Status: I hope this is sappy enough. c:

Amelia

And Every Time I See Your Face

“You are, without a doubt, the worst pirate I’ve ever heard of.”

I furrowed my eyebrows at Jenna. “But you have heard of me,” I responded, trying to act just like Jack Sparrow. Jenna and I laughed in sync.

We had just arrived at the movie theatre and were waiting in line to purchase our tickets. We had already seen The Curse of the Black Pearl once before, but you can’t just watch Pirates of the Caribbean one time and be completely satisfied. It’s impossible.

I felt a weird pull in my stomach ever since I told Jenna that I had said no when Jackson asked me out. I don’t know why I lied to her like that, but I was scared. Jenna could hold grudges easily. I didn’t want to risk our friendship.

I would have to cancel my plans with Jackson. I pulled out my phone and sent him a quick message.

Can’t hang out. I have other things to do.

I closed my phone and smiled at my best friend. Soon we were at the ticket booth and getting our tickets. A vibration in my pocket told me somebody was calling me. I looked at the screen and sighed.
“Hey. You get us some popcorn. I need to pee,” I told Jenna.

“Okay,” she responded.

I walked off to the bathroom and answered my phone. “Ya?”

“What could be more important than seeing me?” Jackson asked.

I groaned. “I’m with Jenna. We’re at the movies. And frankly, what we’re doing isn’t right. She’s had the biggest crush on you for the longest time and I’m not going to let a guy break apart our friendship.” With that, I closed my phone and sighed. I looked up in the mirror and instantly disliked what I saw. I wasn’t pretty at all. My nose was too big, my hair was ratted from P.E. and I was way too skinny.

I already knew my problem. I’m too upset with myself that I try to surround myself with pretty people. Mostly guys. I like being used, because it backs up my evidence that I’m a disgusting person. People tell me every day. And Jenna seems to make everything feel better. We’ve known each other since we were 12 when I moved to Sydney. We were exactly like each other and planned on started a band once we got out of high school.

I fluffed up my hair and walked back outside to meet up with Jenna. My pace slowed when I saw her with a boy. He was cute, too. Jenna looked super awkward around him, so I knew she thought the same. I cracked a smile and walked up to my friend.

“Oh, hey, Amelia. This is Matt. We just met.”

I politely smiled. “Hey.”

“Hello,” Matt said in his think accent.

“Amy, Matt was just telling me how he’s looking for people to join his band. He’s a drummer, see. And then I told him our plans and….well, maybe we could go jam with him sometime?” It sounded like Jenna was asking me. Like it was my choice if we go or not.

“That’s awesome. How long have you been playing?” I asked him.

“Ever since I was younger. What do you play?”

“A little bit of bass. But enough about me. Jenna’s an amazing singer.”

Matt smiled at Jenna and I could see her blush.

“What are you here to see?” I questioned Matt.

“Pirates of the Caribbean, of course. I’m here with my friend, Cameron.”

“Oh, cool. Then you can sit with us.” Jenna shot me a look, telling me to shut up, but I pretended to ignore it.

“Ya. That’d be cool,” Matt agreed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was probably the worst idea for me to invite Matt and his friend to sit with us. The movie itself was as amazing as the first time I watched it. But I didn’t get to sit next to Jenna, Cameron and Matt in the middle of us. I would have been okay with just that; not perfect, but okay. But Cameron would not shut the hell up. I conversed with him during the trailers at the beginning of the movie, laughing at his jokes, but when the movie started, I wanted to destroy him. I was contemplating on moving to the back of the theatre, but he would probably follow me.

When the credits rolled, it took everything in me not to cheer loudly. Matt and Jenna were the first out of our row, chattering excitedly about the movie, while I groaned and rubbed my head, listening to another story about Cameron’s uncle jet-skiing.

When we were outside, I waited for Jenna to exchange numbers with Matt and Cameron so ‘we’ could meet up with them soon, wanting to just leave. It was already starting to get dark and I wanted to go home and be away from loud people.

