Yuletide Serendipity

eve.

Jonah sat infront of the tree, mug of cocoa warming his hands and the lights of the tree coupled with the excitement of it being Christmas Eve warming his heart. The tree was adorned with lights and shining ornaments and even with strings of popcorn that he and his boyfriend, Jaime, had spent an entire afternoon stringing together. He smiled at the tree and for a moment just let the spirit of Christmas fill him. The holidays were a time of joy, giving, and family and Jonah wouldn't spend it with anyone other than his beloved boyfriend.

As if the other boy knew Jonah had been thinking of him, he strode into the room. He wore only his pajama pants and his dark brown hair was in a curly mess. He'd been getting ready for bed while Jonah enjoyed the festivities. He smiled down on the younger boy, almost laughed at the innocence displayed before him.

"C'mon, lets hit the hay. Santa doesn't come to the houses of boys who stay up all night," Jaime laughed. Jonah smiled up at his beautiful lover.

"In a minute," he said before taking a long swig of warm cocoa. "Jaime, can I ask you something?"

Jaime, smile on his face, took a seat next to the younger blond boy. He turned his head to him and looked him over as if he was the embodiment of the Christmas spirit, as if he were the only thing in this world that could make him happy. Jonah loved the way Jaime looked at him and couldn't help but blush.

"Babe, you can ask me anything."

"It's not all important-like or anything," Jonah blushed, "But do you think I'm on the nice list? Or the naughty list?"

"Well, considering what we did last night, I'd say naughty," Jaime laughed. Jonah smirked but slugged his boyfriend in the shoulder and shot him a look that pleaded his seriousness. "Definitely the nice list. You've been so kind, so generous and loving. I couldn't ask for a better boyfriend."

Jonah's eyes seemed to light up as if they were the glimmering stars in the night sky. "I think you're on the nice list too, you know. You've been greater to me in the last few years than anyone else has been my whole life... I won't soon forget that, Jaime, and Santa would be crazy to ignore it."

Jaime grinned from ear to ear, kissed his boyfriend on the forehead, and got to his feet. "Come on, let's get some sleep so we're all bright eyed for Christmas morning."

The blond boy smiled once more at the tree before getting up and setting his mug on the table, he could put it away in the morning. Right now, all that mattered was getting a good night's sleep and getting one with his beautiful lover right next to him. Jonah leaned up on his tip toes and kissed Jaime on the lips. A simple kiss but meaningful all the same. When they pulled away, Jaime took his lover's hand and led him to their soft, sweet bed.