iMate

Natalie McCartney

Natalie pulled her hood tighter around her face, trying to hide it as she made her way to the store. She had to walk today because Megan had a date way the Hell off in Cheshire. She simply sighed, rubbing her arms to try and stay warm as she made her way through the streets of London. She was only about fifty feet from the door when she felt an arm on her shoulder.

She prayed to every God in the skies that it wouldn’t be Zayn, and her prayers were answered as a small blonde stood before her. She had massive blue eyes framed with long lashes that seemed painstakingly separated, each lash standing out against the woman’s pale skin. The mysterious blonde narrowed her eyes at Natalie, her hand not leaving her shoulder. “Can I help you?” Natalie asked, beginning to blush under the woman’s intense gaze.

“You’re her. You’re that girl who slapped Zayn.” Nat nervously licked her lips.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” She lied.

“Don’t bullshit me.” The blonde snapped. “I just want to know why you were getting coffee with my boyfriend.” Natalie’s eyes flew open as the blonde kept glaring at her.

“I didn’t know he was your boyfriend.” She swore.

“Really? You don’t fucking recognize me?” She hissed. “I’m Perrie Edwards, and Zayn is my boyfriend, so tell me why the Hell you were getting coffee and why he kissed you.”

“That sounds like something you two need to discuss.” Nat snapped, matching Perrie’s glare. “And tell your boyfriend to stay the fuck away from me.” With that she pulled her shoulder away from the talons Perrie called fingers and started to walk away, but Perrie’s voice stopped her.

“I don’t know why he’d want a dike like you when he has me.” She hissed. “I thought you were a bloody bloke for a second.” Natalie felt her jaw clench as she stopped. “That’s right, just walk away laddy.”

All Natalie saw was red as she turned around and glared at Perrie, not letting the blonde’s two inch advantage intimidate her.

“Listen to me Perrie.” She hissed. “Your boyfriend is a fucking stalker. And if I ever catch him anywhere near me again, I’ll chop his trouser snake off. Then you two can really have fun when you try and be his little whore.” With that she left, leaving Perrie with a stunned expression on her face. Nat couldn’t help but grin as she walked into the store, pulling off her sweatshirt and walking into the back to hang it up.

But when she got back there she froze.

A massive vase with about a hundred white roses sat on the break room table. Ricky and Travis, her other coworkers were just chuckling as they took in Natalie’s stunned expression. “You just missed your boyfriend.” Travis said simply, grinning from ear to ear.

“Well I didn’t miss his girlfriend, unfortunately.” Rickey’s green eyes flew open as he looked at Nat.

“He has a girlfriend and he kissed you, in public?”

“Yep.”

“What a bloody wanker.” Travis muttered.

“You said it.” Nat agreed. “Now, which of you is going to take this home to your mum?”

“You’re not even going to read the card?” Travis asked, scratching his short beard. Natalie cocked an eyebrow and Travis handed her an already opened envelope. She glared at the two of them. “Sorry, we couldn’t help it.” Travis grinned. She just scoffed, pulling out the card and reading the sloppy handwriting.

Natalie,

I know we’ve really gotten off on the wrong foot, but I really do want to see you again. I know you’ll probably just rip this up and tell me to take a long walk of a short pier, but I’m serious. Something about you just draws me in and I want to know why. (And I still owe you for the damage for your car.)

Zayn Malik


Natalie’s smug grin fell as she read the card about three more times. She would probably tell Zayn those exact words, and the fact that he’d so easily guessed them made her shiver. He eyes slowly moved back up to Travis and Ricky, who were just watching her.

“It’s a load of rubbish.” She said, ripping the car up before tossing it into the garbage as the three walked back out to the sales floor. As much as she wanted to see what it was about the raven haired boy that got under her skin and kept him in her brain twenty-four hours a day, she refused to be the other woman.

Even if Perrie had come off as a bit of a frigid bitch, Natalie just wasn’t that type of girl. So as she started to close up the shop by herself around nine and the bell jingled, she almost jumped out of her skin as Zayn stood in the door. He pressed his lips together, staying near the doorway and closing the blinds.

She started thinking he was going to murder her as she heard him click the lock on the door before he slowly approached her. She felt like her heart was going to beat right out of her chest as he stood on the other side of the counter, just looking at her sheepishly.

“What are you doing here?” She choked out, unable to hide her fear.

“Relax.” He promised. “I shut the blinds so the pap won’t see us.”

“And the door?” She pressed, wishing Ricky or Travis would have stayed and closed with her.

“I can’t have you just running away again.” He said. His eyes were intense as he just stared at her. “I need to talk to you.”

“What, about your girlfriend?” His eyebrows knitted together as he looked at her.

“What?”

“Your girlfriend Perrie about ripped my eyes out today.” She snapped. “She wanted to know why you won’t just leave me the fuck alone and stop ruining my life.”

“I’m not trying to ruin-”

“Well you are.” She growled. “Some bird called me every name in the book the other day, screaming about how I slapped her future husband. I can’t go out in public without people telling me I’m a bitch!” His face fell as he saw the tears in her eyes. She angrily wiped them away. “Please. Just leave me alone and go back to your girlfriend.”

“Natalie.” He whispered. “I broke up with Perrie. She was cheating on me and I told her it was over, that’s why I was so upset the day I met you.” Her eyes flew up to meet his as he looked at her. “She just won’t leave me alone.” She pressed her lips together as he started her down, neither of them backing off. “Please, why don’t we go get dinner?”

“Why?” She asked simply.

“Why what?” He asked. She just simply shook her head, looking at him.

“Why me?” His eyes didn’t leave hers as he slowly reached over and took her hands in his.

“Because I think you’re worth the chase.”
♠ ♠ ♠
AWWW.
Hello you beautiful people,
It's Ashlee again
with some V-Day fluff for you

oxoxo