‹ Prequel: The Consequence
Status: Excited about this! Bare with me though!

Jealous Minds Think Alike

Chapter Four

I clung desperately at the steering wheel and shook myself to rid me of the remaining grodgy-ness.

So Jack has got himself into a mess.

Again.

I made a sharp turn and swung into an empty parking space. The music booming from the opposite building could be heard from my spot at the drivers seat. I hummed along as I made my way across the road where I found a figure slumped helplessly on the kerb. I bent down so I was eye level with the man.
"So Jack. You gonna tell me what happened?" He let out a muffled groan and lolled his head in the direction of the club behind us. I rolled my eyes. Of course.
"Clearly you're off your head so I'm going to drive you to your hotel. Where are you staying?" He lamely shook his head. I raised an eyebrow questioningly.
"Dun..no." Jack slurred. An impatient sigh slipped from my lips. The cold was beginning to seep under my skin so I opted for the quicker way out.
"Right, well you can crash on my sofa for tonight and I'll drive you to your hotel...when you're sober." I slung his arm over my shoulder and hauled him to his feet. Stumbling like deer on ice, we finally made it to my car where I let Jack lie down in the back. With the heater up full blast, thawing my numb limbs, it dawned on me the consequences of my actions.

Josh wasn't going to like this.

*****

"There you go buddy. Easy now. There we go." Slowly, I lowered a semi-concious Jack onto the sofa. He moaned out an inaudible thank you and smiled lop-sidedly up at me. I threw a spare blanket I found in the cupboard over him and playfully ruffled his hair.
"Night Jacky." I sang. He looked up at me with his big puppy-dog eyes and butterflies began to breed in my stomach. He lay a sloppy kiss on my cheek and, with a content sigh, dozed off.

I thanked God that Josh was a deep ass sleeper as I crawled back into my warm bed for what felt like the hundredth time and, hopefully for the last time tonight, surrendered to sleeps' seduction.

*****

Plan of action, I thought to myself as I patted down my bed head, is to sneak Jack out of the house before Josh wakes up.

Easier said than down.

I had already stirred Josh as I woke up this morning, making a lame excuse about the toilet. I think he bought it.

I prayed he'd bought it.

After swatting awake an extremely hungover and moody Jack I rustled up a bog standard breakfast of cornflakes and coffee and let him have a quick shower. My God he stank.

I was waiting impatiently outside the bathroom door, foot tapping to an imaginary beat when Jack emerged, boxer clad. My eyes widened with shock.
"What the fuck do you think you're doing?!" I hissed at him "Get your clothes on!"
"But they're all dirty!" He whined, sticking out his bottom lip in a pout. I gave a sliver of a smile at his childish behaviour before it was wiped off by a booming voice.
"What the FUCK is happening here?!" My heart quickened until it felt like it was going to escape my ribcage.
"Josh I can explain!" I cried desperately. It was too late. The rage was already flaming in his piercing blue eyes.

Fuck.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is so short I'm so sorry! I've been so busy with school work you can't even imagine! Anyway, enough excuses, hope you like it. Tell me what you think in the comments. Thanks! :)