Status: Writing like a 97 year old granny...

Hope for the Hopeless

Wrong Neighborhood, Pal

Niall didn’t ask for me to come by early today. He was busy preparing for something I couldn’t care less about. So this is presumably a day-off for me, and I plan on spending it by myself—within the confines of my bedroom.

“Oh come on, Arya. Don’t be such a buzz kill. We hadn’t spent time together since three days ago.” Casey whined, still trying to get me to shop with her. It was inevitable, she and I knew from the moment she entered my bedroom with an annoyingly cheery look on her face. I caved in 30 minutes later.

One shop after another that was how we spent 4 hours at the shopping centre. My feet were starting to hurt despite the fact that I was wearing the most comfortable flats, but that didn’t stop the red-headed beast from dragging me inside Topshop. “You look extra fit on that one, Ar.” Now, my name had gone from Arya, Rya to Ar. We were still not close to being done. My pockets were now cursing me for spending what’s left of my ‘extra cash’.

“Casey, if we don’t leave now I’ll have nothing left for my tuition. Let’s go before my wallet starts screaming in agony.” I melodramatically stated. Finally, Casey was drained and we headed back home.

We arrived a few minutes past 11 PM. The streets of Notting Hill were—empty, surprisingly. I’m still far from getting used this. Apart from that, an almost 6 ft. tall guy was sitting by the stairs to our apartment.

Niall. He’d buried his face on his hands, but Casey and I could clearly tell it was him. Also, his car was parked across the street. What a giveaway.

“Nialler!” Casey cheerfully called as she walked to him. I dragged behind, thinking it’s better to just give them privacy. They are good friends after all. “Hey, what’s wrong buddy?” she sounded worried now but I kept walking, heading for the door.

So close, I could feel the knob on my fingers already. “Arya! Help me out here! This guy’s a pissed drunk.” Shit. I turn back and there he was, passed out on my friend’s shoulder. She was struggling to keep him up and from falling on the pavement.

“One, two, three. Okay! I got him, just drag him up or something.” I wasn’t and haven’t always been the one on the lighter and skinnier side, but this guy was too heavy for me. Casey and I had to carry him up a flight of stairs and to our living room. The bloody bloke was still knocked out cold. “I’m gonna go get some ice and water, Arya take off his shoes and get some pillows and a blanket from my room.”

Thankfully, Niall wasn’t a fuzzy drunk or sleeper. He kept farting though, which isn’t really a pleasant thing. I tried to get him out of his coat but he wouldn’t budge, teamwork with Casey was needed to get the thing done.

2:30 AM

Water has entered
my lungs
and I drown.
There are no bars
to hold onto,
I can’t resurface.
I can’t breathe
I can’t breathe
Help me
I can’t—

[Loud farting noise] What the fuck. I awoke from my nightmare of a slumber. It’s dark and I can’t move at all. Did I fart? I never do in my sleep. Am I dreaming? No, I stopped dreaming when my grandparents decided to ship me off to this forsaken place.

Wait. I feel movement. Someone’s in here. Jesus Christ, please let it not be a murderer. Another loud fart. Oh, my god. It can’t be, this can’t be. Why is he here? Why, why, why?!

“What in God’s name are you doing here?!” I screamed. And he jolted up from his rather comfortable sleep. “Niall, what the fucking hell are you doing in my bedroom?!!”

He’d covered his head with a pillow—my pillow. I take it from him and asked again.

“Wha?! What are you doing here?” He groggily shot back.

“You’re in my bedroom, fool.”

He quickly got up, disoriented and a mess. “I—I’m sorry, I didn’t—” his voice sounded hoarse and guilty.

“Calm down, Niall. Wait here, I’ll get you some water.” He swallowed hard then and I left the room.

8:00 AM

We’d gathered in the living room, the three of us. Casey looking like she hadn’t gotten any sleep at all, Niall was just disheveled in many different levels and I was cranky and hungry.

“I think we should just acknowledge the ground rules here, y’know.” Even I couldn’t believe my mouth couldn’t shut itself. Casey and the disheveled boy turned to look at me with a hint of surprise on their faces. Here we go.

Shifting from my seat uncomfortably, I said “Ugh. This guy just walked into my room, slept on my bed and not to mention, farted aggressively while I was in there. Just because I work for hi—“

“Hold up.” Niall cut me off, he held a hand up to protest. “I was extremely drunk” he slurred the words out, “and the couch was murder me back.” Of course, I sounded like an ass after his brief speech and I had to apologise for it.

Casey got up, excused herself and went to shower as I was left to deal with this idiot. He was falling asleep again, but I woke him up before he could even indulge himself in the idea. “Hey, you better move before the couch starts murdering your back again.” Niall grunted, huffed and scoffed before retrieving his coat and headed for the door.

“I need you at my house by 4 PM, don’t be late.”

And he was back to his old self.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello, again! It's been such a long long long while. Wow. Sorry about that, I went on writing hiatus because of University. It'd consumed so much of my time that I just couldn't fit the extra work then. But hey, I'm back! Also thanks to this certain person who'd recently commented on this fan fiction! Thank you for subtly motivating me.

Have a great day everyone x