Sequel: Whispers
Status: Active

Burn

Harry watched as tears streamed down Rae’s face, her green eyes unable to contain them. She looked so small, standing there in his t-shirt that engulfed her tiny frame, her dark chocolate waves a mess and her slight height that he towered over. Her back was pressed against the wall as she glared at him, hands trembling.

No words came to his lips, though he tried to formulate a sentence. He clenched his fist, his anger rising, though it was not directed at the girl in front of him, but at himself. He hated that he couldn’t find words to say to her, to offer her comfort.

When he said nothing, she nodded to herself, making a disgusted face. She glared at him full force and it hit Harry like a knife in the stomach, twisting and causing him pain. “I’m so done with this,” she whispered, the hurt raw in her voice, making it crack. She swallowed and he knew she was made at herself for sounding weak. She hated sounding weak. “Fix your fucking self, I’m done doing it.”

Rae pushed herself from the wall and made for the door, but he moved faster than her snatching her wrist to prevent her from leaving. “Let me go!” she screamed, louder than he had heard her scream in a long time. The tears were spilling over her eyes faster. “God dammit let me fucking go!”

His grip tightened on her wrist, her volume and words waking up the anger in him, the anger that she usually made go away, that she usually healed. “Don’t talk to me like that,” he growled, his voice scaring even him. He hated when her temper flared, it’s bite always strong.

“Or what?” she hollered, yanking her wrist but failing to remove it from his ironclad grasp. Her eyes flashed with danger. “What are you going to do, Harry?”

He clenched his fist.

Her ++ Him
Them

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Styles, as much as I'd like to. But I own the entire plot and original characters. Plot is inspired by the Love The Way You Lie music video.