Status: I hope this is sappy enough. c:

Amelia

You'll Always Be Beautiful

I already knew what Jenna was seeing. I stared at the marks for 4 hours in the mirror, figuring out how to fix this.

The slashes against my back had been messily super glued together by me, hoping I wouldn't have to go to the hospital and tell them what had happened.

I barely remembered it anyways. But what I do remember, I wish I could forget.

-------------------------------------------

My dad is always the worst the anniversary of my mom's passing, and I try to avoid him as much as possible. But when Callan had to go home, and knowing Jenna wasn't where I needed her, I decided to go home anyways.

I guess I was hoping he would be asleep, since it was 3 in the morning, and he doesn't stay up past midnight. But when I walked into the house and found him passed out on the coffee table, with beer cans littered all over the floor, I knew that I should've just stayed out. He would have left for work in a couple of hours anyways.

He heard me close the door, and jolted awake.

"Amy?" he grumbled.

He never called me Amy. It was always 'girl' or Amelia. I silently thanked God, thinking Dad was going to be in an okay mood.

But then he checked his watch.

"It's way past your curfew."

"I know, Dad. Sorry. Jenna hurt herself and I was visiting..."

"Do you think I'm stupid, girl? I know when the hours are."

I cursed myself. Things got quiet. "I'm sorry. I'm just going to go to bed."

"Like hell you are. Get your ass over here."

Pretty soon, he was throwing broken bottles against my back, and I couldn't do anything to stop it, knowing that the penalty will be only more pain.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I wiped my face and pulled my shirt down.

"Amelia. If you don't think he's crossed the line enough to call the police, then something is wrong with you."

"I already know something is wrong with me, Jenna."

I pulled out the package from my jacket pocket and threw my dad's wallet on top of everything.

Jenna shook her head. "Amy, no-"

"It's only two grand. It won't last long. But I'm not sticking around to see how the rest of my life plays out in Sydney fucking Australia."

"You aren't doing this Amelia. I won't let you ruin your life like this."

I scoffed. "Are you kidding me? My life is already complete shit, and it will only stay that way unless I leave. And that's what I'm doing. Can't you see, Jenna?" I smiled and took my best friend's hands in mine. "It can only go up from here."

She wiped her nose on my arm and shook her head, tears falling faster and faster. "You're just leaving?"

I nodded slowly. "But you have Matt, and Whakaio, and Cam, and....stop crying, please. Of course, I'll come visit. I just don't see the need to stay here any longer." I wiped her face with my sleeve and kissed her forehead. "I love you, Jenna. I'll keep in touch. I won't ever be too far away, I promise."

Jenna didn't fight back, she just sat there crying. And there was nothing else I could do but leave.
♠ ♠ ♠
Amelia~Tonight Alive