iMate

Rose Darrian

Rose focused her eyes on the TV in front of her that was playing one of her favorite movies, The Bridge to Terabithia. She was still with Louis, who was sitting on the left end of the couch, watching the movie alongside with her. They had mostly been silent after eating breakfast and deciding on watching a movie, and Rose could practically touch the awkwardness in the air. With a soft sigh, she nervously licked her lips before she turned to look at him. She was preparing to speak to him and had opened her mouth, but she closed it once she saw his closed eyes and slightly opened mouth. He let out tiny snores she hadn’t noticed before, and she bit into her lip to keep her nerves down. He was simply so adorable, and she missed watching him sleep.

With a small smile gracing her lips, she turned her head away from him. As the movie came to an end, she reached for the remote on the coffee table when she felt Louis’s head on her thigh. Her eyes widened as she glanced down at him, but she quickly looked away as she turned to the television. Her cheeks were a flaming red, and she wasn’t sure if she should push him away or not. If she did, she was afraid of waking him, and she could see the dark bags under his eyes. He seemed exhausted, and she honestly didn’t want to wake him at all. With that in mind, she left him be and started to flick through the channels.

After a few moments of watching Say Yes to the Dress, she felt her own eyes slowly drooping. She tried fighting against it, wanting to stay awake, but she ended up falling asleep too with her head back against the couch.

Image

When she woke up, the pressure that she had felt on her thigh earlier was gone along with the warmth that came from it. A yawn fell from her lips as she slowly stretched, and she stretched before she turned her head and saw Louis looking at her. A blush fell across her cheeks, and she was sure they were the same color as before. “What?” she asked with a raise of an eyebrow. His head was slightly tilted to the side, and he seemed to be in thought. His eyes held a familiar look she had seen before many years ago, and she licked her lips nervously as she glanced away.

“You still have the same face as you did back then when you sleep,” he said after a few minutes of silence. Rose felt her breath catch in her throat, and she slowly looked over at him as he continued, “You also still mumble silliness and snore so lightly you would barely notice unless you were listening for it. I forgot how beautiful you looked when you’re asleep.” He seemed to be sad for a moment, but he let a small smile spread across his lips as he said, “I missed watching you sleep. I’m glad I got to see you sleep once more.” He nodded, and she could only wonder why he had to say such things. Why did he have to notice all those things about her? It was making everything so much harder for her.

“You look the same too,” she muttered softly but loud enough for him to hear as she turned her head away from him again. Her cheeks were hot again, and she hoped her hair was hiding it. “You still sleep on people,” she could hear him chuckle lightly as he agreed with her.

“Yeah, you’re nice to sleep on,” he smiled widely at her, and his smile widened just a bit more when he saw how red her cheeks were. “You’re warm,” he added along with that.

She wasn’t sure how to reply as she just stared at him. He seemed to notice what he had said, and his cheeks were starting to turn red as well. “Well,” he darted his gaze away from her to his lap as he rubbed the back of his neck, “um, uh, are you hungry?” He tried to move along the conversation to something else, but she wasn’t really paying attention as she just stared at him.

His fingers were fiddling with each other, and she knew he often did that when he was nervous. She would have though he grown out of it by now, but she guessed not. His eyes were looking everywhere but her, and his cheeks were slowly becoming like hers. With a small smile, she started to laugh and giggle. He seemed even more distraught by this as his eyes widened, and he placed his hands on his hips.

“What?” he asked as he pouted slightly; his cheeks were still a bright red. “Why are you laughing at me?” he sounded like a child as he whined, and it only made her laugh harder as she grabbed at her sides. She wasn’t sure why she found it so funny. Maybe she was releasing all the emotions she had pent up inside of her over the years and just ridding of it.

“It’s,” she paused as she took in a big breath of air, “I just thought that you would have changed a lot over the few years we haven’t seen each other. Especially since you’re a big pop star and all, but you haven’t changed a bit. It makes me happy to know that.” She gave him a smile as she ran a hand through her hair. He probably thought she was crazy for laughing out of the blue like that, but he seemed to be staring at her as well before he reached out and pulled her close to him. His hands on her waist were gentle, though the color of his eyes had darkened a shade or two.

“Would it be alright,” he breathed out softly as he pushed some hair from her face, “to kiss you?” Once her hair was behind her ear and away from her face, he caressed her cheek as he came closer and closer to her; his head tilted to the side before he stopped only an inch from her lips.

She stared into his eyes for a second before she wrapped her arms around his neck and closed the inch between them. “It’s alright,” she murmured against his lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
My babies.
THEY'RE SO ADORABLE!!!

The lovely Maddi is up next!!
Her chapter will be perfect like always!