‹ Prequel: The Consequence
Status: Excited about this! Bare with me though!

Jealous Minds Think Alike

Chapter Three

We drove up the the venue, there was already a swarm of kids lining up outside the building. I turned to Josh who had a firm hand on the steering wheel staring blankly ahead with a stern expression.
"Well um...I'll see you later. I won't be later than 12 I promise." I quickly pecked his cheek and opened the car door to the harsh cold breeze and giddy fans.

I could spot Zara from a mile off. She'd opted to wear disco pants that glimmered in the streetlights, an off shoulder jumper and killer heels. Her bulky Canon was draped around her neck and she was casually fixing her hair as she leaned against the entrance door with the security.
"Well aren't you a sight for sore eyes!" I called to her and smirked as she whipped her head around. It took her a while to recognize my face in the darkness but when she did she beamed down at me.
"Carrie! Aww babe you look adorable, as always."She gave me a playful wink as we embraced. I looked down at myself and scoffed. Yeah right, 'cause dark denim skinny jeans, tattered vans and one of Josh's old sweatshirts is the definition of adorable. "Now you're here we can finally get inside!" She cheered while dragging me over to the nearest security guard. He looked lazily at us, clearly boredom had sunk in. Zara flashed him our press pass along with a winning smile. He nodded meekly and ushered us through the door.
"So what now," I turned to Zara, "meet them now or after?" She chewed on her lip in thought.
"I think meet them now. Spare us the awkward introduction when they're all sweaty and stuff." I shrugged and rolled my eyes, if we must. Zara was completely oblivious to my reaction as she was already snapping away with her big ass camera. "Better get moving then! Doors nearly open!" She squeaked and dragged me along behind her as she scouted around.

Finally we found backstage and after much fussing with our hair and make-up we decided it was safe to knock. I held my breathe in anticipation.
"Can we help you?" Called an unfamiliar voice. I looked up from my shoes to see Matt Flyzik - All Time Low's manager - looking at us with a sceptical expression in his hazel eyes. Zara merely flipped him our passes and his face instantly softened. "They're through there." He motioned for us to follow him though. I could hear faint yelling and shouting as we neared the dressing room. "In there." Matt pointed at the peeling green door. Without hesitation Zara pushed open the door. Instantly the shouting stopped and we stood there, looking blankly at each other. No recognition crossed their faces until...
"Hi I'm Zara Bowman and this is Carrie Brown, Kerrang magazine." All four faces tuned to me. I felt my face go hot under their piercing gaze.
"Carrie?" Jack breathed. I finally looked at them all properly for the first time. Rian had got more tattoos - they looked good, Zack had more muscle to him, Alex had died his hair a darker brown and cut most of it off so it looked more tidy and Jack...he looked exactly the same.
"Hi." I shyly nodded and gave a small wave. I could hear someone gasp and another let out a loud cheer.
"Wait," I heard Zara say, turning to me. "You already know them?" I gave a nervous laugh and nodded.
"Oh, she knows Jack here very well if you know what I mean." God damn you Rian. Zara let out a gasp and pointed a finger at me. She had that sparkle in her eyes.
"So you and..." she pointed to Jack and back to me again. I locked eyes with Jack who too was bright red. "Oh my God this is too good! You sure like your band dudes huh?" I lightly smacked her arm and she giggled to herself.
"So what brings you here Carrie?" My stomach did somersaults at the sound of Jack's voice.
"We've been asked to do an interview with you guys and Zara's going to be taking picture of you playing."All four of them beamed at each other and sat down on the large cream sofa at the far sit of the room and motioned for us to do the same. I sat down in the spare seat beside Alex who smirked down at me and gave me a sly wink.
"Long time no see Carrie." He said with a chuckle. I nodded back plastering on a smile.
"So you two want to do the interview now or later?" I looked over at Zara who lightly shook her head.
"No we'll do it after, right now we can just hang out." They all exchanged looks of manic glee. I glanced over at Zara who was shuffling uncomfortable where she sat squished between Jack and Alex. Oh god...what did we get ourselves into...

*****

Zara and I watched from the wings and All Time Low put on a breathtaking show. They were all so into it, so alive when they were on stage doing what they did best. As soon as we were alone Zara bombarded me with questions about my history with the boys, needless to say I answered rather reluctantly.

As the guys an off stage, smiles engulfing their faces and sweat pooling onto their t shirts I hugged each one as they passed. We matched them back down into the dressing room and started the interview which only Rian seemed to take seriously. After half an hour I gave up and joined in on their game of thumb war. It was well past 11 when I finally decided to call it a day and pack up my stuff along with Zara. We hugged all the guys goodbye and headed off. As we were about to call a taxi we heard footsteps thundering behind us. Zack and Jack were standing their rather awkwardly.
"Um...can I have your number Zara?" Zack asked timidly to which Zara complied with much enthusiasm. I turned to Jack who gave me a lop-sided smile.
"It was great hanging out with you again Carrie, you wanna meet up again some time?" I bit my lip in thought. Josh wouldn't mind would he? It would be only as friends of course.
"Yeah sure! Here, my number." I turned his palm to face the inky black sky and scribbled my number with my pen. "I'll see you around Jack."

I crashed down on my bed, not caring if I woke Josh up or not. I was completely shattered. I stripped off my clothes and make-up and crawled up to Josh's side. He let out a sigh and slung his arm around me. Just as I was toppling at the edge of sleep I could here my ringtone pierce the silence. Who the hell...
"Hello?" my voice was low and gruff from sleep. I could here traffic in the background.
"Carrie could you...urg..." The voice slurred and I had to strain to catch snatches of his sentence.
"Jack?"
♠ ♠ ♠
The endings a bit rushed sorry, wanted to get this finished tonight. So what you think? What do you suppose will happen next? Let me know as always. Might not update tomorrow...New Year's Eve and all but you can expect me on after that with a double update. Thanks :)