Status: Active! More comments = More Updates.

Hands of a Killer

The Shadows Are Forming As We Burst Into Flames

Why Does This End This Way?

[Austin's POV]

“Well, where the fuck could he be?” Danny grumbled, after his call to Mitch’s phone had gone to voicemail.
Again.
This was the fourth time he’d called and the fifth time I had called, and we weren’t any closer to knowing.
“I don’t know.” I sighed, placing the Styrofoam container on a bench, and dialing Alex.
“What’s up, Carlile?” he answered, after the third ring.
“Hey, is Mitch there?” I asked, wondering if he had gone back to his bus or something.
“Uh, no…” Alex trailed off, obviously confused. “Dude, you guys were just having lunch.”
“I know…”
“Did you lose our fucking front man hours before the set?” Alex laughed, amused. “Find him.”
He hung up, and I let out a groan of frustration.
“I’m telling you!” Danny spoke up. “He just wanted a free lunch, and he’s making us pay.”
“Then why didn’t he leave AFTER he ate.” I asked sensibly.
“I don’t know, mate.”
“Wait.” I paused. “I’m so fucking stupid!”
“Yeah, you are mate.” Danny smirked, his words still slurring slightly. He was scratching at his wrist. “Why this time?”
“I didn’t think of calling Alan!” I remarked. “Jolie probably wanted to talk to Kenadee, and he went back!”
“Huh.”
Any sense of worry fled, as I dialed Alan’s number and listened to his meowing ring back.
“Austin?” Alan asked, yawning.
“Hey, babe.” I smiled, walking away from Danny.
He didn’t seem to notice, he was too busy scrutinizing something on his wrist and scratching at it.
“What’s up?” he asked.
“I was just wondering if Mitch’s there.” I asked, staring at Danny from the corner of my eye.
“No?” Alan asked, confused. “Didn’t you guys go for lunch?”
“Yeah, but Jolie called and he walked out. That was an hour ago, and he hasn’t been back.
“Oh.” Alan muttered. “No, he hasn’t been back here. If he does, I’ll call you though.”
“Thanks.”
“Yeah. How was your lunch though?”
“It could have been better.” I shrugged. “Danny and Mitch wouldn’t stop arguing, and you know how they get. I would have rather spent the day with you.”
“You should have.” he laughed. “Kenna and I have been coloring and reading books about cats all day.”
“Cute.”
Danny had stopped toying with his wrist, taking his phone out again. He motioned me over.
“Yeah?” I asked, putting Alan on hold.
“Let’s just keep calling him, walking around the restaurant.” Danny suggested. “It’s better than just standing here, flirting with Ginger.”
I shrugged.
We started walking, calling Mitch on Danny’s phone.
“Anyway, what are you and Kenna doing right now?” I asked, following behind Danny.
He was picking at his sleeve again.
“Well, she finally fell asleep.” Alan sighed in relief. “She wanted macaroni & cheese and chicken nuggets for lunch. Then, we watched Aristocats until she fell asleep.”
“Nice.”
We were passing a dank alleyway, nearing an entrance to an outlet mall.
“I swear, if he’s gone in there, we’re never going to find that fucker.” Danny groaned, glancing at the mall.
“Yeah.”
He dialed the number again, and suddenly O.C.D. sounded in the distance, causing us to stop.
“That fucker has his own song as his ringtone!” Danny exclaimed, looking at me in disbelief.
“Uh, you do too.” I muttered.
“Oh, right.”
“Mitch?” I yelled out, stepping into the alley. “Are you in here, Lucker?”
“Hide and Seeks over!”
We were nearing the end of the walkway, when the song became louder and a small device was flashing from the ground.
“That’s his phone.” I concluded, scrolling through the eighteen missed calls from Danny, me, and a private number.
“Mitch!” Danny yelled. “Where the fuck are you?”
“What’s wrong with your wrist?” I asked, watching as he continued to pick at the skin.
He shrugged, offering his hand.
There were faint red streaks, sporadically coating the surface. It came from a small gash near his palm.
“Is…that blood?” I asked, confused.
“Yeah, I tripped over Ben this morning and fell on a broken bottle.” he answered, looking around.
“Oh.”
“Austin?” Alan’s voice came through the receiver. “I’m still on the phone, you know?”
“Oh, sorry!” I laughed. “Anwa-”
“Fucking hell!” Danny yelled, his face turning white as he stared at the ground. He was a few feet in front of me, half of his body covered by a stack of abandoned boxes.
“What?” I asked, running to him.
“Fuck!”
“What?” Alan asked. “What’s going on? Austin? Talk to me, babe. What happened?”
He was getting worried, but I couldn’t answer.
We had found Mitch, slumped against the ground. His eyes were slightly open, but they appeared hollow.
There was a permanent frown etched onto his face, which screamed pain and betrayal.
“Mitch…” I whispered, knowing it was useless.
There was a long gash along the base of his neck, dried blood gathered along the wound.
His sleeveless arms bared the same view, but blood continued to run steadily from them.
I could feel my stomach twist.
“D-Danny…” I heaved, feeling my knees tremble and lock. “D-Danny, what happened?”
“I…”
He was speechless. For once, Danny fucking Worsnop was speechless.
“Austin?” Alan shouted.
“Alan.” I breathed, trying to find my voice. “Call for…help.”
“Where are you?”
“Th-the…” I couldn’t speak.
Danny snatched the phone from me, seemingly able to focus and actually speak now.
“Hey Ginger, it’s me. We’re at the far end of the alleyway between the outlet mall and the Chili’s on Mercer Street.”
He hung up, facing me.
“Austin…”
“He’s dead.” I whispered, flatly. “He’s fucking dead, isn’t he?”
Danny didn’t answer, putting a hand on my shoulder.
“How are you not freaked out by this?” I demanded, feeling on the edge of tears.
Again, Danny shrugged.
It wasn’t long before you could hear the sound of sirens coming from the distance.
They pulled into the alleyway, brightening the darkness with flashing red and blue lights.
There were three police cars, two ambulances, a fire and rescue truck, and a fire truck.
Even the coroner’s truck had arrived.
The room was starting to spin, the surroundings giving away. I couldn’t breathe anymore.
“You’re alright mate.” Danny soothed. “You’re alright.”
“Austin!”
Alan was running towards me, a desperate expression on his face. He was being followed by Tino and Alex.
“Alan, don’t!” I tried to warn him. I didn’t want him seeing Mitch like that.
“Austin!”
He pushed past the police officers, running towards me and Danny.
Before I could say anything, his eyes caught sight of Mitch’s body which was being looked over by a doctor.
He arrived, just in time to hear him speak.
“Mitchell Adam Lucker. Time of Death: November 1, 2012 at 8:55 PM.”
“What?!”
He stopped, the color draining from his face and literally just burst into tears. “What happened?!”
“We don’t know.” Danny answered, looking down.
“Come on, Love.” I mumbled, finding the strength to stand up. “Let’s get you back to the tour bus, alright?”
This was fucking terrible.
I didn’t know what we were supposed to do, or how to deal with this. Worse, I didn’t know how we were supposed to tell the fans.
“I’m sorry, your biggest idol and inspiration was viciously murdered in an alleyway.”
Yeah, because that’s what they want to hear.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: If You Can't Ride Two Horses At Once; Asking Alexandria

Hey look, I finally updated this story!

Comments, please!