Status: I hope this is sappy enough. c:

Amelia

We Were Close When We Were Young And Naive

Jenna’s POV

Won't you come see about me? I'll be alone, dancing and you know it baby.

No, please. Not right now.

Tell me your troubles and doubts. Giving me everything inside and out.

I rolled over onto my phone, the noise subsiding, and when I noticed I couldn’t hear it anymore, I smiled and fell back asleep.

Love's strange so real in the dark. Think of the tender things that we were working on. Slow change may pull us apart. I'll get us back together at heart, baby.

I groaned into my pillow and gave into the ringing.

DON’T YOU FORGET ABOUT ME. DON’T DON’T DON’T DON’T!

“WHAT, AMY? WHAT COULD YOU POSSIBLY WANT RIGHT NOW?” I screamed at my friend.

“Well, someone’s in a pissy mood.”

“I stayed up all night, going against my mother’s will and playing a rock show in front of hundreds of people. There was a fucking encore. Do NOT act like I’m not tired as a motherfucker.” I argued.
The line on the other end went dead, and before I thought she hung up, I heard faint crying. I sighed.

“I’m sorry, Amelia. I’ll be right over.” Obviously something happened this morning to make her upset. But then I realized it.

Today was the 8th anniversary of her mom’s death. I groaned to myself. I felt so bad now.

Instead of trying to take a shower (the possibility of running into my mother and having to face her wrath), I changed into the clothes I wore last night and packed a bag full of movies and candy, something I was used to ever since Amy first told me about her mom.

I snuck over to my window, hoping my mom didn’t hear my movement, and opened the window a crack.

“And where do you think you are going?”

Fuck.

“Hey, Mommy,” I smiled, hoping she wouldn’t be too mad.

“Don’t suck up to me, Jenna McDougall.” I winced. She was pissed. “Where were you last night?”

“I was with Amelia, Mum.” It wasn’t a total lie.

My mom sighed and rubbed her fingers to her temples. “You know how I feel about her, Jenny.”

“Ya, Mum, I do. But you can’t tell me what to do anymore! I’m going to hang out with the people I want to, no matter what you and Dad say.”

That slipped out of nowhere, and it wasn’t supposed to. Since when did I talk back to my own mother?

“Oh really? So that means you weren’t with Amelia.” It wasn’t a question.

“She was there.”

“Mhm. Where were you, Jenna?”

I groaned. “I was at the Ogden,” I whispered.

Her facial expression changed completely. It went from anger, to pure hatred.

“You were WHERE?”

“Mum, please!” I needed to go, before Amelia does something stupid. It wouldn’t be the first time.

“You know how I feel about you getting into that emo shit, Jenna!”

“I know, Mum. But would you please just listen to me?” I begged. My mom stood there with her arms crossed over her chest and tapping her foot, like a mother would do. “I want to make music, Mum. I’m really good at it! It’s what I live for. You should have seen it last night! Everyone loved us! I just really wish you would see that this isn’t emo shit and that it’s real.”

My mom gasped. “You started a band without telling me?!”

“Well….ya,” I said, calmly.

It took me a few minutes for her to compose herself. She was really pretty, long blonde hair and blue eyes, like me. I already knew her problem with me. She didn’t want me to end up like her. My mom used to be really talented, she was even in a band, but then she met my dad and she completely changed, wanting me to go nowhere near music in general. She looked up from the ground and held out her hand.

“Give me your phone.”

My mouth dropped.

“No.”

“Jenna, give me your phone, god dammit!”

I started feeling pretty brave so I fought back. “Don’t let Dad hear you curse. It’ll ruin the perfect image he has of you,” I mocked her.

“You. Are GROUNDED.”

“I’M SO SCARED.” I ignored her completely and fully opened my window, stepping out onto the tree branch. From there on, I would be able to swiftly climb down until I reached the safe ground.

But that didn’t happen. There was no safety for me.

After the first step, my mom grabbed for me, catching one of my backpack straps. She tugged, breaking my backpack, causing me to fall to my doom.

I guess I hit my head pretty bad. I was knocked unconscious.

I woke up in the hospital a few hours later.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long. :/ I've been sick. But I'll try to update more now that I have 10 SUBSCRIBERS. YOU GUYS ROCK.

Amelia~Tonight Alive