‹ Prequel: The Consequence
Status: Excited about this! Bare with me though!

Jealous Minds Think Alike

Chapter One

Carrie's POV:

I woke to the early morning sunshine streaming into our bedroom window. I blinked away the sleep and stretched. My arm lazily landed on the other side of the bed. The covers were drawn back and the mattress was still warm. Where the hell was Josh? I strained my ears to hear any sound of life in our new apartment. Nothing. My mind was still groggy from sleep, today's Monday so...
"Morning love! Went down to the bakers before I headed off. Got you a blueberry muffin." I let out a breathe I realized I was holding and smiled sweetly up at Josh. He hadn't shaved in a while and rough stubble was growing all along his jawline. That and the fact he still has the mop of shaggy hair he kind of looks like a hot hobo.
"Thank you sweetie. Where you off to today?" He sank down beside me on the bed and gave me a bright smile.
"We're just putting the finishing touches onto our new album. Not long yet!" I giggled at his excitement. It was so adorable watching him be so passionate and excited about music and You Me At Six. "Well I best be off. I'll see you soon love." He leaned forwards and we shared a sweet kiss. He placed the paper bag containing my muffin on my dresser and headed out the door.

Not long after Josh left for the studio my phone buzzed to live. I groaned and retrieved it off my dresser.

Hey babe, want to grab a coffee? - Zara xxx

I smiled to myself as I typed out a reply. Since coming back to England a year ago I've gotten a job as a columnist at a local music magazine and Zara is the photographer I work with and as quickly become one of my best friends.

Yeah sounds like fun! Usual place, usual time? - Carrie xxx

It's a date ;) - Zara xxx

I chuckled softly and placed my phone back on the dresser before heading off for a quick shower.

*****

I closed the front door with a soft clunk and dropped my keys into my purse. The Autumn air nipped at my bare cheeks and nose and my breathe danced in front on me in clouds. I tugged my paka closer to me as I made me way down the streets of Weybridge. As the door to the cosy cafe tinged to life I scanned the room for the familiar face. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes as I stopped her - her long, sleek chocolate brown hair was now dipped dyed pink at the ends and her hazel eyes sparkled as she waved franticly at me. I made my way over, ducking my head as I felt the disapproving glances shoot my way. God, why did Zara have to make such a scene?
"Hey babe!" She called as I slid into the chair opposite her. "I've already ordered your usual." he waved a perfectly manicured hand dismissively. "So, how is everything? Josh?" I gave an easy smile at her eagerness.
"Everything's perfect actually, it's um..unusual. Normally we'll have had a huge fight or something by now but he seems to be making a huge effort and I appreciate it." Zara let out a loud "aww" and I had to stop her from clapping her hands with glee.
"You guys are so adorable it makes my heart melt. Anyway, I wanted to ask you something." I cocked my eyebrow. Her eyes had a gleeful glint in them that only meant trouble. "I've been asked by um my boss - well...our boss I suppose - to go along to a gig and grab some pictures, you know, usual thing. Then she asked if I could bring some else along to get an interview with the band to go along with the pictures and...I chose you!" She let out a squeal and I beamed back at her.
"That's amazing! Who's the band?" She smirked slyly at me and let out a cough.
"They're all complete eye candy let me tell you. Anyway, it's All Time Low." I could feel my smile falter, was she being serious? All Time Low...in Surrey? I could tell Zara was disappointed with my reaction.
"Well we're due to meet them tomorrow at their gig here. I'll text you the details..." she went off and started gushing about something or other and I was only half listening.

All Time Low...Jack and Alex...here...

Well fuck.

Josh's POV:

What a beautiful day, I thought as I strolled into the studio whistling some song or other.
"Someone's in a chipper mood." Called Chris as he bent over his guitar, tuning it with nimble fingers.
"Why wouldn't I be?" I grinned as I sat down next to Chris who was now looking at me with a mixed expression.
"How's Carrie? Haven't heard from her in a while." I smiled lazily at the sound of her name. The thought of her gave me butterflies, the thought of running my fingers through her hair made my stomach tie in knots...
"She's wonderful. Just been busy with her job." Chris nodded and went back to tuning his guitar.
"Oh!" He proclaimed, patting me on the back. "Matt's wanting you in the recording room. Want's to finalize the vocals for Crash or something." I gave him a lazily thumbs up and made my way across the corridor. Crash, another song I wrote for Carrie.

I smiled wistfully at the thought of her again. Things were going perfect, she was perfect. I sighed to myself as I pushed open the door to the recording room. But I suppose, what goes up...must come down.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I've started the sequel. Hope you guys liked the first chapter :) Tell me what you think in the comments :) Thanks :D