Status: I will try to update this when I can.

The Geto Siblings

Chapter 2 - Beyond Embarrasing

On her way back to the barracks Kami began to see the full extent of the damage the Vadenreich had inflicted. People were running around trying to restore some of the buildings, taking attendance of the squads to see who had been wounded and who was dead, and there were many devoted only to bringing in the injured to the squad 4 medical center. This war with the Vadenreich had struck the soul society hard since they had lost the head captain. All that was left now was to try to get ready for the next assult. Kaminokai decided to ask Momo if she could train with her. She felt the need to be prepared for what lay ahead. Even if she had doubts about her willingness to take life. Kaminokai was a gentle person most of the time, but she had her own dark thoughts like everyone else. In the past she had been hurt by friends who she had gotten close to. They had told her they were scared they wouldn't have anybody that they would go back to being alone and she had been somebody they could lean on. She had told them that she would always be there for them and she meant it. But then a sliver of doubt crept into her friends' minds and they began to wonder if she would keep her promise and they began to find other people they thought they could rely on, leaving her behind. Kaminokai had given them everything and yet they brushed it off and didn't believe her intent was pure and true, because they thought that the world is so dark and terrible there can't be people like that. People that would stay with you, that would never leave you.

These thoughts had been swirling around Kaminokai's head when she reached the squad 5 barracks. She soon saw her sister and brother they looked exhausted from their work and she knew they would say she had gotten the easy job, so she crept around them to go find Momo. As it was she found out that she was not in the barracks at the moment but helping a team put back together the underground pipelines that supplied water to most of the Seireitei, so Kami decided to go find her and help in what way she could hoping that she would get the chance to talk to her more and get to know her better. She soon discovered her near the squad 4 barracks.

"Hello lieutenant Hinamori. Can I help you in some way?" Kaminokai asked.

Momo looked over to her and said, "You can just call me Momo, Kaminokai and yes I could use some help. I need to get these pipes replaced and ones that aren't damaged connected again."

"Ok well I'll call you Momo if you call me by my nickname Kami. I can help with the pipes just tell me what to do."

Smiling Momo said, "Alright it's a deal. So first you need to tie up your sleeves so they don't get wet."

Once Kaminokai had her sleeves tied up she and Momo got some pipes to replace the broken ones. Restoring the water was important because squad 4 needed a large amount for their medical facility where it was used to make sure that the staff and patients stayed hydrated and other purposes but mainly hydration. Although to get to the pipes that needed to be replaced they had to go down into a hole about as deep as a hollow is tall and slosh through water. By the time they had finished Kaminokai had found out that Momo was close to captain Hitsuguya and she had two other friends that were lieutenants as well. Kami had not talked much about herself but had told Momo a little about her parents and her siblings. She was glad it was over though because now her Hakama (pants that soul reapers wore) were completely soaked and she was wet all over. Her hair hung in wet strands. All Kami wanted to do now was go to a bath house and soak for a good long time in the hot water. But she couldn't since one of the only bath houses in the Seireitei was in the squad 2 barracks and she couldn't go there unless she had business with either the captain or lieutenant. Momo had told her to find her siblings and bring them to the courtyard so they could be shown where they would sleep. As she approached the courtyard with her siblings (who were arguing as usual) she saw Momo standing there waiting for them.

"Hello Momo." Kaminokai called.

"Oh, Hi Kami. Are you ready to see where you'll be staying?"

Hikari answered for all of them. "We definetly are. I'm so tired."

Momo led them to a building where all the squad except the captain and lieutenant slept. The officers holding the positions between 3rd and 10th seat stayed in a separate wing that joined to the main building but was completely closed off from it except for a small hallway connecting the wing to the main building. There was a similar wing on the other side of the building where the 11th to 20th seat officers stayed. Very soon they were in their respective wing and shown their rooms. Each had their own separate room. Kami quickly went in to hers and began to change out of her wet clothes. The room was simple and had no furniture other then a table and some cabinets. Kaminokai knew that inside the cabinets was a futon and bedding for her. It would be nice to curl up under the warm blankets and sleep. She began to take of her wet clothes. Just as she was pulling off her Shihakusho the door to her room slid open and there was a young man standing there.

Kami's face turned red and she stuttered out, "Wh... What are you doing!?"

"Umm.... Ahh.. I mean I'm so sorry." the man blurted out before he quickly closed the door, but not before she noticed he was blushing heavily.