Status: Ongoing

We Shouldn't Have Met Like This

Two

Jack manages to find his way home easily; thankfully Alex's house is just outside of town and not too far from Jack's apartment. Checking his watch as he drives, Jack finds that it's 10 o'clock, meaning his girlfriend should still be in bed if he's lucky. It's a Sunday, after all.
He pulls up on the driveway and manages to slip in his front door without too much sound. Opening their bedroom door, Jack mentally high-fives himself because his girlfriend is still in bed, fast asleep and snoring. Her blonde hair is just visible from beneath the covers that are rising and falling with her heavy breathing. Jack removes his shoes and jeans and slips in beside her, careful not to wake her.
She murmurs something unintelligible before adjusting to the new weight and wrapping an arm around Jack's chest.
Sighing, Jack does his best to ignore the pain in his ass (literally) and get some sleep.

~

Jack finally stirs when his girlfriend wakes up, no later than 1:47pm, according to his alarm clock.
"Jack. Jack, c'mon."
"Mmm?"
"Babe, it's like two in the afternoon. Wake up."
Jack's eyes open reluctantly, meeting the sleepy gaze of his girlfriend, Freya. Well, at least he's sure it's her this time and not a tall, muscular stranger. She smiles at him, cupping his cheek with her hand and pressing a kiss to Jack's lips. His stomach wrenches with guilt, knowing his lips were being abused by someone else just last night.
"What time did you get home? I waited up for you," she pouts.
"Not sure, Zack was begging me to stay with him and Ri..."
"Did you not get my texts?"
"Uh, I don't think so. Lemme check," Jack mumbles, rolling over and grabbing his jeans from the floor, fishing around in the pocket for his phone. Shit. Did he leave it at Alex's? Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.
"Shit, I must've left my fucking phone at the bar," he groans, slapping his forehead. Freya laughs.
"You're so fucking dumb, oh my god. Go use mine and call it."
Jack takes her advice and rolls out of bed, grabbing her phone off the bedside table and padding into the kitchen, dialling his number. He leans against the counter as it rings.

"Hello?

"Alex?"

"Who's this?"

"Who the fuck do you think it is? It's Jack, you asshole," Jack hisses, trying to keep quiet. The male on the other end of the line chuckles.

"Ohh, Jack. What's up, baby?"

"You have my phone, you dick. I want it back."

"No need to be rude. What's the magic word?"

Jack can tell Alex is just loving this. He kind of wants to reach down the phone and rip the guy's tongue out.

"Please," Jack spits through gritted teeth. Alex laughs airily.

"Oh, fine. Since you asked so nicely. I'll meet you on Thames Street at three, in that little coffee shop I like."

"Fine."

"Sounds like a date."

Jack hangs up with a growl.
"What'd they say, babe?"
Jack turns as he feels his girlfriend's arms slide up his back and over his shoulders. He threads his arms around her waist automatically.
"The, uh, barman said he found it and he's holding on to it for me."
"Awesome, so shall I make a late breakfast?"
Jack grins, bending down to kiss her. "Sounds good."

While he showers, Jack's mind travels to Alex. Alex and his stupid fucking smirk. He makes Jack's blood boil. Sure, he was a good fuck. There was proof of that in the way Jack's ass still protested whenever he moved.
But, damn, he loved Freya. He'd been with her for three years now, since they were 19. They'd finished college and moved in together, that's when things had gotten semi-serious for Jack.
He'd gotten a job at a small hotel nearby, nothing serious, he was just the receptionist. It paid well and that was what mattered to Jack. There was a time when he considered asking Freya to marry him, settle down and have kids. That's what his mother always wanted anyway, for Jack to meet a nice girl and start a family. Jack, on the other hand, was never sure what he wanted.
And now look where his indecisiveness had landed him. In bed with a fucking stranger, a guy no less.
Mind racing, Jack finishes getting ready, pulling on his black skinnies and a red shirt. He takes his toast, pecking his girlfriend on the lips and begins the drive downtown.

