iMate

Natalie McCartney

Natalie let out a short breath as she sat in her flat. Megan had yet another date, so it was just Nat, a bowl of popcorn, a load of sweets and soda, and the third SAW movie as she sat in a lump on the couch.

Ever since she’d broken things off with Zayn three days ago she felt like there was nothing left inside her but a gaping hole. She had never been this broken up over a lad before, and longed to go back to his flat and play video games. But then she would remember that little girl, throwing rocks at her and screaming she was a whore, the pap descending on her and Zayn like the plague, and she was going to take a bet Perrie wouldn’t be backing off him anytime soon.

But what terrified her was how unsafe she felt now, being alone. She wanted to have Zayn holding her in his arms, protecting her and kissing her so perfectly. She wanted him to look at her with those warm, honey brown eyes and she knew she would feel safe again. And as she laid there she knew she had to be the biggest idiot in all of England for letting him go.

About halfway through the sixth movie there was a knock on the door. She yawned, figuring it must be Megan back from her date as she stood, shuffling over to the door and tossing it open without a second thought. She froze when she was met with those perfect honey eyes and that soft, raven hair. And finally she heard Zayn’s smooth, deep voice and she knew it wasn’t a mirage.

“Natalie.” He whispered, shoving his hands into his pockets. “Can I um, can I come in?”

“Uh, yeah.” She said, stepping to the side and quickly pausing the movie right as blood filled the screen. She tossed down the blanket she’d wrapped around herself before she blushed, remembering she was just wearing short shorts and a tank top. But Zayn didn’t seem to notice as he looked right into her eyes. “So… what did you need?”

“I think you’re making a huge mistake.” He said, his eyes meeting hers. As she looked at him she somehow knew that he had been going through the same hell she had these past few days. There were bags under his eyes, stubble on his perfect chin, and his usually painstakingly styled hair was horribly disheveled. He licked his lips nervously as she looked at him.

“What, but watching SAW 6 in the dark?”

“By being alone.” He said simply. She felt her heart speed up as his eyes started locked with hers. “Natalie, I have never felt so strongly about anyone then I’ve felt about you. Not even when I dated Perrie for a year. Your like a magnet, or sunlight, or oxygen. I really don’t know if I can exist without you.” She turned bright red as he looked at her.

“Zayn…” She whispered. “That was really corny.” She chuckled. He smiled, laughing with her as he ran a hand through his hair.

“Yeah it was.” He admitted. “But it’s true.”

“Zayn I just… I’m not some famous supermodel, I’m not the kind of girl you’re supposed to date.”

“I don’t care.” He insisted. “You’re the only one I want to date. Ever since the first day I met you Nat you burrowed into my brain and you refused to get out.” He took another step closer to her, letting his fingertips trace up her arms. “There is no one on this planet I would rather be with.”

She felt tears stinging her eyes as he let his hands run back down to her hands, lacing her fingers together with his. Both of them felt how perfectly they knotted together as she looked at him. “Zayn… I’m scared.” She admitted. “I don’t want to get attacked again.”

“I won’t let you.” He swore. “Natalie if you just be mine, if you just let me love you I promise no one will ever hurt you ever again as long as I’m still breathing.”

“Zayn…” She whispered. She felt a tear roll down her cheek and pulled one of her hands away to wipe it off, but Zayn beat her to it.

“Please don’t cry.” He murmured. There was a long silence before he pressed his lips together, pulling his hands away. “Look, if you want me to, I’ll walk right out that door and I swear I will never bother you again.” Her eyes shot up to his and she saw the tears he was trying desperately to hide. “But I really, really don’t want to.” She looked at him for a long time before letting out a small sigh.

“Why me?” She whispered. “Out of all the beautiful girls on the planet that throw themselves at your feet, why me?” He smiled at her softly, his grin making her forget every single thing that was wrong with the world.

“Because you just see me as a person, not a superstar.”

“Well, that’s because you nearly wrecked my car.” She said simply. The both chuckled again as she stepped close, lacing their fingers back together. “You know, I had to pay for the repairs myself, and they weren’t cheap. It’s going to cost you.”

“Well in my defense it was a hit and run.” She cocked her head at him and he smiled, pulling her body flush against his. “You stole my heart and you never looked back.” She giggled at that, blushing, but Zayn tipped her head back up. “Natalie, will you be my girlfriend?” She smiled, unable to deny how beautiful she felt when Zayn looked at her like that.

“Yes.” She murmured. He grinned, crashing his lips to hers as she knotted her fingers in his hair, her knees going weak as his lips melted to hers. Finally the two of them pulled away, gasping for breath. Natalie smiled mischievously as she looked at him, chewing her lower lip. “You know, Mary’s probably not coming back tonight.” She whispered. “And I think I’m getting a little bored of torture and guts.” He smiled widely at her, scooping her up into his arms as he gave her another small kiss.

“Well I think I can think of something else to do.” He said, letting his hand slide over her stomach, which was exposed in her tank top. “If, you know, you don’t mind shagging your stalker.” She laughed again, pressing her forehead to Zayn’s and getting lost in his perfect eyes before she gave him a short, sweet kiss.

“Sounds like a plan to me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
HAPPY ENDING.
Oh my goodness, I loved this story so much and all these girls are amazing and I love them all to pieces and excuse me while I go cry because I'm going to miss Natalie and Zayn

I love you all

oxoxoxoxoxox
LS