Sequel: Whispers
Status: Active

Burn

;

Rows of cells lined both sides of the hallways, sealed white doors with hard, Plexiglas looking holes sealing them. A single officer walked down the hall, checking each cell to make sure it’s occupant was in their. It was lights out time, and it was his job.

Walking to the last cell, he opened it and let himself in, as he often did. He carried a stack of books in his hand, for his favorite inmate. The boy in the cell, had his back to him, sitting on his bed. His blonde head was dipped low, nose in a book.

The officer smiled fondly. The boy had always been very calm and quiet, which is why he preferred him over many of the other inmates. In this jail, there were not many who had a cool, collected attitude like this one.

“Here you go, lad,” he said, setting the three old tombs on the bed. The boy turned his head a fraction, glancing at them before facing him fully, appreciate lighting his green eyes. “Brought you some more. You go through them like crazy.”

“Well there is not much else to do,” he answered kindly, shutting the book he was on. “Reading keeps me sane.”

“Well, I’ve heard that if you keep up the good behavior, you get out early on parole.”

The boy smiled. “That’s quite good to here. Thank you, sir.”

The officer nodded and opened the door, walking out. Before closing the door he gave the boy an encouraging nod. “You’ll be out of it before you know it, Leon.”

The door closed and the lights went out, but a pair of green eyes glowed in the dark like a cats. “I fully intend on it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
...... (: