A New Beginning

A New Beginning

This is my very late Christmas present to all of you who loved “The Life I Never Knew I had” story.
There will be updates on that story once this chapter goes up.

“Hello doctor,” I said as I walked into the sugary room. Doctor Drew was already putting on his gloves when I walked over to him.
“Hello Jennifer,” he said as I joined him and grabbed a pair of gloves. “Ready?” he asked.
“It’s all I’ve been thinking about since this morning,” I admitted.
He laughed and pulled up his mask. “Let’s go,” he said as I followed him over to our patient.
An hour or so later Doctor Drew and I headed down to the cafeteria for lunch.
“Nice work in there,” he said smiling at me.
“Back at you,” I said walking a little closer to him just as we walked pass room 207. I slowed my pace and looked over at it.
It was empty.
Ryan left two years ago. Somehow Damien knew he was dead and sent his huntsmen to finish the job. Lucky for Ryan I was there to save him.
The fourth attack Lance was sent to kill Ryan. He told me to get Ryan out of the hospital and somewhere where Damien couldn’t find him. So my mom made up some bullshit reason why we had to ship Ryan to Switzerland. The hospital bought it Ryan was gone that morning. I missed him, but that part of my life was over.
“Are you okay?” Doctor Drew asked interrupting my thoughts.
“Yeah, let’s go,” I said leading the way down stairs. He followed close behind me and we eat lunch together before heading back to work.
My shift ended around seven and I headed straight home. I was still in the mind set that I had to lay low. Since Ryan left I haven’t heard or seen of Damien. But I still wanted to be careful.
Once I settled in I started to make dinner, it was going to be pizza night. We had some left over dough from the last pizza night.
“Honey I’m home!”
“Hey,” I said turning around to smile at him.
Doctor Drew walked over to me and hugged my waist, “missed me?”
I smiled. “Always,” I said before leaning up to kiss him quickly. I walked out of his hold to put the pizza in the oven.
“I’ll be back in a sec,” he said as he walked out of the kitchen.
It wasn’t safe for me to stay at my apartment anymore. Before Doctor Drew and I got together I moved in with my Antonio and his wife.

I stood in the doorway of room 207 and sipped my coffee.
“Jennifer?” Doctor Drew said walking over to me.
“Hello doctor,” I said turning to face him.
“Are you okay?” he asked joining me.
“Yeah, I was just turning off the light,” I lied quickly turning off the light and walked out.
“Jennifer…”
“Yes, doctor?”
“Call me Jason,” he said pushing his hands into his pockets.
“Okay…Jason,” I smiled.
“Do you want to join me for dinner? I’m making lasagna tonight…”
It’s been six mouth since Ryan left.
“I’d like that,” I said smiling.
Doctor Drew smiled and quickly went the other way.

“Smells delicious, babe,” Jason said resting his chin on my shoulder.
“Thanks, hun,” I said cleaning up my mess.
“So, how was your day?” he asked hugging my waist.
“Pretty calm. Our surgery went well; that was the highlight of my day.”
Jason chuckled. “I thought so too.”
The over dinged and Jason took out the pizza and placed it on the stove. I passed him the pizza cutter and he gave me a quick peak on the lips as a thank you.
I watched my handsome doctor boyfriend cut the pizza into slices. I watched his lips from a smile and he glanced over at me.
“What?”
“Nothing you’re just really good looking,” I said hugging his waist.
“So are you,” he said facing me.
Jason leaned down to kiss me, longingly. I slowly pulled away before things got too intimate. Jason smiled and kissed my forehead.
I pulled away and got two plates for us. I handed one to Jason and we filled our plates with pizza before sitting down at the table together.
“Wine?” he asked purring himself a glass.
“Yes please.”
Jason handed me a glass and we continued to eat together.