guys.”

“I don’t care what your bad feelings are, Zayn. We’re doing this and if you don’t want to stay with us, you can walk back to the hotel and you can stay there alone tonight.” Lottie turned and faced the window, leaning forward and grinning. “There’s a crack here and I’m fairly certain we can break it pretty easily.”

“You want to break a window of a supposed haunted castle? You honestly think that’s a good idea?” Zayn stood back speculatively as Lottie crouched down in the tall grass to find a big enough rock to smash the glass.

The girl nodded and stood up, weighing a sizable stone in the palm of her hand. She took a step back so she fell in beside Zayn, pitching the rock at the cracked spot at the window. It shattered immediately and Louis took the chance to clamber through the broken glass covered pane. His sister followed suit and Zayn sighed.

He had two options. He could walk home alone in the direction he thought was the city or he could follow the Tomlinson’s through the windowless hole in the castle wall. “Oh dear god, this is the worst idea ever. You guys are suicidal.”

“You don’t honestly think that this castle is actually haunted, do you? Because that would make you one of the stupidest people ever.” Lottie jumped down from the window pane and brushed off the front of her denim trousers. “Do you believe in ghosts?”

Zayn frowned. “I hadn’t actually given it much thought. I don’t think I believe in the supernatural.”

“Have you ever watched Supernatural? Because that show makes very convincing arguments for believing in ghosts and spirits and that sort of thing.” Lottie shoved past her brother as they entered into the room they were in. It was barren, sheets covering the sparse furnishings in the room.

Louis rolled his eyes. “You only watch that show because you think that the bloke who plays Dean Winchester is fit.”

The girl shrugged. “Maybe you’re right, but either way, I think that I believe in them.”

Zayn sighed and shivered. “Don’t touch me, Louis. It’s not funny.”

Louis frowned as he switched on the torch he had in his back pocket. “What do you mean? I didn’t touch you.”

“Don’t mess around,” Zayn hissed. He zipped the front of his jumper up and pulled his sleeves over his wrists. He could have sworn the felt cold fingers brush against the back of his neck. He felt fingernails scratching at his skin, followed by a cold chill of breath against his skin. “Don’t breathe on me either.”

Louis tolled his eyes. “You’re mental, Zayn. Stop messing around.”

“I’m not, I swear. Something touched me and something breathed on my neck. This is not a good idea to be here.” Zayn frowned as he flipped the collar on his jacket.

He knew it was a bad idea. Too bad no one believed him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello :) I'm Micah/Iris. and I'll be writing Zayn :)

Also, I think Dean Winchester is a stud :)