‹ Prequel: The Consequence
Status: Excited about this! Bare with me though!

Jealous Minds Think Alike

Chapter Two

Josh's POV:

I heaved a content sigh as I ran my hand up and down Carrie's side. She had her back against me as we lay on the sofa watching one of her soaps. I wasn't really paying much attention, I was more focused on her. I leaned forward and attached my lips to her neck.
"Geroff!" She moaned and swotted my face away. I let out a low chuckle and planted kisses along her jawline. Carrie let out a frustrated sigh and turned the TV off before turning to face me, eyebrow cocked. I smirked down at her.
"So what did you get up to today love?" I asked whilst absent-mindedly playing with a strand of her hair.
"Not much, just got some coffee with Zara...oh! That reminds me!" She cried while jumping to attention and running up the stairs. I was left dumbstruck on the sofa until she came thudding down, phone clutched in hand. I outstretched my arms for her to snuggle back into. She fell into my chest, the light from her phone illuminating her face making it glow an eerie blue. "She was going to text me the details on the gig we're going to. I have to interview the band." She explained. I rested my head on her shoulder.
"What band?" She hummed to herself while scrolling down her messages.
"Oh um...All Time Low." I stiffened and contracted my head from her shoulder. She turned to face me, teeth sinking into her bottom lip.
"You mean the band your ex-boyfriend is in?" She nodded lamely, alarm bells rang in my head. I let out a sigh.
"That's not a problem right?" She asked, eyebrows raised, cheeky smile playing on her lips. "You trust me don't you?" I let out a bark of a laugh and sank further into the couch.
"Of course I trust you love, it's just them I don't trust." Carrie let out a giggle like tinkling bells and attached her lips to mine. The contact made warmth run all down my body. I deepened the kiss and softly pushed her onto her back on the couch. I let my hands wander as she tangled her fingers in my mane of shaggy hair. I let a small moan of pleasure escape my mouth as she bit down on my lip and from under my hands I could feel Carrie raise herself up to my ear.
"Lets take this upstairs." She breathed. I don't think I've ever been so eager to go to bed.

Carrie's POV:

Beepbeep. Beepbeep. Beepbeep.

"Fuck." I heard Josh groan from the other side of the bed. I lifted my left arm into the air and searched around until I found my alarm clock. 9:15am. I let out a sigh as I ran my hand through my bed-head.
"Shouldn't you be in the studio?" I questioned Josh, my voice still thick with sleep.
"Finished recording." He mumbled. and slumped back down into the bed. I rolled my eyes and rolling out the bed, picking up astray garments that were tossed aside last night as I made my way downstairs.

I was halfway through my bowl of cereal when Josh padded down the stairs and into the kitchen.
"Fancy meeting up with the lads?" He asked while spreading butter onto his toast.
"Suppose so. What time?"
"About 4. Is that okay?" I placed my bowl into the washing machine and headed up to get changed.
"I won't have long before I'll have to go though. I have to be at the venue for 6." I shouted from the stairs. I could hear Josh grumble something from downstairs. Never happy.

*****

"Josh! Carrie! Haven't seen you in ages!" I beamed at Dan who got out of his seat to greet us. I scanned the little pub Josh and the lads were so fond of. It was warm, comfortable, smelled faintly of burnt wood and vodka and was filled with the noise of conversation.
"Sorry we're late. Carrie was doing her hair." Josh smiled cheekily down at me as I glowered and slyly gave him a nudge in the ribs. The lads chuckled and turned round to smile and wave at us. Dan motioned for us to sit down in the two empty seats at the far side of the table. I looked up from my hands to find Max's deep brown eyes staring back at me.
"Hey Max," I beamed. "How have you been?" He cleared his throat and nodded.
"Yeah I've been um...good." I nodded back awkwardly and leaned into Josh's side. "I heard you and Josh got a new apartment together." He was swirling his beer around in his hands, determined not to make eye contact.
"Yeah it's amazing, you should come down and have a look yourself. Maybe watch a game with Josh." He looked up then, his chocolate eyes warm. A small smile formed on his face.
"Yeah, that sounds good." I smiled back and we tuned in on the others conversation. I let out a breathe I wasn't aware I was holding in. Maybe things with Max aren't as awkward as I thought they would be. Maybe things were finally going back to normal.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is boring and bad :( I wanted a whole chapter dedicated to the concert so this is just a filler for now. Sorry. Anyway, what do you think? Tell me in the comments, thank you :D