Status: Writing like a 97 year old granny...

Hope for the Hopeless

Having A Deal With The Devil

I woke up with the worst headache ever. My legs were still a little bit puffy from the allergic reaction last night. The thoughts in my head were just a huge blur and I couldn’t remember much, except me shoving a huge rock at someone’s windshield. I winced as I got up from the mattress, my head cursed at me for drinking too much and drying up my brain.

“Hey Arya, you up?” Casey peeked through the door. She saw me sitting at the corner of my bed and came inside. “Here, I made you some tea.”

Silence fell over us for a while as took a sip of the lovely tea she’d made.

“Am I in trouble?” I finally asked.

Casey remained silent for about 30 seconds before letting out a deep breath. “Look, it’s not as bad as you think. But Niall—” she paused. “Well, he called last night.”

I stared at her blankly, as the memory of what had happened last night came flooding back inside my head. “He was furious?” She nodded. “He wants me to pay for it?”

“He wants you in jail.”

“What?!” I shrieked. “Casey, no, I can’t go to jail! I haven’t even started college yet, I just got here. Jesus, what do I even—”

“Alright, just calm down!” she retorted. “I talked to him, and well—he agreed with you paying for it.”

“And how much damage did I cause?”

“£9,500”

I almost fainted. “Casey, I—I don’t think” I stammered.

“What? What do you mean?”

I breathed deeply. “I can’t even pay for my own tuition, let alone pay for a stranger’s windshield.”

“What? But what about College? I thought you were going to—” she stopped. “You’re under scholarship.” She said, as deep realization overwhelmed the two of us.

I nodded. “Aunt Hazel can’t find out, if she does, the grandparents will too and I’ll be so dead... Last night was just stupid, oh god.” I cried out.

Casey quickly got up and gave me a hug. “Don’t worry, we’ll figure this out. Aunt Hazel won’t even know about it.”

We agreed about meeting up with this Niall person, whoever he is, and me apologizing in person. I figured he’d let me pay less if I do, since according to Casey, he was actually a really nice guy. Well, we’ll just see about that.

When we got there, he still wasn’t around. Apparently, the guy has probably never received the most punctual award. We waited for more than hour until he finally arrived, together with his friend. “Zayn, Niall. Hi!” Casey greeted, as the blonde haired brat and his friend gave her a hug. “Arya, this is Niall and Zayn. Niall and Zayn, this is Arya. ” I took the liberty of reaching my hand out so he could just shake it and we could get things done. To my surprise, he actually took it. But instead, he pulled me in and gave me a hug like he did with Casey—as if we hadn’t gotten into a brawl last night. His friend followed his action and hugged me too.

We sat down and had our teas served shortly after. “Look, er—Niall” I paused, wondering if I’d said the right name. He turned his attention to me and I knew I was correct. “I’m really sorry about last night, I was pretty intoxicated and I was having a really bad allergy attack. So uh—”

“It’s alright.” He cut me off, the smugness was still apparent in his voice.

“Oh” I smiled nervously, although I was feeling a bit pissed. “Alright.”

“Uh, well there is this teeny-tiny problem.” I added. He raised an eyebrow and I continued. “I can’t pay you right away.”

“And why is that?”

“You see, I’m gonna be attending College soon and I don’t…really have a job yet.” I replied, a hint of nervousness in my voice.

“Then, that isn’t really my problem now is it?”

THAT’S FUCKING IT. But before I could even lash out again at that (fake) blonde prick, Casey was quick to think of something. “When do you need to get your car fixed anyway?” she asked, her voice rising a pitch higher than the usual.

Niall diverted his attention to her. “By the end of the month.”

That’s 28 days from today, what the hell? Even he can’t make £9,500 in 28 days. This jackass has got to be kidding me.

“I-I don’t think I can make that much in so little time.” I stuttered.

He laughed obnoxiously. “And yet you just decided to break somebody’s windshield, eh? That’s pretty smart of you.”

I was trying hard to contain myself. One more rude word that comes out of this guy’s mouth and I’m giving him a good punch right at the kisser. My knuckles were ready, and it was already turning white. “Maybe there’s another way I can pay you—please.”

“Well love, you can work for me if you want to earn money.” Zayn stated, cutting into the conversation. We all turned to him, looking befuddled and surprised. Even Niall didn’t see that coming.

“No.” His blonde friend retorted. “She didn’t break your windshield, she broke mine. She’ll have to work for Me.” he sounded like child.

Zayn only smirked at him, as if he knew that his friend was going to say that. I was starting to think that there was something going on between the two of them. “Okay then, she’ll work for you.” he finally said.

“And what if I don’t want to?” I disputed.

“Then I’ll have your arse in jail.”

I slumped back at my seat. Casey looked at me hopelessly. There was no way out of this, and there were no other choices either. I mentally slapped myself at the back of the head, since this was all partly my fault. I turned to Niall and found him staring at me profoundly.

“Fine, I’ll work for you.”

And with that, a smile appeared on his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yaaaay. This actually turned out nice, sigh okay I worked hard for this chapter. I kind of got lost at the middle.

Thank you to those who read this and subscribed!! You're all awesome!!
(P.S.: I'm still trying to figure out this layout thing, I didn't think it would be this hard. The old one was much more easier--well, for me at least.)