Status: Ongoing

We Shouldn't Have Met Like This

Five

"Baby, it's snowing!"
Jack raises an eyebrow and saunters across the kitchen to where Freya is peeking through the curtains in their lounge. He wraps his arms around her waist, hooking his chin over her shoulder and looks out onto the snowy street outside. For October, the snow is falling thick and fast, the front porch already half buried. They stand and watch the snowflakes flutter past the window for a while, Jack's arms hugging Freya close to him. She giggles quietly when Jack's lips brush under her ear, and he smiles against her warm skin.
"You taste like mangoes," Jack murmurs, hands brushing up and down his girlfriend's waist.
"That's cause I bought mango flavoured soap," she laughs, turning to face Jack and running her fingers through his hair. Jack smiles and leans down to kiss her, but he's stopped by her index finger pressing against his lips. He quirks an eyebrow and pulls away.
"Are you okay?"
Jack is taken aback.
"I'm fine. Why?"
Freya sighs, stepping out of Jack's arms and shuffling over to the sofa. Jack follows, frowning.
"You've been acting weird and it's bugging me."
Jack swallows and pushes Freya's hair from her face, watching her as she absently picks her nails.
"I'm fine, I swear. Okay?" Jack assures her, leaning over and kissing her temple. "I'm gonna go make tea, you want?"
Freya nods and picks up the remote, switching on the TV. Jack pads into the kitchen and flicks on the kettle, leaning against the counter as it boils. He smiles when he hears the Adventure Time theme tune blare from the speakers. Jack had gotten her into it when they started dating and now she's pretty much obsessed.
As he's retrieving two mugs from the kitchen cupboards, Jack's phone starts to buzz in his back pocket.

Unknown calling...

Shrugging, Jack answers. "Hello?"

"Hey, Jack."

Jack sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose.
"How did you get my number?"

"I may or may not have saved it when you left your phone at my place..."

Cradling the phone between his ear and his shoulder, Jack drops two teabags into the mugs. "Well you might as well delete it, Alex, because we're not friends."
Alex sighs on the other end. Jack ignores him as he tries to pour the boiling water from the kettle without burning his hand.

"But I called to apologise, I didn't know it would make you so angry," Alex pleads.

"Fuck," Jack hisses as he spills some of the tea. Grabbing a cloth, he tries to clear the mess up without dropping his phone. Stupid fucking Alex. "Okay, that's great, Alex. Thanks. Now I need to go."

"Wait, Jack, can we just talk? I was wondering if you want to-"

Jack wriggles the phone out from where it's wedged under his ear and hangs up, cutting Alex off. He really doesn't give a shit what the older male has to say. He finishes making the tea and carries it in to where Freya is still consumed in Adventure Time.
His phone buzzes twice more, indicating two new messages. Jack ignores them, placing the mugs on the table and curling up on the sofa next to his girlfriend.
After a while, Jack gets bored and checks his phone.

One message reads: From Alex: Jack stop fucking ignoring me
The other reads: From Zack: hey jack, me ri and alex are seeing a movie tomorrow night at 8:45. you there?

Jack sighs. He ignores the message from Alex and begins to type a reply to Zack. His thumbs hover over the keyboard, deliberating whether or not he should go. Jack has never missed an opportunity to go out with his best friend, but then again, Alex had never came with them. It wouldn't even be so bad if Jack hadn't been fucked by the guy.
Grimacing at that thought, Jack types his reply.
To Zack: yeah sure I'll be there.
He isn't going to lose friends over some dick. Although he is getting tired of running into Alex wherever he goes like he's some fucking magnet. And it's not like he can tell Zack that he can't come to the movies because he got drunk and slept with Alex. Yeah, that would be awkward.
♠ ♠ ♠
wow I suck okay I'm so so so so sorry for taking this long to write barely anything. I've been caught up with school and other stuff and I literally just looked over all my ideas for this and realised it's really predictable and shit, basically.
I'm sorry!! (Please comment and let me know what you think)