The coffee house is one of Jack's favourite places. Every day after work he stops by, grabbing a coffee before he drives home. It's warm and cosy and all the employees know his name and his order without having to ask. Today he walks in, greeted by the familiar smell of ground coffee beans, and takes a seat at one of the tables closest to the door. Looking around, he sees that Alex isn't here yet.
It isn't long before he pulls up outside, entering the coffee shop and taking a seat next to Jack with a smirk.
"Well? You have my phone?" Jack says, wanting to get this whole exchange over and done with so he can leave. He really doesn't want to spend any more time with Alex than necessary.
"Woah, woah, slow down. How about we get a drink first?" Alex offers, leaning back in his seat and ruffling his hair. His T-shirt rides up to expose a small patch of tanned flesh above the waistband of his brightly coloured boxers. Jack's pretty sure he's doing that on purpose.
"This isn't a date, Alex. I want my phone." Jack clenches his fist on the table, resisting the urge to swing it at Alex's jaw when he chuckles and leans forward.
"Well I guess you're not going to get your phone until you let me buy you a drink," he murmurs. Alex brings his face close to Jack's, leaning across the table and staring into his eyes. Jack stares back defiantly, ignoring the way Alex's eyes turn kinda golden in the sunlight.
"Fine, but you better give me my fucking phone when we're done," Jack sighs, breaking their eye contact and pushing Alex back. The other male smiles smugly, triumphant.
"What can I get you?"
"Vanilla latte," Jack mumbles, cracking his knuckles absently as Alex goes to get their drinks. Jack watches as he saunters up to the counter, swinging his hips as he walks. His jeans are impossibly tight, clinging to his legs yet somehow still falling down his butt and revealing the tops of his boxers. He watches the way Alex leans over the counter as he places his order, showing off his ass even more. Probably on purpose.
Five minutes later and Alex is sitting down again opposite Jack, passing him his drink. Jack mutters his thanks and takes the lid off, pouring in his sugar and stirring it in silence.
"So...how old are you?"
The question takes Jack off guard. He looks up through his fringe, raising an eyebrow. Alex looks genuinely interested, sipping his coffee quietly.
"Uh, twenty-one. You?"
"Twenty-two."
Jack nods, sipping his latte.
"Do you work?"
Jack sighs, putting down his cup.
"Is this some kind of interview? I just want my phone, dude."
Alex looks taken aback. He flicks his fringe from his eyes and mimics Jack, placing his coffee down on the table.
"I'm just trying to be nice, jesus." Jack frowns, feeling bad. It's clear that Alex is just trying to make casual conversation but honestly he didn't come to chat, he just wants his fucking phone.
He shrugs. "I'm a receptionist at this hotel, what about you?"
"Shop assistant."
Before Jack can reply, someone's phone starts ringing. Alex raises his eyebrows and reaches into his pocket, pulling out Jack's phone. His face changes from interest to that stupid smirk in a matter of seconds.
"Alex..."
"Oh, and who's this going to be?" Alex chuckles.
"Alex give it here," Jack hisses, seeing Freya's name on the screen. Alex shakes his head, dodging Jack's grabbing hands and answering the phone.
"Hello?"
A pause.
"Oh, this is Jack's friend. Who's speaking?"
Another pause. Jack is making a desperate attempt to grab the phone from Alex without drawing to much attention to them. Alex fends him off and raises an eyebrow.
"Oh. Well, if you must know-"
Jack makes a grab for the phone and manages to knock it from Alex's grasp, picking it up.
"Frey?"

"Jack, what the hell?"

"Sorry babe, I ran into a friend. We've just been chatting. I'll be home soon."
Hanging up, Jack glares at Alex.
"What the fuck, man?" he spits, pocketing the phone.
"Well someone has been naughty. A girlfriend? You should be ashamed, Jacky." Jack growls, pushing his chair back and grabbing his coffee.
"Fuck off."
Jack makes a move to leave but Alex catches his wrist, pulling him back. The older male grins.
"Call me?"
Jack laughs, yanking his arm away and exiting the coffee house, skin tingling with Alex's touch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow okay so yeah, chapter two. I'll try and update frequently but I don't wanna write shitty chapters just so I can keep to a schedule so...yep.
Oh and I hate to say it but there won't be too much smut at first cause they hate each other and obviously they're not gonna be fucking any time soon ;)
So yeah, comment!