“I had a great time,” Cameron told me, opening his arms for a hug.

“Erm…” I stood in one place while he wrapped his arms around me.

“Jenna.” She didn’t hear me. “Jen.” I whistled. Her head shot up.

I could hear her whispering to Matt. “She’s pissed at me. I should probably go. Thank you.”

I turned and walked off, her following me. “Amy, stop. I’m sorry, okay? I told Matt to tell Cameron to shut up but he wouldn’t listen.”

“That shouldn’t matter, Jenna. For Christ’s sake, you just met the guy,” I argued with her.

“Well I’m sorry that I liked the attention! You, yourself, should know how much I need it. I’ve never had a boyfriend, let alone a guy friend. Is it so bad that we had a lot in common and I didn’t want it to end?”

I slammed the car door and crossed my arms over my chest. I heard Jenna groan outside. She was soon in the car, too. “Are you really this mad at me? I mean, it’s not like we’re dating or anything, Amelia.”

I was shocked. “Are you kidding me right now? Are we really having this conversation? I came to the movies with my best friend so we can spend time together. I didn’t think we would meet guys to hook up with!”

“Who said I was hooking up with him?! It was your idea for them to sit with us in the first place!”

“That was before I found out his friend was an annoying twat!”

Jenna huffed and put the car in gear, speeding out of the parking lot. I just leaned my arm against the rest and rested my head against the window, loud music filling the silence.

Very soon, Jenna had pulled up to my house. My fingers fumbled for the handle, but it was locked. “Now you know how I feel when you blow me off for guys,” she mumbled.

I furrowed my eyebrows at her, mouth hanging open. “Smooth, Jenna. That’s a really nice way to call me a slut,” I threw at her, before unlocking the door myself and slamming the door open.

I didn’t have time to watch her speed away down the street; I was already in the house.

--

I found my dad asleep on the couch. He had been watching Saturday Night Live and it was still blaring from the TV. I sighed and crossed the living room to turn the program off.

He awoke from the lack of noise and I cursed at myself, because that’s exactly what I didn’t want to do. I could use a night where I didn’t have to deal with him.

“Where’ve you been?” he grumbled, rubbing at his eyes. He’d been drinking; I could tell from the beer cans on the floor.

“Out with Jenna.”

“You didn’t even ask me, Amelia,” he tutted at me.

“Sorry, Dad. I kinda figured you wouldn’t mind.”

“What the hell is that supposed to mean?” He was getting angry.

“Nothing, Dad. I’m just going to go to bed,” I told him, kicking my shoes off by the door.

“Take your shoes upstairs, this is not a welfare. And take all that shit off of your face,” he ordered. “You look like a hooker.”

I walked upstairs, leaving my shoes by the door and ignoring him.

My room was a mess, but it was my safe haven. The walls were littered with classic rock goddesses; Joan Jett, Courtney Love, Blondie, and Cyndi Lauper stared back at me. My dedication, inspiration. This was the one place that I can really get away from the outside world. I put one of my favorite records on my record player: Raising Hell. You know the song Walk This Way featuring Aerosmith, of course.

I changed quickly into my pajamas and laid down on my bed, staring up at my Blackhearts poster, looking for any inspiration. My life was a complete mess when I got home and the only person who could make me really feel better was Jenna. But I had a feeling that things weren’t going to be the same anymore now that she’s found Matt.

My dad slammed my door open and threw my shoes at me, one hitting me in the face and the other on the floor. I picked it up and threw it back at him, but it only hit the closed door. I felt my face, knowing there was going to be a bruise.

There was always a bruise.

My phone buzzed on the nightstand.

JennaBear: You still mad?

I rolled my eyes and thought of something to say back. 5 minutes later, I got another text.

JennaBear: Well if you are or not, I’m still coming over tomorrow. And you're not a slut, Amy.

Me: Of course I’m not mad. And I kinda figured. Thank you :) ((HUGG!))

JennaBear: (: ((HUGG!))

Things were still perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment if you enjoyed this chapter!!!